40s - anyone else?

Options

Replies

• tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I just turned 42 in March. I took up running at 40 and ran my first marathon last fall. I'm still running races, I'm in my last Phase of my second round of P90X now, and then will be training for my next marathon in October.

I'm loving my 40's more than my 30's and 20's. There is something to be said for what age, maturity and experience bring to the picture. :)
  • lpekny
    lpekny Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 43. Will be 44 in June. I have around 14 lbs. to get to my goal weight of 140. It is nice to have others for support on this journey.
  • StaceyAnnMurray
    StaceyAnnMurray Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 46 turning 47 in October.I too just started my journey. I am loving this website so much so far! Please add me if you like!

Stacey:smile:
  • nFaith
    nFaith Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45..(why was that so hard to type) in November.. feel free to add me! As of today I have about 15 pounds to lose!!! yay!!!
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    At 41 I felt like I was 62, at 42 I feel like I am 22!!:happy:

41 here too and I felt the same way about feeling old. Working on feeling like I'm 22.
    Nice too meet ya!! Just keep lifting heavy like you already are and you will get there in no time! Lifting really is the fountain of youth.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    At 41 I felt like I was 62, at 42 I feel like I am 22!!:happy:

41 here too and I felt the same way about feeling old. Working on feeling like I'm 22.
    Nice too meet ya!! Just keep lifting heavy like you already are and you will get there in no time! Lifting really is the fountain of youth.
  • karenzaphyr
    Options
    I am 47 and 11 lbs. from my goal weight. Feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey!
  • Padmo
    Padmo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm late to this thread, but I am 44, and just began taking my health back. I'm about 25lbs. away from that.

MFP is really motivating and everyone has been so nice. Anyone in the thread, I'm open to adding friends.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45..(why was that so hard to type) in November.. feel free to add me! As of today I have about 15 pounds to lose!!! yay!!!

45 was so much harder for me than 40 was. I turned 45 in December and have about 11-13 lbs to hit my goal. It's a lot harder when you turn 40 AND quit smoking. But I would never consider smoking again!
  • jennlowe66
    Options
    I'll be 46 in October. When I turned 40, I was in great shape then shoulder injuries set me back and I'm slowly trying to get back there but holy cow, it's hard! I noticed that I was getting cellulite on my arms about a year or so ago. That was depressing! :(
    I'm hoping loads of cardio and resistance training, along with a clean diet, will get rid of that nastiness!
    Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'll be 41 in June, Ladies the 40s our the new 20s :)

Oh, thank God, because I want to be 25 again. :sad:

Edit to add: Forgot to say I'm 42. I've been on MFP for awhile, and honestly I have to say I feel and look better now than when I was 38 or 39. I hope that continues!
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    totally agree with all of this. 46 here and I agree, the reading glasses are just as depressing as your waist line :sad:
  • MyTime4Health
    Options
    46 in August, feel free to friend me.
  • rhodges48
    rhodges48 Posts: 16
    Options
    46, progressive lens, and stubborn weight gain here... the only one of those I can do anything about is the last one. That's why I'm here. :)
  • onit331
    onit331 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello! I just turned 42 in March. I SO agree with everyone...the last few years. OMG. Where did these extra pounds (15-20 for me) come from??!!!? I know much of mine has to do with hormone changes (that I am working on MYSELF to get under control) and eating certain foods. My teen and 20's metabolism is GONE I think. Bummer!!!!

I just joined MFP yesterday and am so excited about it. I would LOVE to be part of this group!!
  • tx_dolphinluvr
    Options
    40 here & at the start of my journey. With nearly 100lbs to loose, I've got my work cut out for me. But it will happen. :tongue:
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I turned 49 in December and am looking forward to entering my 50s later this year feeling healthier and stronger than ever before!

11842605.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    totally agree with all of this. 46 here and I agree, the reading glasses are just as depressing as your waist line :sad:

I AGREE!! I HATE grabbing for those reading glasses more than anything!

There is good news for those missing your metabolism, though. I am 46 and I have seen my metabolism change dramatically since starting strength training and building muscle. I know lots of women are afraid of doing weights, but trust me. It will help your bones, it will increase your metabolism and you will love how you look. As you add muscle you may weigh more, so don't get stuck on wieght goals, I weighed around 135 in college, i weigh 134 now and I look completely different. I was in an 8-10 pant in college and I wear a 4-6 now!!
  • tee0727
    tee0727 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll be 41 in July.
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 45 with 4 kids a very busy and hectic life with them that is why I also posted for friends who are around the same age some time ago I feel like it just gives us more in common along with the difficulties of the weight loss. I wish you the best of luck and you can add if you want.