THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ WEEK 20!!

Options

Replies

• indianagranny
    Options
    HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL YOUR HUSBAND'S AND TO ALL THE DADS ON MFP

Lorann - Congratulations to the family on the weight losses. That is awesome. As far as the part of the boobs being the first to go - can't answer that. I have dropped from a 46dd to a 38dd in that area.

CrazybeeRX - Good morning - have a great time with your dad.

Well I finally figured out I have been a sleep on that one post for two and a half hours. Sorry girls. I had been up about 27 hours straight. I am not going back and try to log yesterday's food. I ate when I needed to last night for the nourishment and to give me strength. It was not always good choices but the only choices I had. That might be an area I try to change next year also. Food choices available for a healthy walker. I am going to do so guessing on today's logging but won't be totallly correct. Just wanted you all to know if you take a look at those areas on my charts. I am not concentrating on a weight loss but enjoying the accomplishments and staying close on calories. Okay I might shut up awhile. Going to do some other logging, posting, and reading on the boards, take a much needed bubble bath and go to bed.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. No more exercising for me today. I have to walk 10 hours tonight at work or do I feel an ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh day coming up for me? haha
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    Wow Indiana ... that is awesome!! Way to go!! I would love to be able to do that ... hopefully one day I will be able to walk in a marathon... you go and get some rest and enjoy the day!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I WALKED A MARATHON - 26 MILES IN TWELVE HOURS AND WALKED 30 MILES IN 13 HOURS AND 28 MINUTES. i HAD ONE FOURTY MINUTE BREAK AND BREAKS ALL NIGHT ADDED UP TO PROBABLY AN HOUR

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :happy: :drinker: :drinker:

WOW WOMAN YOU GO GIRL!! That's totally incredible! You are amazing!!!

And yes, we were all there, cheering you on in spirit, and it made me cry to read that you could feel us cheering you on. You are totally awesome and amazing!!
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Indianagranny. I saw your boob size went down in inches around, not cup size. You didn't lose our boobs you lost inches around your back. Now that is cool! Your cups are still those beautiful DD's
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL YOUR HUSBAND'S AND TO ALL THE DADS ON MFP

Lorann - Congratulations to the family on the weight losses. That is awesome. As far as the part of the boobs being the first to go - can't answer that. I have dropped from a 46dd to a 38dd in that area.

CrazybeeRX - Good morning - have a great time with your dad.

Well I finally figured out I have been a sleep on that one post for two and a half hours. Sorry girls. I had been up about 27 hours straight. I am not going back and try to log yesterday's food. I ate when I needed to last night for the nourishment and to give me strength. It was not always good choices but the only choices I had. That might be an area I try to change next year also. Food choices available for a healthy walker. I am going to do so guessing on today's logging but won't be totallly correct. Just wanted you all to know if you take a look at those areas on my charts. I am not concentrating on a weight loss but enjoying the accomplishments and staying close on calories. Okay I might shut up awhile. Going to do some other logging, posting, and reading on the boards, take a much needed bubble bath and go to bed.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. No more exercising for me today. I have to walk 10 hours tonight at work or do I feel an ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh day coming up for me? haha

That's awesome on the dropping of inches around your boobs. Keep up the good work, your obviously doing something right to go down like that, keep it up! Take it one step at a time.. if your enjoying your accomplishments then that's what matters. I don't look at it as much as losing the weight but more in the calories, and getting healthy. I'm hoping to lose some pounds along the way, but I am enjoying everything...

Keep up the good work hun!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Where can I get one of those no smoking tickers??? I've been smoke free for almost three days now but I want to keep track....

I just did a weigh in.... two pounds.....for a total of three since I started this whole madness almost three weeks ago.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I, too, cried, indianagranny, when I read the part about us cheering you on, and walking arm-in-arm across the Finish Line. Because we truly were there with you, in spirit. And yesterday, I felt your presence often throughout my day.

Funny convo we got going on today, about losing boob weight...
    Same here, but I don't really care. I no longer have a "practical use" for them. Because of the fibromyalgia, I stopped wearing a bra about 3 years ago, so if they disappear completely, that would be totally cool with me...:laugh:
    (I'm shameless, eh? I'll take a weight loss anywhere...and anyway...I can.)

indianagranny...Don't you be reading this until you have a very long nap, a lovely bubblebath, and some good food to eat.
    You're amazing!
    Go and get some rest.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Pawprint- Congrats!!! Im there with ya! Go to smokefreequitmeter.com if you want a ticker like mine for free.

