Honest body opinions (add your own pic too)

Options

Replies

• kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Love the opinions. I want some!

Love how toned your stomach is! I think you look fantastic - not sure what else to tell you!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    ok, here's me

120423-123503.jpg

i kinda know what i need to do. i need to keep lifting and lifting heavy. it doesn't really show in this picture (i was having a good abs and muscles day) but i do have love handles and am trying to get rid of them.

right now i'm in the middle of race season, so i'm doing way more cardio then i should be. soon i'll be doing less and lifting more. i only lift two times a week, and i do one run, one bike, and one swim a week. my squats and dead lifts have definitively improved my running and biking, and my kettle bell work outs have really made my swimming top notch.

the only other thing i want is to have my chest bigger. but that takes time.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    8.jpg

Trying to tone up inner thighs and sides.

Looks good to me.

Yep!
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    I'm going to address a few people's comments here for hopefully the last time.
    1) I do have some definition in my arms, although I know it's not much. The way my arm is posed in the picture makes it difficult to see. No matter what I do my body has a hard time gaining muscle. It's always been a struggle for me.
    2) My boyfriend is very into fitness and nutrition and he told me that I should be eating 1500-1600 calories a day. Even with eating this much I'm not really losing anything. I tend to only lose weight when I eat 1200 or less. But he makes sure I get as close to 1500 as I can.
    3) Yes I am technically underweight according to BMIs but my body structure is pretty small. So any extra weight that I have shows very easily. BMIs are bull**** anyways.
    4) I say my goal weight is 110 or lower because when I was 110 a couple years ago I still had that little bit of jiggle that I hate. Maybe I'm just picky but I'd rather be comfortable with my body. