What famous person have you ever met?

Options

Replies

• BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    Last month, I met -- and had dinner with -- veteran actor Hal Holbrook. He's been around for years, but most recently the grandfather in "Water for Elephants". He's a really nice guy, with 70 years of acting stories to share!

You can see us here:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3618341735572.161488.1184736971&type=3&l=dfeb733698

Best wishes to all on your health and wellness journey!

I loved him and his wife, Dixie Carter... so sorry she passed away:(
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I've seen many and have actually met a few...I lived in West Hollywood for six years and worked at a talent agency and in TV post-production for a while.

Celebs I have actually spoken to are:

Ally Walker (used to be on Profiler)
    Ozzy, Sharon and Kelly Osbourne
    Dave Grohl (from Nirvana and Foo Fighters)
    Colin Farrell
    Bill Murray

Colin is one of the most laid-back guys ever, and SOOOO gorgeous in person! Dave Grohl was really cool. Bill Murray was a *kitten*.
  • CoachDave2012
    CoachDave2012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Newest first would have to be Hollie Cavanagh from American Idol. She just left the show. She was a student and soccer player last year at the school where I teach.

Wow this is tough as I was a standup comic in the late 80's early 90's... also worked on some films.

Opened for Larry the Cable Guy (then Dan Whitney) we hung out and worked the Comedy Corner in West Palm Beach a lot.
    Did a guest spot in front of Bill Hicks about 3 or 4 months before he passed away.
    Hung out with Tommy Chong after a show (he was very cool)
    MC'd a show where Bobcat Goldthwait closed then we hung out for over an hour just drinking and telling stories, I mostly listened.
    Worked on a film with Ben Stiller, John Cusack, Andy ****, Mike Myers, and Jeremy Piven. All very young then (1988) went clubbing after the film wrapped.
    Met Alec Baldwin and Meg Ryan on the set of "Prelude to a Kiss" in Chicago.
    Ran into Andre the Giant (not literally) in the Charlotte airport then 20 years later (last summer) spoke to Michael McKean in that same airport.
    Ate dinner at Fuddruckers in the booth next to Tony Dorsett and his family. Then said "hi" to Deon Sanders at Outback Steak House last month.
    I once delivered pizza to Billy Zabka (Johnny from Karate Kid, Chaz Osbourne from Back to school)
    Delivered several times to Ronnie Devoe's house when he was with Bell, Biv, Devoe in Woodland Hills, CA
    Also hung out with a bunch of the Miami Dolphins @ the Ale House in Davie, FL
  • BandedTriaRN
    Options
    Ron Jeremy. There is a picture of me with him in my profile. It was several years ago at Fantasy Fest. He was walking by and I asked if I could get a picture with him. He is a tiny, disgusting little dude.

He wasn't so disgusting years ago but only after he gained weight... I hear he is a really nice guy
  • CoachDave2012
    CoachDave2012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Can't believe MFP bleeps out Andy D%ck's name!
  • BandedTriaRN
    Options
    Back in the late 70"s
    Andre the Giant (Wresling) Very nice guy
    Hulk Hogen (Wresling) He was very rude Havent liked him since!

Andre the Giant from the "Princess Bride"? :)
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Can't believe MFP bleeps out Andy D%ck's name!

LOL I was thinking the same thing when I read your post!! That's funny.
  • BandedTriaRN
    Options
    Lots of Star Trek actors: Vaughn Armstrong (Forrest), Casey Biggs (Damar), Roxann Biggs-Dawson (Torres), Aron Eisenberg (Nog), Max Grodénchik (Rom), J.G. Hertzler (Martok), Chase Masterson (Leeta), Robert Duncan McNeill (Paris), Robert O'Reilly (Gowron), Ethan Phillips (Neelix), Robert Picardo (EMH), Andrew J. Robinson (Garak), Armin Shimerman (Quark), George Takei (Sulu), Nana Visitor (Kira), Garrett Wang (Kim), Grace Lee Whitney (Rand).

