Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ WEEK 20!!

Replies

• Hi, I'm Celia. Looking to join a team.
    I've been here for a little while, just trying to lose some weight.
    CW: 142.2
    SW: 145.6
    GW: 140
    UGW: 125
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Welcome Jaime & Best of luck to you with your journey!

Today, (aside from utilizing my interior decorating skills) I went and got my wogging done at the track. I took it slow and did 1.5 miles in 19 minutes. Could have gone faster, but decided I wasnt in the mood. So, total today was 2 miles with 1/4 mile done before for warmup then did stretching and 1/4 mile done afterwards then more stretching. I couldnt believe how much I used my abs today. I felt them for a good hour afterwards, so I must have been working those muscles good when I was running.

Just finished dinner and now I feel like I need to go do more exercise.. LOL.. Im in my calories, but I am just so full. :sick: Im gonna go dig hubbys bike out of the garage and go for a ride.

Later gaters!
  • I was trying to set the scene before and fell asleep so now I am going to cut to the serious part.

I WALKED A MARATHON - 26 MILES IN TWELVE HOURS AND WALKED 30 MILES IN 13 HOURS AND 28 MINUTES. i HAD ONE FOURTY MINUTE BREAK AND BREAKS ALL NIGHT ADDED UP TO PROBABLY AN HOUR

The only person to walked more than me in the entire park is a 14 year old kid and he walked and ran 33 miles. The next person was a girl who walked with me for 23 miles. After I found I was closed to a marathon - this was at 24 miles, I pushed myself hard. Several times during the night I pictured you all on the side lines cheering me on and then us all walking arm in arm across the finish line. I could see all your faces so visibly and hear you cheering. I thought of your family members throughout the night.

Theonly thing I would do differently next time is to pace myself during the heat of the day time instead of walking so fast then slowing down when it got cooler and having to add the big push at the end.

Thank you for taking time to read this and cheering me on. I am totally happy with having done this, the results, and the emotions during the race. The results might be better the next one cause I will learn from my mistakes. Again this race was from 4:30 PM sATURDAY TO 6 AM Sunday.

IG - Wahooooo! You did awesome. We are so proud of you.

Welcome to the newbies :drinker: I am 40 yrs old, married with two grown stepdaughters and a 3 yr old sweetheart. I am staying home with her and running a home daycare. I have lost weight before but enjoy it this time because of my family and the MFP girls. I wouldn't be here without them! It's so interesting to read the posts every day. Enjoy this journey with us.

As for me: Went to the gym tonight becasue I was off for the weekend. Burned 400 calories even though I wasn't in the mood. Tomorrow will be better.

My big news is my parents just bought a house 30 minutes away from us (instead of 6 hours). This was a quick decision and I am so excited they want to be closer to us. Grandma wants to spoil the kid I guess. We had a great father's day with them and I behaved myself. Mom wants to lose 10 lbs by the end of summer and is asking for my advice. (Guess she likes the results I'm getting). I wish she would learn to use the computer and she could join us here too. :ohwell:

Night all.:yawn:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Ugh, not having a good day. Went to the gym but even stretching was too painful, so I knew I was out of joint, so rescheduled that to Thurs and went to the chiro. I swear he made it worse. Took a nice long nap this afternoon hoping things would relax and feel better - nope. Now I"m awake when I should be asleep!

Staying within cals, and way under on sodium. Not quite sure how I do that some days! I have a couple hundred calories I "could" eat but don't feel like it, yay.

Trying to figure out what to do with my little monsters... uh, munchkins tomorrow. Hope it's a nice day so I can find a park and let them run off some of their energy... man it's like they're going to explode, oh, for those new to the group I have 3 little boys - aged 6,6 & 3 - not twins, they were born on different continents. Have had one six yr old and the 3 yr old home for about 9 mos now. School got out a few days ago so the boys are going CRAZY. Trying to figure out a way to exercise them and me at the same time without hurting myself... I'm thinking we'll have to descend upon losingit's house tomorrow (shh, don't tell her or she might make sure she's not home!)... will torture my youngest with the kittens some more, LOL. Hoping to make it to water aerobics either morning or afternoon, that I will feel able to move and get a little exercise in at least and loosen up my hips. Chiro is closed so will go back on Wed to see him.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    adopt4...Hoping you feel better today. I'm thinking that running around after 3 energetic boys is definitely burning calories.

Welcome, newbies. Best of luck to you on your journey.

Lisa...How are you feeling today? Fully recovered, I hope. I can't get over your determination and stamina. Wow, woman! You're such an inspiration to me.

