Am I the only Virgin here?

Options

Replies

• sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I got married at 22 and was a virgin up until that point. Its not a disease, it's not weird and its not something to be ashamed of.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, um, I'll think I'll wait. I'm a virgin.
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    It seems to me the basic function of human life is to procreate. So it is kind of unnatural to not want to...

I'm a born again virgin. Not by choice though!

Muahahahahaahah. And is Virgin really a capital v?
    That's the second time that you made me laugh today.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I respect anyone who chooses to stay a virgin and is strong enough to commit to it. Then again, if there's no desire to have sex or to be in a relationship, that's not really strength of conviction. A lack of desire to connect and to find someone well into your 20s and beyond is kind of sad to me, but to each his own.

I don't understand why it's admirable to choose not to do something harmless that you want to do but it's no longer admirable if they don't want to. Is sex bad?
  • FitLink
    Options
    I got married at 22 and was a virgin up until that point. Its not a disease, it's not weird and its not something to be ashamed of.

You're right, it's not. Neither is choosing to have sex.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why it's admirable to choose not to do something harmless that you want to do but it's no longer admirable if they don't want to. Is sex bad?

Amen to that.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I used to be, but not any more.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am unsure why "no i'm not gay" has anything to do with being a virgin? You are just as likely/unlikely to be a virgin regardless of who you choose to sleep with...

Sorry, rubbed me the wrong way.

b/c if you are a girl and gay, you are not likely to have a dingaling in your vajayjay.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm a virgin......in my butt. =)

lmao
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I respect anyone who chooses to stay a virgin and is strong enough to commit to it. Then again, if there's no desire to have sex or to be in a relationship, that's not really strength of conviction. A lack of desire to connect and to find someone well into your 20s and beyond is kind of sad to me, but to each his own.

^^This! Love ya, FitLink! Cheers! :drinker:
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I am unsure why "no i'm not gay" has anything to do with being a virgin? You are just as likely/unlikely to be a virgin regardless of who you choose to sleep with...

Sorry, rubbed me the wrong way.
    because as men, if you tell people your a virgin after a certain they get starotyped as gay
  • FitLink
    Options
    I was a virgin before I got married, at 26. On purpose. It's a decision I made as a teen and stuck to it. It's definitely not the norm, and it's a difficult thing to do, but it was completely worth it. :-)

If you're happy with your status, then don't allow other people's biased opinions ruin your happiness. It takes a confident and secure person to enjoy being and staying single. And if you're asexual, you'll have a singularly uncomplicated life ahead of you. Just make sure you have a couple of good, true friends that you can talk to and share your life with so you don't isolate yourself, and set some lofty goals for yourself to achieve without the distraction of dating getting in your way.

I agree, but I have to ask: How has it been "completely worth it?"
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It's not weird at all. People are going to talk, because that's what people do, but it's a personal decision on when to take that step, and only that person's decision, no one else. I was a virgin until I was 27, because I never had anyone I was comfortable enough with to be naked with, honestly. It's no one's decision but the person in the situation.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    28 and still a pretty happy virgin. It's a choice I've made, not because I'm religious (which I'm not, I'm a proud atheist also), but because I'm not ready to deal with the responsibility that comes with sex.

If ur an atheist wouldnt u want to be knocking boots as soon as possible since in your belief system (or lackthere of) there are literally no repurcussions to anything u do in this life? Just trying to find the logic.
    I am a Christian, but I think atheists still believe in pregnancy and STDs...

lol, im sure they do, but there are ways around that. This isn't 1736.

Though many churches still think it is and seek to prevent all people from using the tools we have to prevent these things, even when these people are not their followers and are, indeed, atheists.

The church prevents NOTHING...they just lay out the case of what ok and whats not. For ahtiests, who believe in nothing they should be out there banging away and doing whatever their heat/body desires since to them there is nothing after this.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    The church prevents NOTHING...they just lay out the case of what ok and whats not. For ahtiests, who believe in nothing they should be out there banging away and doing whatever their heat/body desires since to them there is nothing after this.

I think you're confusing "atheist" for "hedonist".
  • Ian159
    Ian159 Posts: 13
    Options
    Good for you. You're not the only one. My son is 25 and still a virgin.
    That's what you think...

lol
  • Ian159
    Ian159 Posts: 13
    Options
    28 and still a pretty happy virgin. It's a choice I've made, not because I'm religious (which I'm not, I'm a proud atheist also), but because I'm not ready to deal with the responsibility that comes with sex.

If ur an atheist wouldnt u want to be knocking boots as soon as possible since in your belief system (or lackthere of) there are literally no repurcussions to anything u do in this life? Just trying to find the logic.
    Quote Inception

Though many churches still think it is and seek to prevent all people from using the tools we have to prevent these things, even when these people are not their followers and are, indeed, atheists.

QUOTE INCEPTION
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I was a virgin for 16 years. While sex is freakin awesome there is nothing wrong with staying a virgin until the right person comes along, or marriage etc. whatever it is you feel comfortable with. You have be careful to make sure you don't have a good time only to end up with da herps!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

So a person's atheist (doesn't believe in a god / higher power etc) and that means they have no morals?
    I personally don't care if a person's a virgin, slept with 1, 2 or 100 people, as long as that's their choice, but to say they should be out "banging away" just because they don't believe in anything is ridiculous!

Not a virgin myself but there are tons of reasons why a person may choose not to, that is nothing to do with religion. Did you know that prior to probably around the 1960's, most people would wait until they were married before having sex. This wasn't always because of religion, but for many because they didn't see sex as something to be shared with just anybody, and should be kept for the one you choose to spend your life with. I didn't choose to wait until marriage, but I certainly wouldn't just sleep with someone purely because I was in the mood, they were sexually attractive and up for it too!

Also, there are STD's, pregnancy etc (yes there are ways to prevent it, but nothing's 100%) are you saying that a 15 year old should be out there banging away because their desires / hormones say to them they should?
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm a virgin, but I have a boyfriend.
This discussion has been closed.