• Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Beach blast yayayayay coming up soon.
  • Grumbletron
    Grumbletron Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Chris Tomlin
    I was never a huge fan of Tomlin until on a whim I went to see him in concert last year. Holy crap does that man have energy. Totally blew me away.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    I listed some bands on the first page, but every artist someone has talked about I listen to and enjoy. Great Music, everyone should check out.
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard of Free Chapel with Ricardo Sanchez? Israel Houghton does backing vocals on the whole album, and the songs are fresh and just awesome. Especially "I am forgiven", "I'm not ashamed" and "Power of the Cross", "Very Same Power" and "Eres Todo Para Mi" (You are everything to me). Best workout album ever, got it on iTunes.

Hugs to all. Great idea for a thread !
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    Decemberadio
    Ashes Remain
    Disciple
    and if you REALLY want to get old school....

Petra and Stryper
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Decemberadio
    Ashes Remain
    Disciple
    and if you REALLY want to get old school....

Petra and Stryper

I have some 80's Petra and Stryper on my MP3 right now, you gotta rock some 80's hair bands!!!
  • glengiles
    Options
    the singer from Petra could give Rob Halford a run for his high note vocal money back in the day.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    :smile: I am older than most of you, so with that said, I do like Casting Crowns, The Isaacs, Elvis Gospel, The Gaithers and Guy Penrod.(Just Knowing You'll be There)..I am open to a lot of the new ones as long as CHRIST is the one Glorified. So glad to see so many young people listening to GOSPEL Music....I have surprised my GRANDS and my KIDS , sometimes with what NANNA likes..
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    bump ..forgot in case someone post one I really need to hear.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Stryper? That's 80's! That's ancient.

I don't like Third Day, never have. They sound almost exactly like Travis Tritt and I can't stand him either.

Newsboys, with Peter, was a concert y'all had to see. Saw them in Dallas a few times and it was sickly good. TobyMac hosts a mean concert as well. ZoeGirl was good too, but that's because my daughters loved them and they were gorgeous.

However, the best concert I've been to was Mark Schultz, only because he actually sounds better in concert than on CD's. His voice is amazing.

MWS and SCC: 2 of the best concerts, singing and entertaining, that I've attended. Everyone knew all the words to every song and the sing along with 10,000+ fans was incredibly spirit lifting.
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    lincoln brewster!!!
  • glengiles
    Options
    see third day to me reminds me of Pearl Jam, and I don't like Eddie Vetter's voice. :(
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Who's going to beach blast?
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    Third Day!!!! :)
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Adam Again (Dig is the best album, IMO)
    77's
    The Choir
    The Lost Dogs
    Five Iron Frenzy
    Starflyer 59
    Hawk Nelson
    Rez

I've got a ton, but that's what I'm currently listening to at the moment.

Did you get in a time machine and steal on my fav bands from the 90s?? Not cool man!
    You forgot Plankeye and Supertones though.
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    all the christian music I listen to (which are some of my favorite bands of all time) are P.O.D., Chevelle and Flyleaf
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Creed and Sixpence None the Richer are as close as I've come. Any closer and my neck starts to smoke like Eddie Murphy in a Vampire in Brooklyn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vpi3q6_ymA
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Skillet....sorry if that doesn't count but it does too me
    Skillet is a christian band?! Must add to list then because I love Skillet
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Can somebody explain to me what separates Christian Music from other forms of music?

Didn't most music evolve from some form of spiritual beginning?
    Is it subject matter? A Christian list of approved subject matter and/ or groups? Who decides?

This may sound like I am not sincere, but I am. As a Blues afficiado, I am quite familiar with the evolution of modern day blues. And a serious influence was early Gospel and Spiritual Music. Can Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, Eric Clapton, etc. be considered Christian Music?

I am sure that there is overlap, eg, Creed who marketed themselves in the mainstream rock as well as Christian music genre. It probably goes back to how the group itself wishes to market its own music. When I think of Christian music, I think of a positive message in the lyrics and free from foul language.

Foul language? So, no chicken clucking?
    And positive message? So, no songs about being depressed, losing someone, doubting your faith?

I hate when people try and put Christian music in a box.
  • ArtemisMoon
    ArtemisMoon Posts: 144
    Options
    4 Him...

...was my favorite growing up, and Marty was my first crush, lol...I still have all of their classic albums.

I still mostly enjoy a lot that was popular once upon a time.

Amy Grant
    Steven Curtis Chapman
    Rebecca St. James
    East to West
    Cindy Morgan
    Lisa Bevill
    Michael W. Smith
    Mark Lowry's comedy and parodies :)

I have also recently discovered Skillet and love them!