This is my ONE day this week when I have to meet a "commitment." An appointment, and then I've got nothing scheduled until next week. Already, the weather is gorgeous, so I'm thinking I'll take a nice, long walk. I'm such a whiner in the winter months...Must take advantage of every ray of sunshine when I can.

I'm excited about school getting out this week. I love having my daughter home with me. Sounds like she's got plenty of plans, though. Last summer, she was constantly on the go. Already, she's planning a trip to visit her grown-up siblings. Strange situation...Since I adopted her, my son is her brother. But since her birth mother is my sister, my niece and nephews are also her siblings. My son and my niece share an apartment in London...so when she goes to visit her brother (my son), she is also visiting her sister (my niece). Did you get all that???
    :laugh:

I'm working on our family history book. We've got it back to the late 1600s...And in a lot of cases, I see that 2 sisters from one family married 2 brothers from another family. Gets confusing, because the names "Moscrip" and "Bailey" keep switching back and forth...
    So I guess this brother/cousin stuff isn't new to my family...

Hoping you all have a glorious day...:happy:
  • Hey team, I had to log it today, I lost another pound already... I think I am on the right track. I even had my cheat day... I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. We are extremely hot here in NC.. I hope it is hot when I go to Michigan. Off to work I go to clean a house.. Have a great day everyone...

Where is my ticker???
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Welcome to the Newbies!! :flowerforyou: A little about myself ... My names Lori and I'm 39, married almost 22 yrs, I have 4 children ages 21/g, 19/g, 16/b & 14/b ... My lifestyle change started in May with a Biggest Loser contest at work... so that was my inspiration to start, now I'm doing it or myself and not the contest. Also it's helping the rest of the family to get healthy as well :smile:

Adopt - I can almost feel your pain just from reading your posts... sorry your hurting ... I hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou:

cyndee - I think it's a little to early in the morning to understand that post :laugh: will re-read it later when my brain is fully functional! :laugh:

nitag - Happy you have some people to walk with ... I've been trying to get others to walk with me with no luck, so I've just been walking on the treadmill ... I hate walking out of the house without anyone with me.

kristi - The Biggest Loser contest at my work is not done until July 10th ... but after I found out how they will calculate the winner I said well I have no chance so this is just for me now ... and if by some unbelievable chance that I actually win... well that will be great too :laugh: Good luck with yours!

lulubar - I know what you mean with the posts ... it's really hard to keep up at times ... and then to try and reply after you've been away for a day... have to open two windows to try and catch up :laugh: and yes wayward panties ... not comfy :laugh:

LI4G - Congrats on the NON-smoking ... keep it up!! You can do it!! And don't forget to take pics of that room! :laugh:

April - congrats on another pound!! WTG!

Ok that's it for now ... I have to get to work .. you all have a great day!!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Morning All...
    LI4G that is so funny... Please put up pictures...

Everyone else hello...

So last night was supposed to be an uneventful night right.. My niece went into labor so we have a new baby in the family.. Jameison Kenneth - 9 lbs 8 ozs 21 inc long.. I've only seen one picture but can't wait to see more.. He is a big guy.... So needless to say it messed up the walking, my sister and other niece decided to wait at the hospital and I didn't... Night was all messed up... Instead I came home and pulled weeds.. Tumbleweeds to be exact.. We can't seem to kill the things...

I am off to work.. Talk to ya all later..
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Morning gang! How are you all. I am heading for work in a few - that last audit is today. YAY!!!!!!! Then, perhaps I can get life back to normal for a minute. Whatever that is. Nita, congrats on the new addition. Been quite a year for your family.

Cyndi I just wanted to say I am so proud of you for giving up smoking. I know that can be such a trigger, so its a brave thing to do right now! You really rock, you just stick to the program, and even when things aren't just how you want them, you stay positive, or you come here and vent, and get positive again. Love that about you!

Kelli, What are you going through these days, girl? One thing I know about you, you WILL get to the bottom of it, and figure it out and then use that knowledge to move you forward. Thats how you roll. And, even in the midst of kid craziness and personal pain, you have time to drop me a PM to check up on me and see how I am doing. Can't thank you enough.

Lisa, how are you today my friend. I've been thinking of you a lot - your life change is so inspiring. Its an outside and inside thing, which is so very cool.

Lori, you are a welcome addition to THE Team. Your enthusiasm is contagious! Thanks so much for joining us and sharing that energy. We needed it!

Cyndeebee, how are things? How was the long walk? Don't be overdoing it!

