Fat =/= curvy

Options

Replies

• InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Back to actual discussion...

I have a question then. Are only hour glass shapes considered curvy then? Or pears too?
    I'm a bit curious if I fit this "curvy" definition. A little clueless on the topic.
    I usually classify most as athletic, average, overweight, obese since that is all i talk about in nutrition courses xD Mixing in shapes confuses me. I just learned that there is such a thing as a banana shape the other day!

My personal definition;

Hourglass and pear are the curvy ones. However, I see some people with the hourglass/pear measurements, but they don't look curvy to me.

To me, it's just visual and very easy to see. I don't see how someone can look at someone with a thick waist and not much bigger hips and call her curvy. Or look at someone who has a flat, toned stomach with a tiny waist that goes in, hips that are rounded and flare out and call her fat.

It's just so easy to me. One looks like this;

6942315862_50d15ab142.jpg

And one looks like this;

post_image-32055pcn_stephpratt25.jpg?w=450&h=675

Everybody is shaped differently, but if you have a significantly (and not just in measurements, but in appearence) smaller waist and bigger thighs/hips, then you are curvy. It comes in many forms, but it's obvious when it's there.

The definition of curvy has been distorted and complicted so much that it's become almost meaningless. Out of all the times I have seen people be described, or describe themselves, as curvy, only a few times have I been able to agree with them.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

Christina Hendricks is the epitomy of curvy :love:
    Don't kid yourself; Hendricks is fat. Look at her when she's in a bikini not when she's all buttoned up in spanx and a dress. If she'd be 20-25 lbs lighter, she'd still be curvy, and healthier.

O.o

I've seen her in a swimsuit...she's curvy. And the point of the OP is that, even with extra weight, a woman can be "curvy". It's more to do with how a body is structured and where a woman carries her wait than how "fat" she may or may not be.

^^
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    PRECISELY. I think about how large people claim that they're 'curvy' and I'm just like...........no. 'Curvy' as in ( . ) sure, but not 'curvy' in a good, concave way like ) . ( . Marilyn Monroe is curvy...you are a potato.

LOL @ a potato...
  • caitlingirl1997
    Options
    I definitely agree with you!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Awesome!! Another chance for fat bashing!!

... Because there's not enough chances for people to do that in this world!

(that is sarcasm btw)

Awesome! Another person who hasn't read it properly and think it has something to do with fat bashing when it's not.

(Can you tell that this is also sarcasm?)
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Christina Hendricks is the epitomy of curvy :love:
    Don't kid yourself; Hendricks is fat. Look at her when she's in a bikini not when she's all buttoned up in spanx and a dress. If she'd be 20-25 lbs lighter, she'd still be curvy, and healthier.

O.o

I've seen her in a swimsuit...she's curvy. And the point of the OP is that, even with extra weight, a woman can be "curvy". It's more to do with how a body is structured and where a woman carries her wait than how "fat" she may or may not be.

^^

I just realized I said "carries her wait" :grumble: This is what I get for trying to play on the forums while I've got a crapload of schoolwork sitting in front of me.

weight*
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Is this lady curvy?

Sample046E0109.jpg
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    I am 370 pounds and quite curvy. I have curves where curves shouldn't be...my curves have other curves growing on them. My rolls do not make me curvy. They just make me... rolly? Fat? Yes, they make me fat. :P I have no problem with saying "I AM FAT" because it's true. The only time I've ever been offended by being called "fat" is when I wasn't doing anything to change it. :flowerforyou:
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Curvy waist to hip ratio - 0.7 and below.

Simple.

(Edited for accuracy)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Is this lady curvy?

Sample046E0109.jpg

Technically :laugh:
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Is this lady curvy?

Sample046E0109.jpg
    uh oh BONER alert :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :sick:
    Options
    Is this lady curvy?

Sample046E0109.jpg

:sick: I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    Curvy waist to hip ratio - 7.0

Simple.

Do you mean 0.70 or 7.0? Just to clarify because I ran my numbers and got a .8

So I'm either really.. REALLY off, or super awesome. lol
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    Is this lady curvy?

Sample046E0109.jpg

tumblr_m2w8xy8nPP1qlw3wq.gif
    Options

Simple.

She definitely meant .70 lol 7.0 would be like 250'' waist and 35'' hips! :laugh:
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    How about this?

1268093703G48xgeM-580x556.jpg
    Options
    How about this?

mmmmm...smexy
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

Simple.

She definitely meant .70 lol 7.0 would be like 250'' waist and 35'' hips! :laugh:

:blushing: can you tell I got a D in Maths?

Yes, I meant 0.7 :laugh:
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

Simple.

.7 and lower is the curvy range, I believe.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    How about this?

Yummy! Some hot curves on her!
This discussion has been closed.