Granted, most of these were for just a moment as I was handing them a picture, book, or script to autograph at a convention.

I love Quark! I'm going to meet some this year too at Phoenix Comicon but unfortunately Patrick Stewart has backed out. Shattner had better not tho!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    5695_1210835314964_1351172738_30606992_4357629_n.jpg

This was a few days before the LOST Series finale. I told my guests that if anyone even looked like they were going to ask a question about the show, i'd kick them out of the store!
    =D
  • BandedTriaRN
    Options
    I met and got to sing with Nathan Osmond!!!! He's Donny and Marie's nephew, he has a show in Waikiki! :)

Are you on his FB page? LOL. One of my friends from HS is still the biggest Osmond freak alive and follows them all over the place and hangs out with them at events, etc. I use to love the original Osmonds especially Donny:)
  • jennimben
    jennimben Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I got to serve Sean Connery a scotch at a country club I worked at! He was pretty indifferent, didn't say a word, but he did let a couple of us take a picture with him- that was pretty cool!
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I work part-time security for local concerts so I have met quite a few musical celebrities. The nicest was Skillet so far. Met Sylvester Stallone when he was in Seattle filming a movie.

Skillet is my son's fave!!! We went to Creation Festival almost 3 summers ago and met the Newsboys and Tobymac. Toby was super nice!!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have met a ton of pro wrestlers back in the day. They used to go to the same club after evvery show they did in Boston. We always knew when they were in town cuz they would bring out the 40's.

My daughter is a dancer and used to train with Olga Korbut. She is hilarious. She told me once that the only people in the world more famous than her are (were) Cassius Clay and Michael Jackson!
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I ran into Kathy Ireland in the bathroom in church.....literally ran into her.
    Saw Jamie Foxx at the mall.
    I saw a number of famous people at a golf tournament in Palm Springs.....Samuel Jackson, Emmitt smith, Mel Gibson, etc.
    I am a nurse and took care of a few remotely famous people, but I would be breaking HIPPA violations if I told you who! :)
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    People for the DMV are (D.C., MD, VA) probably know of The Godfather of Go-Go Mr. Chuck Brown. He gave me a foot massage in Denny's, no lie. My mom use to date the lead singer Reds from Reds and the boys in the early 80's. I didn't get to shake is hand but I saw Pres. Obama at a rally at my son's college and I took some really nice pics. I know the ex-NBA player Dennis Scott I believed he played for Orlando and a ex-NFL play Larry Webster (who was married to my cousin). I met another current NBA player but I don't know his name, hell I didn't even know who he was until my nephew told who he was. There are a few others but I'm no good with names. Oh, I took a picture with the radio host Michael Baiseden and I met the comedian George Wilburn.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Oprah as part of her audience way back when. She's the only famous person I've actually met and shook hands with.

Michael Jordan sitting at an intersection in his car. I wouldn't have known it was him except someone started screaming his name and then I saw his personalized plates. (Air One or something like that...?)

Harrison Ford from afar while filming The Fugitive.
  • kaytimack
    kaytimack Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've met and had drinks and performed onstage with Voltaire. Met Chad Lindberg.
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Had conversations with:

Billy Gibbons from ZZTop
    Tom Drummond from Better Than Ezra

Saw, walked by, or was in same room with:

Emeril lagasse
    Samuel l Jackson
    Jude law
    Sienna miller
    Gerald mcraney from major dad
    Eli manning while still in college or maybe highschool
  • KristenStone
    KristenStone Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    5695_1210835314964_1351172738_30606992_4357629_n.jpg

This was a few days before the LOST Series finale. I told my guests that if anyone even looked like they were going to ask a question about the show, i'd kick them out of the store!
    =D

I'm sooooo jealous of this!!! And right before the finale too. I bet you were on cloud 9!
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Shania Twain
    Wayne Gretzky and his dad Walter Gretzky
    Clint Eastwood
    Ryan Kessler (Vancouver Canucks)
    Jim Cuddy (Blue Rodeo)