Sheila, its nice to hear you sound more relaxed and happy. Sometimes, life clicks along, and when it does, lets enjoy it! There is bound to be something else around the corner!

Healthymom - cool about your parents. I love having my parents close. They are both quite healthy and very sharp. Keep me on my toes!

Prayerfulmom - I've said it before, but I love your posts! Your goals, attitude and accomplishments in the face of serious health complications!!! Thanks for sharing yourself so freely!

Go april! way to lose those pounds! Enjoy!! I love the weeks when I am really in the groove and everything works.

lulu, just one thing - LOVE LULU!!! Thanks for being such a great friend! And, one question - where is that slipper? I am just wanting to know, so I know when I need to duck!

Well, I am running out of time and need to get going. See everyone later!

Almost forgot - welcome new folks!! Celia, Crazy, and Jamie! Did I miss anyone. If so, forgive me, its good to be here with you all! Take care.
    :happy: Kristi
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Good Morning all,

I think that my addiction to my laptop and being online is helping me with trying to lose weight. I know it's only been 3 days but I am paying more attention to what I put in my mouth. I did mess up yesterday when I went to work we had a rep there and they brought in donuts and as usual I grabbed one and ate it then was mad at myself. But then I came home for lunch I logged it and planned my lunch around that extra calorie intake. I stayed under calories yesterday. I was exhausted and went to bed at 8:30 so no walk for me lat night. Maybe tonight. The scale say I've lost 7lbs so far but I know it is water weight and won't be that good come weigh in day so not getting my hopes up.

Adopt: sorry about your pain. The chiro does seem to make you feel worse at first because he is moving stuff around and releasing things off your nerves. Sometimes the adjustment goes right back and that aggrivates things, but if you stick to 2 or 3 sessions the adjustment stays where it is supposed to be and the pain lifts. It generally takes me 3 maybe 4 visits in the same week then suddenly the pain is gone. I hope you feel better fast. I know how hard it is to run after kids when you can barely walk.

LI4G I really hope your daughter is the one who TP'd your house or she is going to feel punished for something she didn't do LOL. I know how you are and how evil you can think I can only imagine how bad that room is!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    just wanted to thank everyone again. I just celebrated my 4 months here on MFP. In that time, I've lost nearly 80 lbs. You guys have been a lifesaver for me. Thanks! I blogged about it recently. But your help has been really wonderful! Thanks.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    great job Kristi. I will be so happy if I meet half of my goal. You've done a great job. If I loe what you're already lost I'd meet my goal. I hope I have the sticktoitofness to make it! I have a habit of getting discouraged and just give up. Keep up the great work.

My name is Debbie by the way. I'm not totally crazy anymore LOL
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Welcome to Jaime , Crazybee and Billielover.  Great group here that you've joined.  

Cyndee- I use to worry about when my daughter would rebel.  So far she is 18 1/2 and the only thing she's done that I've disagreed with is a tattoo.  As my husband says if that is the worst thing that came out of her teens we are blessed!  Very cool on the window display.
    lol on the family thing.  I have one of those complicated things too.  My brother was adopted by my grandparents and I by my step mother.  Now that we are reunited its confusing for the other family members.  My grandmother is my brother's mother=).  I adore geneology.  I tend to work on it when the weather is rainy so not so much right now.  

L4G- there must have been some calorie expendeture for the interior decorating=)  Excellent on keeping up the wogging.  Nicely done.  Did you go for a ride?

HM-great job for pushing through the workout and on the fuel control.  Nice on the family move.

Adopt4-funny how when we don't obsess we can fall right in line with were we should be calorie wise.  Hope you feel better today and the little one's get to expend that energy=)

April-Keep plugging away.  Good work.

Lorann-I love your BL challenge attitude.  Its all about you=)

Anita-very good to hear some happy news for the family after the difficulty its gone through.  

Kristi- so good to see you back.  I hope we get to celebrate a great goal this week with you.  Looking forward to your excitement and celebration for your 100lb loss!

Busy busy weekend for me.  I got in a 31 mile bike ride on Saturday.  Sunday lots of walking at a NASCAR race.  Monday I was purely exhausted.  I did deep clean the house and did and upper body strength training session.  Today before work I got in a short run, leg strength training, and bicycle commute to work.
    Don't know if I mentioned the conflicting info from the gentleman that interpreted my Resting Metobolic Rate and the dietician.  The RMR guy wants me to up my calories to 2000.  Says that if I layed in bed all day that is what I'd need to survive.  Then because of the major amount of exercise I do he says I'm in starvation mode.  He wanted me to talk to the dietician because of my kidney disease.  I talked to her Friday and she said my calories should be fine but I need to eat earlier.  So now I'm confused again.  I think what I'll do is shoot for 1700-1800 calories.  I'll eat dinner before I leave work.  When dinner is ready I'll have a piece of fruit with the family as they eat dinner (I do need to replenish my glycogen stores from the ride home).  

