What famous person have you ever met?

Options

Replies

• crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    Living in New York, I've seen a ton of celebrities... but I've met Sammy Davis Jr, Emmanuel Lewis (of Webster fame... actually went to JHS with him), Michael Carter (who played Michael Evans on Good Times)...
  • BrokenBarbiexoxo
    BrokenBarbiexoxo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Max Clifford lives opposite my mum and dad
    Stella McCartney used to use a health spa I worked at daily, so I saw her every day, and soap stars that visited the hotel also
    I saw Michael Jackson in my village about 6 months before he died
    I've met and had a dance class with Twist and Pulse
    At the Narnia premiere, I met loads such as Sharon Osbourne, the stars from the film and loooads of Z list soap stars xx
  • aimeerocksx3
    Options
    My most favorite celebrity meeting would have to be Weird Al Yankovic. He was doing a book tour for his children's book and stopped at my college campus!

I also met Bob McGrath (he was/is(?) on sesame street) as a child. I was dressed as a duck at the time. He was very nice, and I gave him a picture I drew of him and a few sesame street characters.

Other than that... I think that's it. I've seen many concerts, and I was 6 feet away from the New Kids on the Block... ;D
  • VioiletAgnes
    VioiletAgnes Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lived in Chicago in the 1980's so I went to a number of book signings to buy famous people's books. I met briefly and had books signed from: Betty White; Maurice Sendak; Charles Kuralt; Garrison Keillor; Ray Suarez; and Mary Lu Retton.

My former boss met one of his racketball club members while I was working so I did personally meet Robert Conrad, the former star of the TV show, the "Wild, Wild West" back in the mid 1980's.

I saw Bob Newhart on his own walking through O'Hare International Airport in Chicago.

On State Street, I saw Captain Kangeroo walking on his own in downtown Chicago....with baby boomers stopping or following in awe!
  • aimeerocksx3
    Options
    I met Lance Bass from N'Sync at a show choir competition

JEALOUS.
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Mr T (BA Baracus) I was 7 and asked him to sign my napkin
    Steve Harris - regularly (iron maiden - my dad is roadie)
    Linda Lusardi
    Olly Murs
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Zac Brown used to eat at the hubs old restaurant and still eats at the one he's at now, so I've met him. I met Jello Biafra in Denver in 1994. When Green Day was still playing $5 shows at VFW halls, they would stay and party with us at a friend's apartment. The guys from Screeching Weasel were usually there, too. The Drop Dead Diva cast work out in the gym I work at. Jackson Hurst is hotter in person. Shia Lebouf requested my smoothies when he was filming down here. I grew up in Cheap Trick's hometown and everyone there has a Cheap Trick story. The hubs' band played with Gwar at the Scrap Bar a billion years ago. I guess it's all kind of cool, but they're just people.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Lots of pro wrestlers around here, too. Chris Benoit came in to my gym all the time as did his wife. He was very soft spoken. When he found out my dad was a big fan and home bound, he brought in an autographed pic for him. It was such a shock when I heard the news about him and his family. Very sad.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Lucas Black
    Oliver Hudson
    Patrick Warburton (sp)
    A couple of singers
    Clemson FB coach
    Wayne Gretzky
    Catherine Bell
    Kurt Russell
    A few NFL players
    Gary Valentine
    Terry O'Quinn
    Michael Pena
    Dennis Quaid
    Joe Don Rooney (rascal flatts)
    Kevin Sorbo
    Sterling Sharpe (The biggest dude I've ever seen in my life, muscular wise)

I'm kind of a big deal. jk, it pays to volunteer at a charity golf tournament. I remember talking to Kurt Russell for about 10 minutes in between tee off's.
  • janey1306
    janey1306 Posts: 83
    Options
    I live in Ricky Hattons home town so see him driving or walking around quite often. As in the uk a lot of the people Ive seen or met a lot of members wont have heard of, but Julie Hesmondhalgh, plays hayley cropper in corrie, our kids go to the same school. Her on screen husband in my "used to be" local pub, a few other "corrie stars". Tony Booth, (Tony Blairs father in law) bought a house my ex inlaws once owned. Chris Eubank in a manchester hotel car park!
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    President George W. Bush in the Oval Office.
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I got to meet Samy, of the Samy hair products..
    Samy_white-shirt-HR.jpg

He was actually really nice... But that's about it for meet the famous..
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    President George W. Bush in the Oval Office.

lol, I'm sorry.

I waited on a US Senator once, didn't know who he was. Everyone was all googoo b/c he was in our restaurant. Meh, he was just another dude screwing everyone :D but he tipped decent.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Lead singer of the Offspring. He was super nice and very down to earth. The entire band Jackyl. They were a bit stick up, which I thought was amusing. I'm probably the only person here white trash enough to know who they were, though :P Kind of met a couple of the guys from NOFX, but they were EXTREMELY stuck up.
  • cherrybomb_77
    Options
    Oh and we gave the guitarist from the Teen Idols a ride once.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Not sure if he's all that "famous" anymore, but I went to high school with "Rocket" Ismael.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I got to meet Dave Thomas back when I was 16. Most interesting person I ever had a conversation with.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Patrick Stewart!
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Twila paris- a christian singer who lives in my town I met her when I went to the mission school her dad founded. she remembered me and saw me working at the worst resteraunt ever to work for and bought me a lemonade for my break.
  • cherrybomb_77
    Options
    Oh man, I forgot my favorite! GARY GYGAX (inventor of D&D). He was awesome.