40+ Club - Summertime Fun

Options

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    HELP...I have been sooo bad. I guess it is because I am getting so close to my goal. I have eaten so much junk the past few days. I am so ashamed.:embarassed: I vow to do better starting tomorrow right after I go to breakfast with my husband. (We already have this planned).
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Reporting day! Everything is going fairly smoothly with Insanity. On Sunday I will finish week 4 of the workouts. Next week is recovery week, so no plyo or bone jarring exercises for me. Just some stretching and biking/ walking. My weight seems to be holding at around 150 lbs. In the mirror I am really starting to get lean. (Some of my 32" waist pants are even a bit loose). Glad I saved them...

Now if I can only clean up the eating a bit. MOST times I eat well, but there are those other times...:grumble:

Swiss, don't worry about an occasional "off the wagon" day. But if you string a bunch of those days together, well...let's not go there. Here's your virtual "kick" in the pants!!! We're here for ya!!

Good luck to the mighty P90X gals!!!! Enjoy the new journey!! :drinker:

Let's all have a happy and safe weekend!!!!!!

PS----APRIL!!!! Bon Voyage & a big Gute Reise in Deutschland, Oesterreich und Schweiz!!!!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

My weight seems to be holding steady and this week my eating has been pretty good minus the piece of warm zuchini bread last night. It just smelled too good. Plus I did use applesauce and half whole wheat floor so it wasn't too bad of a desert. I did much better on water intake this week- part of my prerace practice. My 10 mile race is next Saturday so the next week my goals will be to eat 6 healthy meals/snacks, get all my water, and get plenty of sleep.

Have a great weekend all!
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Very Happy Friday All:

I am holding steady from last week, or let's say I'm back to where I starte which is still down 5 lbs since I began MFP. I upped my water take and my exercise this week, so I'm looking forward to some progress next week!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    HELP...I have been sooo bad. I guess it is because I am getting so close to my goal. I have eaten so much junk the past few days. I am so ashamed.:embarassed: I vow to do better starting tomorrow right after I go to breakfast with my husband. (We already have this planned).

Don't feel bad Swiss :frown: I've been doing the same lately so you are not alone. :noway: Let's commit together to do better starting today. :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    I am sooooo tired...:yawn: No weigh in this morning. I will be doing the P90X fit test this afternoon and I will weigh myself and take measurements tomorrow morning. I might go for a jog/walk with my husband tomorrow morning if he is up to it, if not, I will take a break in preparation for the X on Sunday. I am excited but nervous at the same time. :noway: My little pain on the side of my left knee has come back some so I am nervous about plyo...I still want to start the program though.

April, have a safe trip!! :drinker: Can't wait to hear about it when you come back and I hope we get to see pictures! :flowerforyou:
  • singfree
    Options
    Alf, why not try one of those small straps you place below the knee for support. I use one every time I do jumping or plyo (any Insanity) workout. Not one of those big knee supports, but one that is only about 1" wide. It really help me. I would never be able to take the daily bashing without it. P90X doesn't do plyo all the time, just once per week. Good luck!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Alf, I wear one of those straps that singfree is talking about. I have tenonitis that started when I was pregnant with my sixth baby. I still use one at work and sometimes when I am in Zumba class.
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Swiss... I know what your talking about when it comes to eating. I did so well when I had a goal but now that I reached it I'm having trouble finding a goal that I can stick to. I've tried telling myself... After I reach this weight I'll buy that dress. But that didn't work. I don't know how to get my mind re focused:explode:

So I weighed myself today. I am up .5 of a pound. That seems to be my story. Gain a half a pound one week. Lose a half a pound the next. Like I said before, I need to get myself disciplined again and I am having a hard time doing that.
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,816 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Just a little time to check in.

Swissmiss, don't be ashamed about what you are eating. There is nothing to be ashamed about. Eating is just....eating. If today that means eating ice cream, then eat ice cream. Tomorrow, that might mean eating a salad. I totally believe in balance and most definitely don't believe that eating should be associated with any sense of guilt or a feeling of being ashamed. It just is what it is, and today is a new day that may include a slightly different approach to your food than yesterday did.

tron, it could be that, now that you've reached one goal, it would actually be a good thing to sit there for a little while and give yourself a break. I know other people on the forum to that....diet for a few months and then maintain for a few months. As long as you are maintaining (and you seem to be doing that very well), there is no harm in what you are doing. Maybe in a little while you'll feel the determination again to lose a little more (if you so desire, of course!) But my concern is if you force yourself to do it now when you aren't motivated to do it, you may end up throwing your hands in the air out of frustration and just walking away. So take the time you need and trust that, eventually, your motivation will come back.

I weighed 99.9 this morning, so not much change from last week....which is good. I'm still working on gaining back up to about five pounds, but stopping the weight loss is my first goal. Hopefully, I've achieved that (for real this time...because I thought I had a few times in the past), and then with P90X, I hopefully can gain back a little weight (I know it won't all be muscle, but I'd rather gain weight while doing a strength training program like P90X than not).

I did a really tough cardio/interval session this morning. My plan was to do a light workout today, but when I went to put the DVD in the player, my fingers said 'You feel like working out hard'...so I did. But my body feels good, so I'm just going with it. I'll take tomorrow off, and, hopefully, have all the energy I had this morning on Sunday when I start P90X.

alf, I'm sorry about your knee! Just take it easy. :flowerforyou:

april, have a great trip! :drinker:

I hope everybody has a good weekend.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I definitely will listen to any advice that you give Stiring. You look great.

I am having a bad day. I am so depressed. Having family problems. I don't feel like exercising but then, I also do not feel like eating.
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Swiss............sorry to hear you're having a rough time.........hang in there!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Just remember, they may be family, but only you can control how you react to whatever is going on. YOU ARE STRONG AND YOU CAN GET THRU IT!!!!
    :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: mkwood, thanks for the support. I have been told many times that I have low self-esteem and therefor allow people to walk all over me. I know that this is true and is what is causing my depression. I have started to eat. Healthy food also. One good thing is that when I am having a bad day I don't over eat. I do the opposite and can't eat.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Swiss, (((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I know it is easier said than done but try to just think about yourself. Take care of yourself first and foremost. I know you are doing that and it is great!!!! As MK said you cannot do much when it comes to other people's problems including family and it is best to let them figure things out instead of being pulled into their problems. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Thank you alf. I get so much wonderful support here. Love you all!!:heart:
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Swiss.... I hope things get better. Dont let others get you down. I know its easier said than done sometimes. Take a bath, read a good book, something that you enjoy that relaxes you. Tune the rest of the world out if only for one day:flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    I really should have gone to the YMCA . Exercised and then used the steam room and whirlpool. I will probably do this tomorrow. I am drinking a wonderful glass of red wine right now. Yep, I added it to my foods.
  • singfree
    Options
    Swiss, the red wine is just the thing for you! Relax...have a glass of wine, kick back and read a trashy romance novel!! You are great and you're doing great too!! I think stress is a problem for most of us. Trying to relax is a big component of weight loss and well being. Hey, I think I'll join you with a nice glass of Cabernet, cheers!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Thanks sing...bottoms up.
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way, Swiss. Sorry it's been such a tough weekend for you. It's okay to take some time and take care of yourself. Recharge! We all need to do it.

You are a great person, and you have accomplished much of your goal. Feel proud of what you have done so far!
    :drinker: I'll raise a glass of wine with you! Hang in there!