Is there any foods you DONT enter into the meter?

Options
12346»

Replies

• tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    even weight watchers have started counting veggies AND fruits as 0 points.... and dont they get paid or something? wouldnt it work against them if they did this and the people didnt lose weight with it?

A WW point and a calorie are too different animals.

One is an arbitrary, almost fictitious animal...like a unicorn (which are very lean and tasty if you can get it).
  • angemarie23
    Options
    I add every item (excluding spices when cooking). I've even saved a "meal" entry for coffee that includes the honey and the creamer that I add just to simplify adding a repeatable entry in my log.

My thought is that if I'm going to be making an honest effort, I need to be honest about what I'm doing and eating.

I created a saved meal entry for my coffee as well. I like to account for everything. The only I don't log sometimes is my tea as it's calorie free but I could easily add an entry for that one as well just to remember that I had it. It does have caffeine so it would be nice to remember it for that alone.
  • darlingkaya
    Options
    I dont enter!

*Diet sodas
    *Tea
    *Veggies (as long as its not potatoes)
    *Apples (negative food - means, you burn more calories digesting it than it contains)
    *Coffie

What about you guys ! ? =)

Someone lied to you about the apples. I eat a lot of veggies. Why wouldn't you log veggies? They are calories.

About the only thing I don't log are spices and mustard (The bottle actually says one serving has zero calories.)

The only reason why i wouldnt log veggies would be from not wanting to restrict them within a calorie count ... but i guess just most of them should BE your calorie intake ;P hehe
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Spices/seasonings/herbs
    Diet soda
    Splenda (unless it's in a recipe and there's a significant amount, like 1/2 cup+)
  • darlingkaya
    Options
    We understand whet you mean by negative calories. You aren't understanding that no one believes you. Because its boolhockey.

haha boohockey ! :D Friends.. right?! ;)
  • pattytosswill
    pattytosswill Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I enter everything
  • darlingkaya
    Options
    Thats it ! im logging it ! :D

what i was most concerned about was the sugar levels when logging it.. but i just changed it for sodium. Then i dont have to look at it :D
    So ill log it as calories but not worry about the sugar unless its refined sugar from other stuff.

THANKS GUYS ! :D
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options

what i was most concerned about was the sugar levels when logging it.. but i just changed it for sodium. Then i dont have to look at it :D

It just doesn't get any more logical than that.

:indifferent:
  • hollye31
    hollye31 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I dont log water, drinks with very very few calories, herbs and spice, gum and mints... basically the things that arent worth it for the calories they contain
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Even the spices I use for cooking. Only thing I don't log is diet pop and gum/mints.
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    One is an arbitrary, almost fictitious animal...like a unicorn (which are very lean and tasty if you can get it).

And *virtually* calorie free.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

So ill log it as calories but not worry about the sugar unless its refined sugar from other stuff.

THANKS GUYS ! :D

It is good that you are cool with listening to other people. While I understand the concept of "negative calories", that concept does not work on MFP.

MFP already calcualtes the amount you would burn during a normal day when you enter in your activity level. This includes calories burned to digest and process food. So the 50 or so calories to process the apple are included in MFP already while the 50 calories gained by eating the apple are not included until you enter the food item in.

I am a sweets addict, and consistantly go over on sugar (and usually it is not good sugar from fruit), but I still lost weight. I am working on lowering it, but more for health reasons than weight loss :-) So I would not be TOO concerned with going over on sugars

I don't add splenda, gum, or tums to my diary.
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I record everything, including my water!

me too.
    i log in absolutely EVERYTHING i've eaten on that day, everyday. (i've been here for about 3 weeks now)
    aside from helping me keep track with my calorie intake & everything, it has also helped me to see what foods i could cut out or have less of...or even what i could replace them with after reading suggestions in this forum which are much healthier.

i also log in every bit of exercise i do...