Am I the only Virgin here?

Options

Replies

• bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Firstly: 'fornication' is a sin. 'fornication' means 'sexual intercourse outside wedlock'

Sadly this only affects persons involved in certain religions stemming from the middle east. The rest of us can bonk with joy and abandon not giving two hoots what some book says. If you think that book is just cute myths and legends and you don't take it too seriously then (a) you don't offer your virgin daughters to people about to gang-rape strange men and (b) you don't slit your wrists over having just had a very fine night of rumpy-tumpy with your hot, gorgeous boyfriend with that peachy, peachy butt.

PS: no, of course I'm not a virgin. My kids would be pretty worried if I were.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    PS: at my great age now, I look at romance novels and I think 'humans are trying to dress sexual intercourse up so they don't have to see it in the daylight.'

A man can handle his daughter bonking far better if she's married and it's 'leeerrrrrv' and they're getting a house and having children, than he can handle the raw reality of two mammals making the beast with two backs.

I don't think I can think of anything more destructive to the world over the ages than this romanticisation of a basic fundamental bodily function. It has been the keystone to so many religions, so many ways of controlling the masses. Control them through their sexuality and you have the ultimate control. Teach them to feel guilt about even thinking about it and that's just gravy.
  • vanderandkarl
    Options
    i am not a virgin but i WISH I HAD WAITED its a beauiful and special gift that you share with someone not something to be given lightly.

be proud and happy and dont let anyone tell you any different

as for thinking about nookie all the time u can still do that and be a virgin so that was a supid comment for people to make.

you will know when you are ready so dont rush and enjoy life x
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I lost my virginity at 18, and in my group of friends (and where I lived!) that was pretty late. I'm glad I waited until I was comfortable with it, and I think other people should always wait until they're sure it's what they want, whatever age that happens at!

I don't get why people are so weird about it, I don't really care who people are or aren't sleeping with, so I've always found it hard to understand why others are so bothered. Whatever reason you have for staying a virgin, I say good on you for sticking to your guns and waiting until the time is right for you. Same goes for people who aren't, go with what you believe in, morally, religiously, whatever.
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm a virgin! And that will change when I'm ready; but for now, I'm too insecure with my body to show it to anyone in that way. I'm not rushing it, though.

...nvm I'll leave this alone

I can only wonder if you're talking about the 3 of 4 pictures showing just her boobs. :huh:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You're not the only one. My son is 25 and still a virgin.
    That's what you think...

Well, he tells me he is and I have no reason to believe he's lying because he certainly doesn't have to.
    :laugh: my mum thinks that i am still a virgin as well hahaha.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I haven't had sex in 10 months, so I suppose you could say that I've re-virginised LOL
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    It seems to me the basic function of human life is to procreate. So it is kind of unnatural to not want to...

I'm a born again virgin. Not by choice though!

Muahahahahaahah. And is Virgin really a capital v?

Only if you talk about Virgin flights, Virgin trains, Virgin media, Virgin Holidays, Virgin money, Virgin London Marathon, Virgin broadband........

:::::runs off:::::
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    To each their own. There's different views on the subject and I don't think that any of them should be considered to be 'wrong'. You do it when you're ready.
    I personally decided to wait for my fiance (to be married in 5 days), and that was what was best for me. He waited for me, also. But I hardly look down on or think someone is wrong for not waiting. That's their personal choice. :)

Edit;; Also, I never 'lost' mine. I gave it to someone. :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I think its admirable in this day and age to not fold under peer pressure. Shows great strength of character. Congrats x
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Meh.

If you want to stay a virgin until the time is right for you then do that.

If you want more bangs than a Chinese fireworks factory then do that instead.

The sexual act in itself is no indicator of true morality (although the context within which is takes place may well be) and having sex or lots of sexual partners doesn't make a person kewl either.

Be happy.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    It's been so long that I feel like a virgin...but that's not what you're asking...
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm not a virgin, but I don't judge people for choosing who they give their virgnity to, or whatever they choose. I have only had sex with one person in my life, and that's my husband. That's how I wanted it. I had opprotunities before him, but it was also important to me that I waited until I found the person I knew i would marry. (The original plan was to wait until marriage but when you life together first, that because pretty much impossible lol)

It's your life, enjoy it how you see fit.

^^ This ^^
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Oh, and another thing whilst I am on my high horse (and yes, I am on it...) there seems to be a myth that takes root in the minds of people that haven't had sex in a while that everyone else is going at it hammer and tongs making them a bit weird.

Obviously this is utter nonsense.

Most people's sex lives I would wager are perfectly average despite all the bravado and does not involve multiple positions multiple times a day whilst a Rocky like theme song is played in the background...
  • Uuugggghhhhhhh
    Options
    slide_221828_892651_large.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Meh.

If you want to stay a virgin until the time is right for you then do that.

If you want more bangs than a Chinese fireworks factory then do that instead.

The sexual act in itself is no indicator of true morality (although the context within which is takes place may well be) and having sex or lots of sexual partners doesn't make a person kewl either.

Be happy.

I agree.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I could never marry as a virgin. I mean, what if the guy sucks in bed? Nah, not my thing.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I'm a virgin......in my butt. =)

Hahaha. Same.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I could never marry as a virgin. I mean, what if the guy sucks in bed? Nah, not my thing.

But you could mold him into your perfect lover because he wouldn't know any different.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

But you could mold him into your perfect lover because he wouldn't know any different.

That would be too much work. I like 'em when they already know what they're doing.
This discussion has been closed.