What to put on popcorn

Options

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I just bought a bag of skinny pop popcorn at Sams Club. Best popcorn ever..You can also get it in the individual bags 100 calories at Costco. I hear some of the WalMarts carry it to..And Walgreens.

This is great for someone who likes kettle corn .... very slightly sweet 3 1/4 Cups for 120 calories

Angies Boom Chicka Pop ....yum
    http://angiespopcorn.com/project/boomchickapop-lightly-sweet/
  • shelbielmiller
    shelbielmiller Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If I'm in the mood for spicy, I top it with Valentina hot sauce.

If I'm in the mood for sweet, I throw in some Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy-free!).

I love me some popcorn!
  • MsWallwoman
    Options
    I like coconut oil and pepper. Mmmm :love:
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options

i NEVER thought to use coconut oil on popcorn. does it coat it like butter would to make salt stick??
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I pop mine in either olive oil or coconut oil and sprinkle red curry powder on it. So yummy!

do you pop it stove top or microwave? how much coconut oil would you use?
  • aschmidt48
    aschmidt48 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1 tsp pure maple syrup and a little salt...Yummy!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    chipoltle Tabasco sauce
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I know this might sound awful but my husband and I eat it with jalapenos we are spicy food junkies

I do this too!! YUM.
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump---lots of helpful ideas
  • ReneeReiser
    ReneeReiser Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Frank's red hot sauce & ranch seasoning. I like Kernel Season's popcorn flavor in ranch.
  • Sandm2612
    Sandm2612 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try nutritional yeast! It is nutty and cheesy tasting and packed with all sorts of good for you yumminess.
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    A spritz of coconut oil and sea salt
    Parmesan cheese and garlic powder
    Cinnamon
  • donnace7
    donnace7 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump- great ideas!!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    Dr oz says put 1/4 to 1/2 cup popcorn kernels in paper bag and fold over. Put in microwave. Comes out perfect. Then just add Texas Pete Hot Sauce on top. This is the only way I eat popcorn now, don't even need salt, delicious.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    you can make plain microwave pop corn by puttin it in a brown paper lunch bag 2/3 cups plain kernels fold twice on the top and fold side down put in micro for 1:30 - 2 mins ...till popping slows....no fat ...salt or anything and no crazy 1980's airpopper lol

we use spray butter ...i cannot believe its not butter spray sometimes

:) My husband taught me this. His dad used to do it when he and his brothers were kids.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I could never figure out how to get the seasonings to stick without butter or oil and the calories in PAM are outrageous! Now I spray it with lemon juice to get the seasonings to stick. I love it!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Have to keep these ideas for another day. Love popcorn!
  • vlland
    vlland Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use smartpop kettlecorn - spritz with '"I cant believe its not butter" spray and then sprinkle with :

-store bought popcorn seasoning
    -sugar free jello (I like cherry)
    -or homemade barbeque sprinkles (3 3/4tsp smoked paprika, 3 1/2tsp garlic powder, 2 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar (I use splenda brown sugar blend so I use only 1 1/4 tablespoons) and a little salt.