Harsh words & bashing instead of support & motivation?

Options
I recently read several posts where fellow MFPers are saying harsh things to one another or pushing their views on others. Aren't we all here for the same reason? To get healthy and maintain a healthy lifestyle for the duration? The last thing I want to see is someone being put down for trying. There is NO excuse for bullies no matter what age, race, weight, etc. Everyone is entitled to their own views, opinions and beliefs and although you do NOT have to agree with them, please keep your negative and self-esteem crunching comments off and just agree to disagree and move on with your own successes. Now, let's get back to helping each other and MOTIVATING and SUPPORTING each other in our journeys! Thanks, and good luck to all!

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You're so sweet. I hope people don't bash on you. But yes, it is agreed. We are here for fitness. Just some people like to say "my bro science is better than your bro science."
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Amen! Well said! :smile:
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    If you find some thing offensive, REPORT IT to the moderators.

That said, I agree with you: we should be all be supportive of each other.:flowerforyou:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    The knowledge I have gained in the forums has come as a result of reading differing opinions and then weighing the evidence presented. It's rad.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Well said. Thank you.
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the interwebs!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    There are many motivational and inspiring nice people on here. There are also loads of gobby opinionated losers. I laugh at some of the comments people make they have no idea just how ridiculous they sound.

Most people are nice though. I agree that people should beable to post and be supported not bashed by fools x
  • BGreetings
    Options
    You are absolutely right. I don't understand why some people get off on trying to hurt others. Let's help one another.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Aww man! You posted this before I had a chance to que the sappy music. You were supposed to wait. :-(
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I agree...I wish more of us would be kind even in our disagreements
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to see others that share my thoughts! Thanks all!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Aww man! You posted this before I had a chance to que the sappy music. You were supposed to wait. :-(
    Sorry -- today's "Be Supportive, Not Meanies" thread quota has been met for today. Want me to put you down for tomorrow's? Will "In The Arms Of an Angel" work? I'll get it cued up.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Did anyone bring cookies? Cause I can't wait another hour to eat...
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I tend to ignore those folks who find it necessary to be rude/put others down.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The number one, and maybe only, problem with this forum is the fact that it is still just a computer screen to some people. They don't realize that there words are really affecting the person on the other side. Everyone needs to keep in mind that every post is attached to a real person! Much of the time people who are just looking for support from others who are in the similar situation as they are. Expressing ideas and opinions is one thing but when it comes to being ignorant and judgemental just keep it to yourself.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I am here for the cupcakes with bacon sprinkles and to make sarcastic comments AND to become more fit and healthy. I don't have to accept anybody's opinion that contradicts fact. Now, it's time to crank up the punk rock because all this sappiness is driving me crazy!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Sorry -- today's "Be Supportive, Not Meanies" thread quota has been met for today. Want me to put you down for tomorrow's? Will "In The Arms Of an Angel" work? I'll get it cued up.

Yes, please put me down for tomorrow's. "In the Arms of an Angel" is perfect, but if there is a problem with the song the back ups are "My Heart Will Go On" or "Hero".
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I only mean this half-jokingly but.....

.... some people get fed up seeing the same topics / nonsense / idiots crop up time and time again

.... a lot of people when given perfectly sound advice, say things like 'I don't believe that ( e.g. You should not eat back your cals cos I can SO survive on 500 cals a day) The person who has taken the time to answer them is not thanked but replied to with rubbish like this so they can get a little narky.

.... a lot need their beliefs to be their mantras and their motivation and relish the chance to repeat them as often as possible. They are also reenforcing for themselves as well as answering a question.

.... sometimes with all the chatter on the site from various evangelists (no carb, low carb, any sort of carb, carb, no fat, low fat, high fat, not THOSE fats!!) some people feel they have to hammer their point home with Thor's hammer. So they do.

This is not a fluffy bunny admiration society, it is a primarily a weight-loss site, people here are going to be craving chocolate (or whatever), eating less than they are used to and a lot are hurting from working out. Most are trying to ignore the triggers than sent them down the road of over-eating in the 1st place. Considering all that, it is a wonder there is not wholesale slaughter sometimes :laugh: :sad:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Aren't we all here for the same reason?

No.