I am annoyed with the anti-lady-muscle posts.

Options

Replies

• IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I deadlift twice my body weight and I definitely don't have "boy muscles."

Woman - picking up and putting down weights will not turn you into a SHE-MAN!

To each her own...you are in much better health than me, and that's to be commended. But your muscles are pretty masculine. The high jumper pic, which fit and muscular, is more what I ascribe to be one day...still soft and womanly, but strong and fit.

Wow this is one of the rudest thing I ever saw here.

How about you post a pic of yourself so we can critic you?

What is so rude? I commended her for the dedication she gives to her health and admitted that she is in far better health than I am.

Dude, you said she looks masculine. That's pretty effing rude.

Ok normally I don't give 2 sh!ts but the girls first comment was that muscles won't turn you into a she-man, so then the other poster comes back and gives her COMPLIMENTS but also states that her MUSCLES not HER look masculine. she is answering to the first quote and it's her opinion, whether you like it or not she is allowed to have it. AGAIN she said her MUSCLES were masculine not her face or anything else and again she was answering to the SHE-MAN comment. Sheesh and she even compliments her, how else would you have her say it? Probably not at all I am guessing............it's obvious she was dead in the water the second she touched the enter button.

So by your rational if I said your fat makes you look like an elephant that would be ok? Its not your face that makes you look like one, but your fat that does it. So it must be ok right?
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    So stop it. Thanks.

Though I am not against lady-muscles ---

WELCOME TO A PUBLIC FORUM!!
    People here on da internets have different opinions & not everybody finds it attractive. What a beautiful world we live in to have & share different ideas. Different strokes right?

Can you really be upset at a man that doesn't find your ripped up back sexy? Sure.. you're here too :) Like it or not he's still entitled to his opinion!
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend commented on my back muscles while we were busy in bed. While I'm proud in other situations, that one was a bit of a mood killer.

see, that's your problem right there - you should have been on top. that way he'd have something different to comment about. No need to thank me for the advice :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I said it once, so I'll say it again. This is my call to arms "I want YOU to up your game"

challenge.jpg

but if that's not enough, here are my manly muscles (the guys tremble at the site of me, I'm so bulky):

Florida236-1.jpg
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    that's why I eats me spinach! :wink:
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I love my hot muscular friends!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend commented on my back muscles while we were busy in bed. While I'm proud in other situations, that one was a bit of a mood killer.

see, that's your problem right there - you should have been on top. that way he'd have something different to comment about. No need to thank me for the advice :)

What if you are on top and backwards?
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    fitness1.jpg

uhm can i look like this please?!

Looking at that pic I thought it was you. You guys have the same hair. Oh yeah and she looks great. I love fit woman.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    "Women are meant to be soft!"

This one annoys me the most. Why can't we redefine what women are "meant" to look like? Why do we have to appear weak? We can go to college now, have jobs, pay bills, but we can't be strong? We can't open our own jars of pickles, or pick up 50lb 6 year olds, swing 20lb sledge hammers as a seismic source, load full coolers into trucks, or fill out the *kitten* in a pair of work trousers?

I have no clue why, but even after months of lifting I can not open a jar... What lifts can I do to be able to independently open a damn jar? Lol I feel ridiculous because half the time I closed it and I still can't open it!

You'll have to get those rock climber finger/hand trainer things... :P

Or knock a dent into the cap with the dull side of a knife to break the air tight seal. Then you can open it right up. Did that when I had no muscles and no strength all the time. Things are much better now, but I can still open a jar of pickles. One of my strongest assets. :happy:

I also find that if I take that thing that pops a hole in the top of the can (I don't know what it's called, LOL, but it usually also has a bottle opener on the other end) and nudge it under the rim of the lid in a couple of places where it pulls away from the jar a tiny bit, that gives some air inside to allow you to open it.
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    soccer moms with muscles are so much hotter to me these days then skinny college girls. all thanks to this site.
    . Love this! ;)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I said it once, so I'll say it again. This is my call to arms "I want YOU to up your game"

challenge.jpg

I :heart: your outfit! :happy:
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    So stop it. Thanks.

People here on da internets have different opinions & not everybody finds it attractive. What a beautiful world we live in to have & share different ideas. Different strokes right?

Can you really be upset at a man that doesn't find your ripped up back sexy? Sure.. you're here too :) Like it or not he's still entitled to his opinion!

No, but see we're not allowed to have a different opinion in a thread specifically about lady muscles. Or something...
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options

prrrrrrrrrfect!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options

This one annoys me the most. Why can't we redefine what women are "meant" to look like? Why do we have to appear weak? We can go to college now, have jobs, pay bills, but we can't be strong? We can't open our own jars of pickles, or pick up 50lb 6 year olds, swing 20lb sledge hammers as a seismic source, load full coolers into trucks, or fill out the *kitten* in a pair of work trousers?

I'm soft and I assure you that I'm nobody's ideal body....actually, heading to the gym right now to LIFT HEAVY .

Ladies with muscles, you are my inspiration!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    So stop it. Thanks.

The is a public forum, hence why I'm allowed to post that I am annoyed and to ask those who are annoying me to stop it. They obviously don't have to....

My man does find my muscular back sexy.
  • Krissi72
    Krissi72 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I told my husband I was upping my weight in my Body Pump class. He said just make sure you don't look like a dude whe you come home. Thanks for the support, darling! JERK!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    So by your rational if I said your fat makes you look like an elephant that would be ok? Its not your face that makes you look like one, but your fat that does it. So it must be ok right?

And this is why saying "Oh it's just my opinion!" is not a shield from criticism. I'm sure you ladies hate hearing what was said above, you should. But now you know how it feels when you call girls who lift "men" (or manly or masculine or however you're trying to mask it).
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    In a more positive, less argumentative light...

I really really want more muscles. I've fallen in love with lifting and the positive changes I've experienced because of it. As crazy as it sounds, I'm even starting to like what I see in the mirror. I'm starting to feel attractive for the first time in my adult life. And I still have 60 lbs to lose before I'm at a "healthy" BMI.

I think women with muscles are beautiful and I'm working on makin' some muscles of my own.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I have no clue why, but even after months of lifting I can not open a jar... What lifts can I do to be able to independently open a damn jar? Lol I feel ridiculous because half the time I closed it and I still can't open it!

You'll have to get those rock climber finger/hand trainer things... :P

Or knock a dent into the cap with the dull side of a knife to break the air tight seal. Then you can open it right up. Did that when I had no muscles and no strength all the time. Things are much better now, but I can still open a jar of pickles. One of my strongest assets. :happy:

I also find that if I take that thing that pops a hole in the top of the can (I don't know what it's called, LOL, but it usually also has a bottle opener on the other end) and nudge it under the rim of the lid in a couple of places where it pulls away from the jar a tiny bit, that gives some air inside to allow you to open it.

THIS...is the same mentality I try to instill in the guys that work for me...

Work SMART, not HARD!!

At the gym on the other hand...yeah =D.
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options

lol, reverse cowgirl? somehow i doubt it ... though you are technically correct, props to you.