Kashi cereal....beware.

Options
12346»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Go Paleo!

Give up peanut butter and beans?? No thanks.

Don't have to give up PB. it is a nut and in Paleo. Although i moved to Almond butter.

I kept legumes in.... minor modification.

I'm not paleo expert by any means, but every other thread say no pb because peanuts are technically a legume and not a nut. I don't like almond butter and I eat beans just about every day. So, not for me.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Go Paleo!

Don't have to give up PB. it is a nut and in Paleo. Although i moved to Almond butter.

I'm not paleo expert by any means, but every other thread say no pb because peanuts are technically a legume and not a nut. I don't like almond butter and I eat beans just about every day. So, not for me.

For me, the key about paleo that i liked was dumping dairy and grains. haven't missed them a bit.

Peace!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    oh well it was on Facebook-so it must be true!

hahaah
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Great.........I eat the Go-Lean Crunch just about everyday as a snack.

OMG, I feed my husband with this thinking it's healthy!!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    wow thanks for sharing this.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I love their Go Lean honey and cinnamon oatmeal.

*I'm so ashamed."
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Go Paleo!

For me, the key about paleo that i liked was dumping dairy and grains. haven't missed them a bit.

Peace!

No cheese? No thanks. I'm with you on the grains (most of the time).
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    This "news" is ten months old. Kashi is in the process of having it's products independently certified as non-GMO.

http://www.kashi.com/ourcommitment
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Great.........I eat the Go-Lean Crunch just about everyday as a snack.

OMG, I feed my husband with this thinking it's healthy!!

it's a kid cereal that isn't fortified...

why would it be "healthy" to begin with? GMO soy is WAY down the list of any nitpicking negatives of the cereal...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Go Paleo!

Peace!

I'd miss those less, but I'm just not into restricting my diet unless there is a need.