Am I the only Virgin here?

Options

Replies

• 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Quite honestly I don't think its anyone's business and I don't know why anyone would advertise whether they are or not.

Because virginity is a social construct used to keep women oppressed. Virginity isn't everything people make it to be. All it is is never having had sex. That's it. Doing so doesn't make anyone more or less virtuous than the next person.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    28 and still a pretty happy virgin. It's a choice I've made, not because I'm religious (which I'm not, I'm a proud atheist also), but because I'm not ready to deal with the responsibility that comes with sex.

If ur an atheist wouldnt u want to be knocking boots as soon as possible since in your belief system (or lackthere of) there are literally no repurcussions to anything u do in this life? Just trying to find the logic.

Was that an invitation to attack atheists? Because there certainly ARE repercussions to behavior for everyone, including atheists, and morality is not derived from religion.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I don't respect virgins any more or less than I do people who have sex. It's a personal choice, and therefore none of anyone else's business.
    If ur an atheist wouldnt u want to be knocking boots as soon as possible since in your belief system (or lackthere of) there are literally no repurcussions to anything u do in this life? Just trying to find the logic.

not-sure-if-serious.png
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I was a virgin before I got married, at 26. On purpose. It's a decision I made as a teen and stuck to it. It's definitely not the norm, and it's a difficult thing to do, but it was completely worth it. :-)

Same decision, and sure as hell gonna stick to it!

And I'm not religious. At all.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    28 and still a pretty happy virgin. It's a choice I've made, not because I'm religious (which I'm not, I'm a proud atheist also), but because I'm not ready to deal with the responsibility that comes with sex.

I am an atheist (and asexual). There are repercussions to choices that atheists make, just not from anything we don't believe in (deities). If I chose to have sex with someone who had an STD, then my repercussion would be having to deal with that ... not the anger or wrath of any deity. Same with any decision in life.

ok, again my point would be that there are ways around that. For religious folks I totally get the virginity thing and I applaud it...for atheists I think its a true cop out to your own fear and insecurity.

If you think atheists, by nature, are bad people with what you believe are inherent flaws .... then the problem isn't atheists.
  • saltskinmermaid
    Options
    I'm a virgin by choice. :)
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Quite honestly I don't think its anyone's business and I don't know why anyone would advertise whether they are or not.

Because virginity is a social construct used to keep women oppressed. Virginity isn't everything people make it to be. All it is is never having had sex. That's it. Doing so doesn't make anyone more or less virtuous than the next person.

so...virginity is not a social construct but the beliefs surrounding what it means to not be a virgin are.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I am just curious, cause the way a few people are talking on another thread, no names, it makes it seem being a virgin or single and wishing to stay that way is a disease.... or something.

No I am not gay...

and no I don't have any drive to change my single status.

If a person is a virgin, they should be proud. If a person is single they should be proud. No one can speak for you, but you, so let everyone elses' word fall to the ground. You don't have to live their life. You only have one life to live and that's yours.

I am not a virgin, and I am married. Pride=dashed.
  • FitLink
    Options

I am an atheist (and asexual). There are repercussions to choices that atheists make, just not from anything we don't believe in (deities). If I chose to have sex with someone who had an STD, then my repercussion would be having to deal with that ... not the anger or wrath of any deity. Same with any decision in life.

ok, again my point would be that there are ways around that. For religious folks I totally get the virginity thing and I applaud it...for atheists I think its a true cop out to your own fear and insecurity.

It has nothing to do with fear or insecurity and everything to do with harm to self and others. Perhaps if you could define why you "get" religious people not being promiscuous but feel atheists must be afraid and/or insecure if they are? I'd think fear (of their deity's anger) would be a religious person's main motivation.
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    i am! i'm 19 and i haven't even had a boyfriend yet just because i've never met anyone who i was interested in before. all guys i've known have been immature and unappealing. i don't even mind at all though. i think people worry too much about it. as long as you're comfortable with your life and who you are then it's nothing to be concerned about. when the time comes, it shall come. i think i'm going to wait until marriage anyways, since that is what i decided when i was much younger. xx
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with that, I was a virgin until my wife came along.

still have several friends that don't believe it because I had a lot of girls around and often spent the night with a few, just never put it in :drinker:
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    No one ever dies a virgin...life always f*cks you in the end :P

But seriously, I'm a teenage virgin and it seems that I'm part of a dying race...I must reproduce!! . . . OH WAIT.

Really, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Religious views are irrelevant...come on, I know plenty of Christian *kitten* and atheist virgins, so don't shove that bs in my face. You could just be waiting for the right time with the right person, or you don't let it dominate your life, which is a good thing.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    What is the cut off t go back to virgin status? Its been a bit dry for the last 5 weeks.
    try YEARS... although five weeks CAN feel like years!
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Why are people on another thread talking about virginity anyway? Lol. This is myfitnesspal not mysexlife pal. :) i know there ks a section for chit chat, but my point is who cares? If you're a virgin good for you and more power to ya! Do whatever makes you happy and abides by your personal moral code. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

^THIS!!!!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    A 27-yr. old virgin? Wow. Alright.

Whatever floats your boat. Or...keeps it in the dock, I guess.

What does my age have to do with anything?
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options

that is a narrow point view, some people just dont want to have sex. and the same can be said for religious folks using the whole wait to married thing as a cop out also. Plus i have known non christain folks to wait to marriage for the same reasons.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

im 41 with threee kids and Im quite sure my mother still thinks im a virgin
    [/quote]
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^ but I'm 38 with two kids! lol
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I find it odd that this is even brought up here. haha. I guess being fit now correlates to sex? Or your taking one thread too seriously. :P I'm sure there are plenty of virgins on here. Who really cares?
  • FitLink
    Options

I am a Christian, but I think atheists still believe in pregnancy and STDs...

lol, im sure they do, but there are ways around that. This isn't 1736.

Though many churches still think it is and seek to prevent all people from using the tools we have to prevent these things, even when these people are not their followers and are, indeed, atheists.
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Same with me. I was a virgin before I married by husband at 25 and I agree with this comment.
    I was a virgin before I got married, at 26. On purpose. It's a decision I made as a teen and stuck to it. It's definitely not the norm, and it's a difficult thing to do, but it was completely worth it. :-)

If you're happy with your status, then don't allow other people's biased opinions ruin your happiness. It takes a confident and secure person to enjoy being and staying single. And if you're asexual, you'll have a singularly uncomplicated life ahead of you. Just make sure you have a couple of good, true friends that you can talk to and share your life with so you don't isolate yourself, and set some lofty goals for yourself to achieve without the distraction of dating getting in your way.
This discussion has been closed.