I am annoyed with the anti-lady-muscle posts.

Options

Replies

• sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    freakin love this post!
  • anarod0513
    anarod0513 Posts: 119
    Options
    I agree, it's annoying when you are strength training and people say, "Why do you want muscles?" or just stupid statements. It gets old after a while. -.-
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I deadlift twice my body weight and I definitely don't have "boy muscles."

Woman - picking up and putting down weights will not turn you into a SHE-MAN!

To each her own...you are in much better health than me, and that's to be commended. But your muscles are pretty masculine. The high jumper pic, which fit and muscular, is more what I ascribe to be one day...still soft and womanly, but strong and fit.

lol@calling her masculine...she is far from it..she looks great. most people cant come close to her dedication.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    jaime-pressly-5.jpg

jaime-pressly-post-baby-workout.jpg
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

To each her own...you are in much better health than me, and that's to be commended. But your muscles are pretty masculine. The high jumper pic, which fit and muscular, is more what I ascribe to be one day...still soft and womanly, but strong and fit.

Masculine? You've got to be kidding
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    So stop it. Thanks.

So because you have a preference for your body to be one way, no one is allowed to express their preference for something else?
    There's a difference between expressing a preference for something else like an adult, and saying "Eww, that's gross/ugly/ you looka lika man."

Well, I can say, I have not seen posts that say that, but agree that is obnoxious if it's happening. The posts I've seen have been more to the, "Not the look I'm going for," type replies.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    SMH...Isn't it ironic there are anti-lady-muscle posters hatin on the anti-anti-lady-muscle post? (Say that 5 times fast, whydontcha)
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    234786.jpg
    This is what I dream about looking like.
    Me too!

I :heart: Rae6503! LOL! I too am tired of seeing all the anti-muscle threads. Wish there were more of these!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    MORE MUSCLES... MORE!!!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    This is my body image ideal:
    6210-1.jpg

Go ahead and tell me she looks "masculine"...
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    soccer moms with muscles are so much hotter to me these days then skinny college girls. all thanks to this site.

Well that just made my day!!!! :wink: (yes, I know that you were not talk about me directly, but I will take a compliment any way that I can get!! haha)

TinkrBelz, in the most non-stalker way possible, you were who popped into my head when I read his comment! Your muscles are not masculine in the least. You have a body that makes the rest of us jealous!
  • Rae6503
    Options
    brittany_daniel-4.jpg

brittany-daniel-picture-2.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    234786.jpg

I think I have my first girl crush - that *kitten* is effing amazing
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Wow this is one of the rudest thing I ever saw here.

How about you post a pic of yourself so we can critic you?
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

I disagree that her muscles are masculine, I think they are awesome!

And the high jumper pic, I don't think I could call that soft at all. When I hear the word soft, I think doughy. Every bit of her is strong muscle!
  • Rae6503
    Options
    soccer moms with muscles are so much hotter to me these days then skinny college girls. all thanks to this site.

Well that just made my day!!!! :wink: (yes, I know that you were not talk about me directly, but I will take a compliment any way that I can get!! haha)

Whatever *****. He's talking about me.

Totally kidding. My kids don't play soccer yet.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Here's a newsflash - I'm annoyed by pro-lady muscle posts, since I don't like muscles on ladies. However, I do not complain about it because everyone is entitled to personal taste. So stop complaining.

Is it me - or is this post highly ironic?
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    Who ever said muscles are just for men. Honestly I think women look better and rock them better!
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options

lol@calling her masculine...she is far from it..she looks great. most people cant come close to her dedication.

As I said, it's a personal opinion. I wish I had that kind of dedication, but if I did, that's not the look I'm going for. My personal body-inspirations are Christina Hendricks and Kate Winslet. Bottom line is if you think you look great, then you are succeeding. Other people's opinions of your body type don't matter.
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    A-freaking-men!!