What famous person have you ever met?

Options

Replies

• melk513
    melk513 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I met Jerry Mathers ("The Beaver") when I was little - I thought that was pretty cool!

I'm a country music girl...I've met the guys from Rascal Flatts more times than I can count this late at night, Jason Aldean, and Keith Anderson.
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Johnny Depp twice. He was in town filming a movie. He was really nice to EVERYONE. He's shorter than I expected and he also has small and extremely soft hands.

I saw Fergie in NYC. My aunt talked to her but I didn't.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Too many to count, I worked in professional wrestling for 10 years with WCW/WWF(E)/TNA.

It's not anything to write home about, they're just people too.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Will Smith is probably the nicest and most genuine human being I have met that was an icon. I did security for an event he and his family was at and he cared very much about keeping his kids out of the attention and was just a really cool dude.

I do security so I have come across a few.

The best are usually those smart media types where they were semi popular but big businessmen and women who you recognize but aren't like oh hey that is so and so.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Many many racing drivers. From Tony Stewart to Kenny Brack, Danica Patrick, Buddy Rice, Helio Castroneves.... Long story short I was a VIP guest to a couple indy car races. Really amazing if you ever get the chance to go.
  • BodyUnderConstruction
    BodyUnderConstruction Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I met Lance Bass from N'Sync at a show choir competition
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I used to ride horses with William, Harry, Prince Charles and Zara Philips and the North Cotswold and Costwold Hunts.
    I worked on the committe for a charity event with Jaques Villeneuve, Paul Stewart and David Coulthard (F1) and I have been to Davids house a few times.
    We are old family friends with Tony Hadley (Spandau Ballet)
    I recently spent a week with The Danish royal family.
    I spent a whole summer babysitting for Daisy who is the daughter of Billy Connely
    I have met and rented gear to Amanda Holden
    My husbands best friend is Hamish Rosser who is the drummer from the Australian band the vines.
    I hit Bob Geldof with my buggy in the school car park at Newton Prep when Tiger and Peaches were at school there.
    I have been over for kiddy tea at Gordon Ramseys house
    All were nice, normal people. Not A list celebs though in my opinion.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Alan Rickman - waited for him after a play in London and talked for a short time.
    Derek Jacobi, Peter O'Toole, Sir Ian MacKellan (Gandalf), Maria Friedman who took me to her dressing room for a chat, I was a teen at the time. Tom Baker (4th Doctor Who) and a lot of other Dr Who cast members, Rene Auberjonais (Odo In ST DS9). Can't remember the others, but have met a fair few as I lived in London and worked in theatre for a short time.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Some not overly famous but notable to me.

Dustin Pedroia
    Razor Ramon
    Terry O'Reilly
    Joey Logano
    Chad Knaus
    Jack Roush
    Kevin Youkilis (*kitten*)
    Rajon Rondo
    Bob Ryan
    Adam Oates
  • VirginiaWoof
    VirginiaWoof Posts: 147
    Options
    my uncle and Robbie Williams were friends as children and used to go skateboarding in the park near my old house!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I've met so many it's hard to remember them all. I've met members from pretty much all popular Christian bands in the past 7 years. I feel like that's it though. I've been in the theater with Keith Urban and Nichole Kidman, and they went to see "The Town" the same time I did, but I felt like leaving them alone was appropriate. I usually forget the people that are famous I meet. It's lost any importance to me now, they're just people with more money than I ;)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Alice Cooper
    Rikki Rockett (drummer from Poison) but Bobby Dall (bass player) spilled a beer on my boots
    David Naughton (American Werewolf in London) and a whole bunch of other horror film actors
    Rush Limbaugh (don't judge... I was young and stupid then)
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    J-Lo
    Halle Berry
    Beyonce
    A few Texans, Rockets and Astros here and there.

Living in Houston you're bound to always meet someone famous
  • Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Ray Romano in the swimming pool at the Mirage.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I met the dad off of "Wonder Years" when I was doing some extra work one day a while back. Not sure his name, but I loved that show growing up, and told him that I loved it. Haha, it gave actual perspective of real families. Oh and I met Bif Naked.. singer in Vancouver, BC.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    Prince and Chaka Khan at theTyler Perry play "Madea Goes to Jail" in LA then Queen Latifah after the play.
  • AnnieLuna
    AnnieLuna Posts: 2
    Options
    Barbara Bush, Nina Tottenberg, Bob Edwards, Cleveland Amory, and many others. I was a newspaper reporter for many years. My niece hangs out with Zooey Deschanel, but I've never met her.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Prime Minister Cretien
    Prime Minister Harper
    John Travolta
    Tom Cruise
    Jack Nicklaus
    Gene Kranz
    Buzz Aldrin
    The Skyhawks
    USAF Thunderbirds
    USN Blue Angels
    USA Golden Knights
    Surviving members of the Tuskegee Airmen
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    HRH Prince Charles and Camilla - they have a country retreat not far from where I live.
  • BeebsAbs
    BeebsAbs Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Pauly D & Snookie (Jersey Shore)
    Darren Bent (Footballer)
    Derren Brown
    Gavin DeGraw

I'm friends with John Ruddy (Footballer: Norwich City Goalkeeper)

hardly celebs, all come in to the pub i work in:
    Dane Bowers (Singer)
    Nicola T ("model")
    Lady Soverign (rapper/singer)

And

The "Situation" goes to the gym right by a friends house