Am I the only Virgin here?

Options

Replies

• wxchaser
    wxchaser Posts: 178
    Options
    28 and still a pretty happy virgin. It's a choice I've made, not because I'm religious (which I'm not, I'm a proud atheist also), but because I'm not ready to deal with the responsibility that comes with sex.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am unsure why "no i'm not gay" has anything to do with being a virgin? You are just as likely/unlikely to be a virgin regardless of who you choose to sleep with...

Sorry, rubbed me the wrong way.

It is a common thing I hear, That if you haven't, that your gay, or your just confused
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I'm a virgin......in my butt. =)
    Nice:)
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    If you are truly happy with who and what you are you wouldn't care what other people thought of your decision/inclination to remain single/virginal. Judging others and being bothered by the judgement of others stems from the same place: insecurity and a lack of self acceptance.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm not a virgin but I'm asexual and I actually wish I still was a virgin. Sexuality has nothing to do with virginity because virginity is just a social construct.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    28 and still a pretty happy virgin. It's a choice I've made, not because I'm religious (which I'm not, I'm a proud atheist also), but because I'm not ready to deal with the responsibility that comes with sex.

If ur an atheist wouldnt u want to be knocking boots as soon as possible since in your belief system (or lackthere of) there are literally no repurcussions to anything u do in this life? Just trying to find the logic.
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    I am as well, and the chance has never particularly reared its head and I found I wasn't really all that bothered about it. So when it happens, it happens I guess. I'm not one for the whole "the first time is special" thing, but I'm not going to race at the first opportunity (quite obviously...) There's a lot of pressure along with it, particularly from my friends, but hey, it's up to you what you do in your life at the end of the day. :)
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am unsure why "no i'm not gay" has anything to do with being a virgin? You are just as likely/unlikely to be a virgin regardless of who you choose to sleep with...

[/quote

I was thinking the same thing.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    Options

Agreed. Sexuality has nothing to do with virginity. I'm Asexual, which means I don't experience sexual attraction to anyone, and I'm not a virgin at all.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I respect anyone who chooses to stay a virgin and is strong enough to commit to it. Then again, if there's no desire to have sex or to be in a relationship, that's not really strength of conviction. A lack of desire to connect and to find someone well into your 20s and beyond is kind of sad to me, but to each his own.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

If ur an atheist wouldnt u want to be knocking boots as soon as possible since in your belief system (or lackthere of) there are literally no repurcussions to anything u do in this life? Just trying to find the logic.
    I am a Christian, but I think atheists still believe in pregnancy and STDs...
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Quite honestly I don't think its anyone's business and I don't know why anyone would advertise whether they are or not.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options

I am a Christian, but I think atheists still believe in pregnancy and STDs...

lol, im sure they do, but there are ways around that. This isn't 1736.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You're not the only one. My son is 25 and still a virgin.
    That's what you think...

Well, he tells me he is and I have no reason to believe he's lying because he certainly doesn't have to.

When I was 25 my mother believed exactly the same thing.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    A 27-yr. old virgin? Wow. Alright.

Whatever floats your boat. Or...keeps it in the dock, I guess.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    Good for you. You're not the only one. My son is 25 and still a virgin.
    That's what you think...

Well, he tells me he is and I have no reason to believe he's lying because he certainly doesn't have to.

When I was 25 my mother believed exactly the same thing.

im 41 with threee kids and Im quite sure my mother still thinks im a virgin
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    Options

I am an atheist (and asexual). There are repercussions to choices that atheists make, just not from anything we don't believe in (deities). If I chose to have sex with someone who had an STD, then my repercussion would be having to deal with that ... not the anger or wrath of any deity. Same with any decision in life.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

The repercussions tend to occur during your life. I think many people of faith experience this phenomenon, too.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options

I am an atheist (and asexual). There are repercussions to choices that atheists make, just not from anything we don't believe in (deities). If I chose to have sex with someone who had an STD, then my repercussion would be having to deal with that ... not the anger or wrath of any deity. Same with any decision in life.

ok, again my point would be that there are ways around that. For religious folks I totally get the virginity thing and I applaud it...for atheists I think its a true cop out to your own fear and insecurity.
  • RaeCan
    RaeCan Posts: 10 Member
    Options

[/quote

I was thinking the same thing.

I don't think he was trying to offend anyone, just referring to the fact that most people seem to think a guy is gay if he doesn't want to have sex all the time or isn't constantly thinking about women. Obviously this is a ridiculous statement, but I have heard that a lot.
This discussion has been closed.