Am I the only Virgin here?

Options

Replies

• vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options

sex has nothing to do with someone's religion... there are plenty of Christians that have sex, so why argue with a non-christian that doesn't have sex.... really?

Cause like many thin skinned people, he feels his way is right.... which is wrong, but you can't tell him that... and not get an earful. sadly, it is people like them that give Christianity a bad name... >>
  • laceyxlockdown
    laceyxlockdown Posts: 70 Member
    Options

sex has nothing to do with someone's religion... there are plenty of Christians that have sex, so why argue with a non-christian that doesn't have sex.... really?

Cause like many thin skinned people, he feels his way is right.... which is wrong, but you can't tell him that... and not get an earful. sadly, it is people like them that give Christianity a bad name... >>

lol i love you guys for not generalizing all christians <3 yay for you guys for having an open non judge mental minds!! :D
  • vade43113
    Options
    i dont know how you do it man.

gotta burn off those extra calories somehow

Hiking though the woods, running after a two year old, taking care of aging... dad now... :'( ... Like many things, quite easy, if you have the right mind set
  • silcock69
    silcock69 Posts: 50
    Options
    I am unsure why "no i'm not gay" has anything to do with being a virgin? You are just as likely/unlikely to be a virgin regardless of who you choose to sleep with...

Sorry, rubbed me the wrong way.

lol im bi and it didnt rub me wrong. lots of people associtae stuff like that because you could be the in the closet gay and are to scared to come out and you know you like the same sex but are to scared of people finding out.or you are in the closet and people dont know you are a gay and never slept with a woman because you are gay. thats another reason why people usually say that. its not saying gay people are virgins. and its actually said a lot to alot of people who are virgins mainly male virgins. i just wanted it to unrub you lol :p

All this talking of rubbing...
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    People keep saying they were a virgin "by choice." Do some of us here NOT have a choice to be a virgin?

If they are raped....

Someone call for me? > >

*hugs*

Yay hugs! Thanks. c:
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I was a virgin for 16 years. While sex is freakin awesome there is nothing wrong with staying a virgin until the right person comes along, or marriage etc. whatever it is you feel comfortable with. You have be careful to make sure you don't have a good time only to end up with da herps!

hahahahaha da herps
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options

Because virginity is a social construct used to keep women oppressed. Virginity isn't everything people make it to be. All it is is never having had sex. That's it. Doing so doesn't make anyone more or less virtuous than the next person.

Have you read "The Purity Myth:How America's Obsession with Virginity Is Hurting Young Women" by Jessica Valenti?
    I think it would be right up your alley.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Be proud in your virginity! If other people make fun of you, it's probably because they're insecure! I was 20 when I lost mine - which in my group of friends, that's late, but I wanted to wait for someone I really loved and who would treat me right. He and I have now been together for just over 2 1/2 years and we live together. I don't regret passing on opportunities before him AT ALL.

Be proud, baby! Do it when YOU'RE ready, and don't let anyone pressure you into doing it or thinking you should do it. Sex is personal and special, and if you're not ready, it can get complicated, messy, and make you regret it.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    People keep saying they were a virgin "by choice." Do some of us here NOT have a choice to be a virgin?

If they are raped....

Well that means they didn't have a choice about NOT being a virgin. Are there people who are forced to BE virgins?
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    i am a virgin but I don't get why bringing up the topic for you had to make you state whether or not you were gay.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options

If they are raped....

Well that means they didn't have a choice about NOT being a virgin. Are there people who are forced to BE virgins?
    maybe people in eastern countries whose women are supposed to be virgins until they are married (like in africa where they force girls into female circumcision in hopes that keeps them from having sex until marriage). so yeah I would say there are girls out there who are being forced to stay virgins.
  • vade43113
    Options

If they are raped....

Look up... Eunuch
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i'm a virgin and i'm single
  • lauramonster
    Options

Because virginity is a social construct used to keep women oppressed. Virginity isn't everything people make it to be. All it is is never having had sex. That's it. Doing so doesn't make anyone more or less virtuous than the next person.

Have you read "The Purity Myth:How America's Obsession with Virginity Is Hurting Young Women" by Jessica Valenti?
    I think it would be right up your alley.

This.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i dont know how you do it man.

gotta burn off those extra calories somehow

Hiking though the woods, running after a two year old, taking care of aging... dad now... :'( ... Like many things, quite easy, if you have the right mind set

im just messin with ya man. :] just saying it feels great, but saying it in a non pervy way. i work with two year olds, i know how much of a workout that could be.
  • tiffygrl12
    Options
    I'm a virgin but really hoping that will change when I get to college. Not that I feel bad about being a virgin, I just want to have sex. lol. I haven't met the right guy yet but that has to change eventually.
  • lauramonster
    Options
    Quite honestly I don't think its anyone's business and I don't know why anyone would advertise whether they are or not.

so...virginity is not a social construct but the beliefs surrounding what it means to not be a virgin are.

Yes, virginity is a social construct. There is no clear medical definition of virginity.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    For some reason people have the misconception that a man is gay just because he holds out on sex. Like he has something to fear.

I personally think that's ridiculous. I used to know someone who thought that just because a friend of mine held out until he was 19 (seriously!!) that something was wrong. He said,

"Wow, a couple of more years and I would've been worried." Then he made a homophobic remark that I refuse to repeat. I think his mentality is that he was 14 when he lost his own virginity, therefore that's when he became a "man" and proved that he wasn't gay. Which I will never understand given the fact that he has a cousin that was experimenting with other boys from school when he was a teenager, however he is currently in a heterosexual relationship that has lasted over a year.

All people have their own reasons for holding out. There is never a right time or right age. It's different for everyone. Some people want to only have sex with one person throughout their life, others want twenty. To each their own.
  • vade43113
    Options

lol i love you guys for not generalizing all christians <3 yay for you guys for having an open non judge mental minds!! :D

Hay, Christ loved first... and Christians are supposed to be "Christ like" I have family who are pagan, have friends who are bi, gay, straight,.... Crazy, insanely intelligent and down right stupid at times.... I don't follow the religion because I seek a title, sadly many do, I follow it cause It is like me. It "commands" us to be servants, not masters. To be humble, not proud. Heaven afterwards, is just a bonus to me. I would prefer to be kind than angry, to love everyone for who they are than hate them for something they aren't. IF I can open someone's heart to Christ, cool, but if not... I will still love them
  • lauramonster
    Options

Virginity does not oppress women. In fact, I'd consider the push for women to give up their virginity at the drop of a hat to be oppressive. I mean, consider the consequences. And, yes, we have options, but I'm still waiting for unplanned pregnancies and rampant STDs to be a thing of the past due to all these options we have.

Come on, women! Own your bodies. Utilize self-control. It's funny that self-control is okay (and encouraged) when it comes to giving into donuts or french fries, but it's considered oppressive when it comes to a potentially life-altering decision like a one-night-stand.

I respect all virgins and responsible non-virgins alike. But I get irritated with people who chase after pleasure without concern for consequences. This includes the obese who won't lift a finger to change their habits or the sexually promiscuous who think birth control and condoms (or abstinence) are too much of a hassle.

Yes, virginity oppresses women by reducing them to their sexualities and basing their worth on whether or not they've had sex. Oh, and there is absolutely no push for women to give up their virginity at the drop of a hat. More like the exact opposite. Seriously, for women to be able to own their own bodies, they have to be sexually liberated, and they can't be shamed for making decisions about their bodies.
This discussion has been closed.