What size weights to tone with?

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Imo, a woman with large and muscular arms who has little or no boobage to balance them, looks bulky. I'm trying to avoid that, but it's hard to get a good idea of what lifting will look like on someone with no implants.

I think it's ugly when a woman has a man chest or even looks like a man. If a woman lifts like a man, she will eventually get a body like a man. Breast is fat and fat can shrink in that area, leaving women with men breasts and that's why so many bodybuilder women get breast implant.

I think it's ugly when you talk

(edited to be a little less insulting)

[/quote]
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Define "man chest"....

Go!

Didn't you know that lifting weights heavier than 3 lbs makes you grow hair on your chest and makes your boobs shrink?

I lifted 5 lbs for just one week and had to start shaving my chest! And my boobs are innies now. :(

/sarcasm.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Imo, a woman with large and muscular arms who has little or no boobage to balance them, looks bulky. I'm trying to avoid that, but it's hard to get a good idea of what lifting will look like on someone with no implants.

I think it's ugly when a woman has a man chest or even looks like a man. If a woman lifts like a man, she will eventually get a body like a man. Breast is fat and fat can shrink in that area, leaving women with men breasts and that's why so many bodybuilder women get breast implant.

"woman has a man chest"... you mean, small tits?

My large A cups have remained intact since I started heavy lifting nearly 3 months ago. My 1RM deadlift is 20 lbs heavier than my body weight (150 lbs).

My husband loves my "man chest" very much, btw. As did all the men before him who ever had the chance to see them bare.

If I wanted to say small breasts, I would have said small breasts. I have said man chest.

I deadlift 110% of my body weight and that is on the rise. I squat 150% of my body weight and I'm working on that. I don't in any way shape or form resemble a man, you toad. You want to start getting insulting, I can start getting fing insulting. You have no fing idea what you're talking about. So why don't you go hit the all purpose tae bo and stfu when it comes to lifting, at least until you find something intelligent to add to the conversation that isn't some crazy *kitten* anecdotal bull ****. I'll give you a hit, science goes a long way when it come to true understanding.
    Lol you went so hard on her I couldn't help but laugh
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I CrossFit and I lift heavy! I deadlift 150# and don't have a "man chest"; Jus' Say'n!

weedeatingattire.jpg

tnme2-12.jpg
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I CrossFit and I lift heavy! I deadlift 150# and don't have a "man chest"; Jus' Say'n!

weedeatingattire.jpg

tnme2-12.jpg

b6c521.jpg
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Man do I ever wish I lifted heavy so I could have half the man chest you guys have and be able to beat some people on this thread up with my huge man rack
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    If I wanted to say small breasts, I would have said small breasts. I have said man chest.

You know, at first you REALLY annoyed me with your typical inability to see any reality but your own.

However, I also feel the need to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the catalyst that nudged all of these women to change their profile pictures to their man chests.

/hail Azackery!
  • lollypop_ginger
    lollypop_ginger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think this is the best thread I have ever read. Thanks for the laughs! :heart:
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    OKay, I posted the original 'shoulders & implants' question. I am sooooo sorry for giving AZackery an opening.

All you beautiful woman with enormous, juicy "man-chests", I can only wish I was as blessed as you are! Y'all look amazing.
    I still don't know how lifting heavy will work for me. Yes, it's about my personal definition of feminine. I admit that. I'm afraid to look in the mirror and feel like I'm looking at a skinny boy.

But I am going to start a program this week just because AZackery is a douche, so thank you for helping me make up my mind.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I admit that. I'm afraid to look in the mirror and feel like I'm looking at a skinny boy.

I used to look like a skinny boy... when I was skinny when I was young and didn't do any lifting. Strength training added curves where I didn't have any before. My bum is higher and rounder now at almost 40 than it was in my 20s! And more muscular shoulders just makes my waist look tinier.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    But I am going to start a program this week just because AZackery is a douche, so thank you for helping me make up my mind.

Oh wow, there is a purpose for her after all!! It's like the definition of reverse psychology!

OP: I would say try it. We all know that it's much easier to go back to being soft and round than it is to look the opposite. So, you could always change your mind later, eat at an excess, and get back to what you were looking for.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    OP: I would say try it. We all know that it's much easier to go back to being soft and round than it is to look the opposite. So, you could always change your mind later, eat at an excess, and get back to what you were looking for.

^^^This
  • Sascha
    Sascha Posts: 204
    Options
    Hi Folks!

A friendly reminder to keep our guidelines in mind when responding on these forums, including: No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

If such remarks continue we will have to lock the thread. We do see some positive feedback and therefore are just sending a warning message.

Thanks for understanding-
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    no fun allowed. :grumble:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    *Make outlandish claims and then tell people you're ignore-buttoning them or to find the answers themselves when they ask for you to back up said outlandish claims.*

Azackery principles to live by.
    that just might be crazy enough to potato

^ that is full of awesome. LOL.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I lift as heavy as possible (low reps/high weight), and I hardly look bulky or manly. And btw, I'm 47. So this works. Just sayin'.

Can I be just like you when I finally decide to grow up? You look AMAZING!

OP: Now if you lift heavy and get in amazing shape, a certain poster can rightfully claim that you got that way thanks to her. So I say, don't do it!
    Kidding, of course. Go kick some *kitten*.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hey - I had to chime in on the boob thing. Nice boobs ladies, by the way.

I lift heavy and my boobs are gone! Well, there wasn't much there to begin with - although, what is left is higher, muscle has replaced fat and I think my husband's boobs are now officially bigger than mine. :sad:

With that said, I wouldn't change it for the world!!! Along with my boobs, everything else has also gotten smaller, while the weight I lift has gotten heavier. Do it up girls!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I don't want to build bulky muscles by using too heavy of weights. I would just like to tone my arms and get a little definition. What size hand weights would u recommend in achieving this?

You don't have to use weights to get tone arms. You can do body weight exercises and get tone arms. If people watch the Insanity infomercial they will see what I'm talking about. Any size weights can tone a person's arms, if it was not so, then professional trainers(Jillian Michaels, Chris Freytag, Terry Simpson, Billy Blanks, etc.) wouldn't make workout strength dvds having people use smaller weights, such as 3lbs or 5lbs weights. A person can use a heavier weight if they want to, but I know that a person wouldn't use 20 or 50 pound weights doing a cardio/strength workout. I know that people wouldn't use 20 or 50 pounds weights trying to do Billy Blanks Cardio Sculpt workout. They would not last a few seconds using those size weights.

Since you want to sculpt your arms, what kind of workouts are you looking to do? Workout dvds or gym?

Those are cardio DVD's that use light weights, those videos are not strength training.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    to the OP-sorry so many sarcastic comments about your use of the word BULKY. I know exactly what you are saying. I have nicely toned arms from only lifting 5-8 lbs. My muscles have nice definition. I would say that is a good place to start. You DO NOT have to life heavy weights to get "toned"
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Hey - I had to chime in on the boob thing. Nice boobs ladies, by the way.

I lift heavy and my boobs are gone! Well, there wasn't much there to begin with - although, what is left is higher, muscle has replaced fat and I think my husband's boobs are now officially bigger than mine. :sad:

With that said, I wouldn't change it for the world!!! Along with my boobs, everything else has also gotten smaller, while the weight I lift has gotten heavier. Do it up girls!

Mine disappear pretty much the minute I start losing weight. Nothing to do with lifting--it's all genetics. Since I've started lifting though, I'm finally getting some shape to my formerly flat butt, so there is that :)