Indiana~ Thank you for doing that walk in memory of all of our loved ones. I thought about you several times yesterday and almost called you on the cell to see how it was going. How are your feet today??? Prop those piggies up here and I'll give them a rub for ya :wink: Take it easy, you deserve it! :flowerforyou:

Lorann-WOOHOO For your whole family!!!! That is amazing!!! The bust shrinks. I lost alot off my chest and it pissed me off because I didnt have much to begin. On the plus side of that tho, Id rather look good in my tank tops and wear and XL than a 2XL and have the smaller chest. Its easier to find clothes on sale.. LOL.. I got 2 cute t-shirts at walmart for $1 the other day.... A whole freaking $1!! LOL

Crazybee- here are a couple tips for eating out. 1.) If you know the restaraunt you are going to, see if they have a website with the nutritional value of the food so you can maybe plan ahead what to order and know how many calories your eating before its too late. 2.) if they have no site with nutritional info then ask for a box when your food comes and box up 1/2 to have to lunch or dinner the next day. If you box up half, you'll be less tempted to keep eating when you are full. I've found that this expecially works for Mexican Food, Italian and other places that have large servings of food and that Fajita's are the cheapest on cals but skip the 4 tortillas that come with it. Also... dont forget your water :drinker: :drinker:

OK.. now for me. I am having a heck of a time with the no smoking this morning. Coffee and cigs have been my thing for a long time. I still have the coffee, but no cig. We have an electric one but I only use it when I am totally going bonkers on withdrawls. Its smokeless and doesnt taste the same so its pretty much "blah" but it does give the nicotine.. just like the patch & the gum (which I cant do) so I use it when I feel Im gonna go batty.

Im off to get in my wog in at the track, then Im going to do a little grocery shopping and get some yardwork done. Just another day at my house.... just like Mothers Day was.. LOL
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I just did a weigh in.... two pounds.....for a total of three since I started this whole madness almost three weeks ago.

thgreenstars.gifthwoot.gif
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    I was trying to set the scene before and fell asleep so now I am going to cut to the serious part.

I WALKED A MARATHON - 26 MILES IN TWELVE HOURS AND WALKED 30 MILES IN 13 HOURS AND 28 MINUTES. i HAD ONE FOURTY MINUTE BREAK AND BREAKS ALL NIGHT ADDED UP TO PROBABLY AN HOUR

The only person to walked more than me in the entire park is a 14 year old kid and he walked and ran 33 miles. The next person was a girl who walked with me for 23 miles. After I found I was closed to a marathon - this was at 24 miles, I pushed myself hard. Several times during the night I pictured you all on the side lines cheering me on and then us all walking arm in arm across the finish line. I could see all your faces so visibly and hear you cheering. I thought of your family members throughout the night.

Theonly thing I would do differently next time is to pace myself during the heat of the day time instead of walking so fast then slowing down when it got cooler and having to add the big push at the end.

Thank you for taking time to read this and cheering me on. I am totally happy with having done this, the results, and the emotions during the race. The results might be better the next one cause I will learn from my mistakes. Again this race was from 4:30 PM sATURDAY TO 6 AM Sunday.

Lisa - way to go.. You did GREAT... as I read your post I got teary eyed..I can't tell you how proud I am of you... You did awsome. and thanks again for caring our family and friends it really did mean alot to all of us.. again Way to Go... maybe next time I can come down and walk with you side by side...

April - only 23 more days til I get to see you!!! and the kids... cant wait... see I am counting down the days...

Li4g - keep up your good work on the non-smoking.. I know you can do it!!!

Welcome to all our new people.... your just going to love our team....

Happy Fathers Day to all the Fathers out there and to all the mothers who have to be the Father as well as the Mother!!!

Today I am cooking bbq ribs for my daddy, hubby and some family members are coming I am making baked potatos broccolli salad brussel sprouts and homemade strawberry shortcake my grandma's recipe... its probable fattening!!! but its good MMMMMMM.... I just have to work out to burn those calories back off... but its worth it...

hubby is off today so it nice to spend time with everyone...