W
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Morning, all. Shower seems to have helped me loosen up a bit, so will see how today goes. I made a mistake with breakfast - not calorie wise, but taste wise! Cinnamon raisin bagel, put on spinach artichoke cream cheese - didn't realize it was heavy in garlic, was trying to be good - bleh! I'm not a garlic in the morning type of person! LOL To make things worse I was also drinking a strawberry banana smoothie! blech!

Sunny day today, hurray! Going to take the boys to losingit's house and let them run off steam in her big yard. We can sit out there on her deck and play dice or cards and the boys have room to run - kind of like horses, need to let them out of the corral now and then, LOL.

I have officially lost a pound by eating maintenance. WTH??? I swear my body is screwing with my mind!

Oh, and for you newbies, my name is Kelli. I have to keep a running list of first names and screen names.

Check out my pictures, guys, I posted pictures of the day I met our first son (he was six weeks old). Look at the size of my hand and the size of him... and no, I'm not an Amazon woman, he was just over a pound and a half at that time. And now, he's my LOUD 6 yr old, 3% for weight (first time he's hit the charts at all) and 10% for height.... Hard to believe my baby is growing up so fast!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    good morning team,

well I have to go from more stinking Tests.. The nuro Dr. wants me to have a damn MRI and an EEG so that sucks butt...

I have been feeling a little under the weather but trying to push past it..

I was trying to weed wack the yard but the house is so damn big and it is so damn hot I had to take a break!!! i have been out there for 1 hour and I only got around half of the house... that sucks.. I am pooped... so i came into my mothers to cool off in the air.. then I am going back out..

li4g - that is so funny make sure you take pic's I cant wait to see them!!!

lisa - I sent you a pm hope you got it..

Kristi - congrats on all you have done... Keep up the GREAT work..

I will chat more later feeling a little shackie so i am going to go relax

Sheila
  • brali01
    brali01 Posts: 6
    Hello Everyone my names Brook and I just wanted to say hello and join your thread. I have lost 11 pounds on my own and I am looking to stay motivated so I joined the website. Feel free to stop by and say hello whenever. Good day and thank you for letting me join your thread.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Wow gang!!! Newbies abound!!! Welcome all ~ you've joined a great bunch of losers!!!:laugh:

I'll catch up on posts later ~ I'm off to a busy afternoon and night so just checking in. Today is my 49th birthday!!:bigsmile: Off to have some fun~ later gaters:heart:
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Today is my 49th birthday!!:bigsmile: Off to have some fun~ later gaters:heart:

Happy Birthday Lulu!!!!!

Welcome to the newbies.

A4- yuck! making you think maybe you were eating too few calories? kind of like what they told me that my body was in starvation mode. makes one think.

Sheila- sounds like your blood sugar might be low. take care of yourself missy. I know your tired of the tests. I went through the ringer doing most of the tests you have to find out I probably fainted from dehydration. ekg, eeg, echos, 30 day halter monitor, neurologist, cardiologist, fighting dmv to keep my license. All to show I was in pretty good health in those areas. You'll have a clear mind about your health after all this.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Happy Birthday, Lulu!
    Must say...You look fabulous!

Thank you, adopt4, for posting that picture of your young'un. Reminds me of my son, when he was born. About 6 weeks early, and his lungs and stomach weren't fully developed.
    But now...He's about 5'9", over 200 pounds, and he's Security at the (government) liquor store. Children really are a marvel of reilience, aren't they?

Welcome newbies...in case I missed you.

Wishing you good results, Sheila, on all of your upcoming tests. What prayerfulmom said is true...Tests are a pain, but when you get good results, you'll have peace of mind for quite awhile.
    I just came back from "Bone Density" so that's it for me...for a few weeks.
    I'll still have to go to my family doctor for results, but it's nice to get them over with.

Think I'll go have a bagel for afternoon snack...but I'll hold the artichoke garlic spread...:noway:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Okay, popping back in.... check out my son's new music on:
    http://www.myspace.com/learntoloveit

He's the singer and writes the songs ~

These are a couple of pics of him in concert - there's also a pic of him and my daughter in my profile -

sdfsdfsdfs.jpg
    Austincolor.jpg

He's my cutie-patootie rock star:glasses:
This discussion has been closed.