Fat =/= curvy

Options

Replies

• InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

It says right in there that she's a DDD....

It said 36C then 38DDD so I was going by the first measurement.

Yea, I dunno where the C comes from :laugh: I just kinda went "Huh?" and assumed it was a typo.

LOL I thought so to. Like maybe she was a 36C at age 13. LOL :laugh:

:laugh:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    christina hendricks is not curvy...she is fat. here are pictures of her in a bathing suit. we are so used to seeing people who are morbidly obese that we think people who are fat/overweight are normal.

http://skinnyvscurvy.com/christina-hendricks/christina-hendricks-swimsuit.html

That's a rather shallow view. IMO, Christina Hendricks is one of the most gorgeous women in Hollywood now...mostly because she's not an anorexic twig...but, hey...if that's your thing, who am I to judge?

she is definitely pretty and when i saw her on Firefly she was definitely sexy.

Even though she's all gross and fat and stuff? I like wimminz to be soft...if I wanted a hardbody beside me, I'd be gay....not that there's anything wrong with that.

you can be fat and pretty and fat and sexy. im surprised you feel different. and someone is gay because they are attracted to a hardbody? wow...not sure how to respond to that one.

animated-peanut.gif

you are the one that said it.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I am not saying 'grossly obese' as in 'ew', I am using grossly obese as in the medical term, grossly meaning extremely. Please don't jump to conclusions.

Medical terms for obesity:

1. Obese class 1
    2. Obese class 2
    3. Morbidly obese
    3. Hyperobese.

I realised a long time ago that 'grossly' obese is not a medical term.

Yeah I saw that after I had already posted.

Oh, okay :flowerforyou:
  • andrewinsuresal
    Options
    christina hendricks is not curvy...she is fat. here are pictures of her in a bathing suit. we are so used to seeing people who are morbidly obese that we think people who are fat/overweight are normal.

That's a rather shallow view. IMO, Christina Hendricks is one of the most gorgeous women in Hollywood now...mostly because she's not an anorexic twig...but, hey...if that's your thing, who am I to judge?

Even though she's all gross and fat and stuff? I like wimminz to be soft...if I wanted a hardbody beside me, I'd be gay....not that there's anything wrong with that.

you can be fat and pretty and fat and sexy. im surprised you feel different. and someone is gay because they are attracted to a hardbody? wow...not sure how to respond to that one.

animated-peanut.gif

And it went over your head...hence Peanut.
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who gets irritated by the painting of anyone slightly chubby, overweight or even grossly (morbidly) obese as 'curvy'? The media's a big fan of it, for one.

I don't get irritated at all. Whatever people want to describe someone or something, it is their description their interpretation and their opinion. I should say as long as it isn't negative or mean, than why should I care? To each his own.....

I feel the same. As long as what's being said isn't cruel, I don't much care. I think my ambivalence may also be related to my not paying much attention to the "media".

Also, as has been shown, language is pretty darn subjective. When I read "grossly" in the OP, I didn't even think of the "yucky" sort of definition. I knew right away she meant "very". But it seems like a lot of people would never use that word in that context even though I wouldn't think anything of it. It's the same idea with "curvy". It doesn't matter if it means something somewhat different to someone else as that has nothing to do with me. ^_^
  • Taras32
    Taras32 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You guys are still at this?? Who cares what another person thinks. Do you! Big, small or in between, just be happy with what you have and what you don't like, change. I wouldn't care if you called yourself "Princess Fat-Fat, Queen Of Curve", so what!!! Can't nobody take your self appointed title away but you!! Soooooo, if 600 pounds is gross to you then don't become 600 pounds! If 95 pounds is gross to you then don't become 95 pounds!! I thought MFP was about getting healthy (losing weight, gaining weight, training..etc), why are we going on and on and (good Lord) on about personal opinions??? Cut it out already!!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

animated-peanut.gif

the fact that wanting a hardbody means you are gay? didnt miss that one. you missed my sarcastic response to like her because she is fat and gross and stuff.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

I think you've got into your head that the "Hollywood norm" is what "normal" is...Christina Hendricks is beautiful and yes, she's curvy.

she is in no way healthy/not fat...whatever in those bathing suit pics. she is a pretty girl but she is fat in those pics. i think it is your perception that is distorted. you honestly think those thighs are indicative of a healthy person?

Uh, yes. They're not huge. So she's not Kiera Knightly thin. Big effing deal. She still has a killer body.

they are huge. you prove my point that we are so used to seeing morbidly obese people that when we see people who are just obese they look normal. those thighs are in no way normal on a person with a healthy BF%.

lol are you serious? Yeah, she has some extra fat on her body, but to decide that she suffers from health problems because her thighs are bigger than what you deem a healthy size is inane.

lol where did i say she suffers from health problems? i do not know her medical history.

Is there something in this thread that makes people forget what they typed the minute they hit "post reply"? :laugh: You said it right here:
    she is in no way healthy/not fat...whatever in those bathing suit pics. she is a pretty girl but she is fat in those pics. i think it is your perception that is distorted. you honestly think those thighs are indicative of a healthy person?

You are saying in the above bolded bit that she is not healthy. If someone is unhealthy, it will manifests in some way (cancer, asthma, shortness of breath, etc etc etc.) Thigh size does not correlate to level of fitness or health, buddy.