Sheila
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    YAY! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: GO LISA!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: GO LISA!!!!!:smooched:
    I was trying to set the scene before and fell asleep so now I am going to cut to the serious part.

The only person to walked more than me in the entire park is a 14 year old kid and he walked and ran 33 miles. The next person was a girl who walked with me for 23 miles. After I found I was closed to a marathon - this was at 24 miles, I pushed myself hard. Several times during the night I pictured you all on the side lines cheering me on and then us all walking arm in arm across the finish line. I could see all your faces so visibly and hear you cheering. I thought of your family members throughout the night.

Theonly thing I would do differently next time is to pace myself during the heat of the day time instead of walking so fast then slowing down when it got cooler and having to add the big push at the end.

Thank you for taking time to read this and cheering me on. I am totally happy with having done this, the results, and the emotions during the race. The results might be better the next one cause I will learn from my mistakes. Again this race was from 4:30 PM sATURDAY TO 6 AM Sunday.

Lisa, I was thinking about you yesterday, and wondering how things went! WOW, girl, you ROCK! I can't thank you enough for taking my father, and grandfather with you!!! What an inspiration! AND, I hope you are so proud of yourself, because you really should be. What a change in your life in a few months. Don't you love it!?? I am so proud, inspired and honored to know you! Way to go!!!!!
  • pawprint061
    Options

That's awesome. I wish that I had the energy to do that. That would be a great accomplishment to be proud of. Keep up the great work!!
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    Sheila-sound like a fun time to me. I am counting down the days to. I am a little nervous about the road trip but I have to suck it up and be a big girl. lol...

Thanks to the ladies who added me on facebook. My Facebook family is growing.
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    Indianagranma-I just realized what your post said..You actually walked a marathon? OMG I can't believe it. I can barely make my mile and a half a day and here you go 20 something miles...Whoa...You make me feel like I can do this to...HOw long did it take you to be able to accomplish something like that?
  • indianagranny
    Options
    HI TEAM

Lorann - thank you. You too will walk a marathon someday. With this lifestyle journey, we learn to accomplish many things and not just for the joy of doing them but the understanding of what we have gone through to be able to do them.

Adopt4 - thank you. You are so wonderful and amazing. Your faces where there at many times last night. Even when I took a short 5 minute power nap, I could see and hear you ALL saying "REST BUT DON'T GIVE UP - YOU CAN DO THIS"

CraztbeeRX - thanks and I mean it on pointing out that the inches were coming off the back. I never saw it that way before and see what you are saying.

Cyndeebee - Hope your weekend was very enjoyable. thank you for you compliments. You all are the ones who backed me and helped be to see I can do this. No one here understood or even cared about the victory I received by doing this as all you guys do.

Kristi - Oh Kristi I cry when I read your posts. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. You are amazing and wonderful. Thank you for your wishes and congratulations on my victory but thank you most for taking time to beat and I mean beat it through my head that I am worth it. I am overwhelmed by the changes in myself. More emotionally than physically but I AM ENJOYING MY LIFE and would like to hang on to it. Even all the bumps and unfairness I have had lately, I wouldn't trade (well maybe a little of it) Life is not ever going to be a bowl of cherries but I CAN DEAL WITH IT and will deal with it without turning to food and beating myself up everytime. Thank you Kristi for constantly pounding this out on the computor cause I think I FINALLY UNDERSTAND. I am a person and do have emotions too.

Pawprint - thank you for your compliments. This is the only reason I did not keep up with the other aspects of MFP today. I really don't mind logging accurately but am trying to let the body catch up with the reat of me today. I will be back on track totally tomorrow. Even back into the exercising., I hope.

April - thank you. I actually walked 30 miles - a marathon is 26 miles. Back in March before I started MFP if I had been asked to do this I would have said NO NO NO. I would have been laying on couch enjoying air conditioner and eating JUNK food. The most I have ever walked at one time is probably 7 miles on Thursday night before the walk when my emotions were raging with different things I was dealing with but I also walk about 14 miles a night at work

LI4G - I almost texted you girl but was scared it might have been too late. I wanted so much just to have you all that close to me. I knew you would have went on line and posted. Thank you for your compliments The feet and legs are tired but I too can deal with that.

Sheila - thank you I appreciate everything you have done to back me.It was an honor to carry all the names.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Sorry still me. I am just too too talkative. I am going to pm you all through mail this week but I want all your names - signatures on a piece of paper or cloth if you have one. I have a t- shirt we all wore on the walk that I want to put all your names on it. I wished you could just sign the shirt. But I want to do this. I have a sting with red and white beads on it for each lap I completed , the papers with your names that I carried and honored. and a few other things.Anyone needing a stamp pm me your address and I will send a stamp to you. I want everyone's names on this shirt.

Now it is time to go to work and I so DON'T WANT TO PUT MY SHOES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD NIGHT GANG
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Well, I spent the day AWAY from the house. Morgolis and I got into it this morning, both of us on edge and we both just went mental, so I decided to disappear for the day and went to visit a couple friends before I said some things I didnt mean..:angry:

Anyway...Both friends I visited today are smokers, but I took the electric cig with me (just in case) and Im happy to report that it definitely did the job. I really needed to give this a test drive to see if I could handle being around my smoker friends without smoking. Stupid I know, but I really do like my friends even if they are still smokers and dont want to avoid hanging with them occasionally just because I dont smoke anymore.

The cool part is..... I didnt even crave a cigarette the whole time I was there, even tho they stepped outside and I stood there with them while they were smoking like chimneys. I had no "cravings", no "jonesing" so I am pretty pleased that I made it through and that was a very big deal to me. Bumming one off them or stopping at the store on my way home for a pack didnt even cross my mind!!! SO...At least I know I can get through this without going completely insane...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The patch makes me hurl and even regular gum kills my TMJ, so Im reaaaaaaaaally happy that this is working. I can ween myself off of this slowly to where Im using the no nocotine filter cartridges, just like people who use the patch and gum slowly decrease what they take in, so its awesome! Finally an option for people like me! :glasses:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    LI4G - I almost texted you girl but was scared it might have been too late. I wanted so much just to have you all that close to me. I knew you would have went on line and posted. Thank you for your compliments The feet and legs are tired but I too can deal with that.

Your 2 hours ahead of me and I very rarely go to bed before 12am my time.

Dont sent me text messages tho cuz it isnt included in my plan and costs alot. I do get email on my phone so you can send me an email to cjsimageshop@gmail.com and I'll get it like a text but it wont cost me anything. I also have something called Palringo on my iphone, so if you use a messenger like AIM or MSN or Yahoo, I can chat via my phone using those. I have different screen names for each one tho so if you wanna use those, lemme know which one and I'll push ya the screen name.

Man... I sounds like such a geek...:laugh: :laugh:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    losingit, I'm so proud of you for not smoking! Keep going girl! You can do it!

I had started this post saying how glad I am to have a computer that doesn't crash or lose internet connectivity all the time, hubby finally got the problem fixed apparently... and then my internet went down. LOL. So I can no longer say it's all fixed, we still have a problem. OH well. At least my computer stopped freezing/crashing... that's a bonus.

My hubby was cranky today too and I took a nice long afternoon nap just to have some time to myself. Boys were just nuts today, so that didn't help that they kept picking on each other either. But ah, two are in bed and one's been given his medication that will shortly knock him out... whew.

Stayed under maintenance cals today (although I have my food journal set to lose .5 per week so it shows over for that) but I'm munchy hungry. Had a good dinner so I shouldn't be hungry. Just realized, I didn't have salad with dinner... wonder if that's my key to feeling fuller longer? Will have to check on that... hmmmm

It's been a week now I think since I changed a medication that may have been interfering with me losing weight, and a few days since I stopped "trying" to lose weight... I"m very curious what the scale will do tomorrow. I'm under sodium for a change (whoo-hoo!) and have gotten all my water in.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I ate way too much when I took my daddy to lunch. I couldn't eat dinner cause I used up all my calories. I didn't eat breakfast either but used up calories on the dang coffee cream i use. Going to bed hungry tonight. I feel like a naughty child who got sent to bed with out dinner :sad: hopefully tomorrow will be better. Was raining really hard tonight and my kids were over visiting so i didn't walk tonight. The kids cooked their dad and his girlfriend dinner at my house today so when their dad and the girl friend left, the kid stayed and visited with me when I got home from seeing my dad. Hard to want to do any exercising with them around.

Hope everyone had a great day.

I'm proud of the new non smokers keep up the good work!!

Goodnight