Laces_out...I'm confused. In your original post, you asserted that she's "not curvy...she's fat". But a few posts later you said "She is curvy, just fat and curvy". So which is it? Is she curvy or not?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who gets irritated by the painting of anyone slightly chubby, overweight or even grossly (morbidly) obese as 'curvy'? The media's a big fan of it, for one.

I don't get irritated at all. Whatever people want to describe someone or something, it is their description their interpretation and their opinion. I should say as long as it isn't negative or mean, than why should I care? To each his own.....

I feel the same. As long as what's being said isn't cruel, I don't much care. I think my ambivalence may also be related to my not paying much attention to the "media".

Also, as has been shown, language is pretty darn subjective. When I read "grossly" in the OP, I didn't even think of the "yucky" sort of definition. I knew right away she meant "very". But it seems like a lot of people would never use that word in that context even though I wouldn't think anything of it. It's the same idea with "curvy". It doesn't matter if it means something somewhat different to someone else as that has nothing to do with me. ^_^

I agree.

I think the choice of the word "grossly" probably wasn't the most sensitive, but I didn't take it to mean that the OP thought overweight people are "gross" either.
  • abberbabber
    Options

animated-peanut.gif

the fact that wanting a hardbody means you are gay? didnt miss that one. you missed my sarcastic response to like her because she is fat and gross and stuff.

He said if *HE* wanted a hardbody, he'd be gay. Meaning that his preference for women is that they not be super muscular. He's not saying you have to be gay to like muscular women.
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    *announcer voice*
    Welcome to teh Interwebz: where your opinion will always give someone a case of teh butt hurtz!
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You guys are still at this?? Who cares what another person thinks. Do you! Big, small or in between, just be happy with what you have and what you don't like, change. I wouldn't care if you called yourself "Princess Fat-Fat, Queen Of Curve", so what!!! Can't nobody take your self appointed title away but you!! Soooooo, if 600 pounds is gross to you then don't become 600 pounds! If 95 pounds is gross to you then don't become 95 pounds!! I thought MFP was about getting healthy (losing weight, gaining weight, training..etc), why are we going on and on and (good Lord) on about personal opinions??? Cut it out already!!!

Agreed. However I do think it's interesting to hear how people's perceptions differ. I like hearing personal opinions.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

I think you've got into your head that the "Hollywood norm" is what "normal" is...Christina Hendricks is beautiful and yes, she's curvy.

Uh, yes. They're not huge. So she's not Kiera Knightly thin. Big effing deal. She still has a killer body.

they are huge. you prove my point that we are so used to seeing morbidly obese people that when we see people who are just obese they look normal. those thighs are in no way normal on a person with a healthy BF%.

lol are you serious? Yeah, she has some extra fat on her body, but to decide that she suffers from health problems because her thighs are bigger than what you deem a healthy size is inane.

lol where did i say she suffers from health problems? i do not know her medical history.

Is there something in this thread that makes people forget what they typed the minute they hit "post reply"? :laugh: You said it right here:

You are saying in the above bolded bit that she is not healthy. If someone is unhealthy, it will manifests in some way (cancer, asthma, shortness of breath, etc etc etc.) Thigh size does not correlate to level of fitness or health, buddy.

Laces_out...I'm confused. In your original post, you asserted that she's "not curvy...she's fat". But a few posts later you said "She is curvy, just fat and curvy". So which is it? Is she curvy or not?

shes been both in her career. at at times both at the same time!
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    here is the link to the site i got the info on, so take it with a grain of salt
    http://www.celebritiesheight.com/christina-hendricks-height-and-weight/
  • abberbabber
    Options

shes been both in her career. at at times both at the same time!

So you're asserting that, in the swimsuit pic you posted, she's gone well past "fat and curvy" to just straight up fat?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

being unhealthy(fat) does not mean you have health problems(cancer, asthma etc...) at the current time.

OH REALLY? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Next you're going to tell me that you still consider the BMI chart to correctly distinguish the "unhealthy" from the "healthy", right?!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

animated-peanut.gif

He said if *HE* wanted a hardbody, he'd be gay. Meaning that his preference for women is that they not be super muscular. He's not saying you have to be gay to like muscular women.

usually when people say stuff like that they are projecting...but if that is not the case then i stand corrected.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    here is the link to the site i got the info on, so take it with a grain of salt
    http://www.celebritiesheight.com/christina-hendricks-height-and-weight/

I saw that after you posted it, and sorry, but no friggin' way is that information current or accurate for her body now. Those may have been her measurements during her time on Firefly, but even that I doubt. She was a size 12 then, and no way 154 lbs there either.

Not to say she isn't lovely (she absolutely is), but just that those numbers can't be current.
  • evilstarburst
    evilstarburst Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Personally it goes both ways for me its not just extremely over weight girls but I find girls that are too thin make me cringe as well. I know a lot of women that are over weight and aren't curvy at all just a lot of rolls. On the tv I don't look up to skinny or over weight girls, I find myself looking up to who are fit enough to survive in the wild like the explorer people on the discovery channel. They are my idols.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

being unhealthy(fat) does not mean you have health problems(cancer, asthma etc...) at the current time.

OH REALLY? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Next you're going to tell me that you still consider the BMI chart to correctly distinguish the "unhealthy" from the "healthy", right?!

lol so if a person who is healthy and at a healthy weight for 30 years starts to gain weight and crosses over to the obese range of BF% they instantly get a health problem? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

what is it that you are trying to say? LOL
This discussion has been closed.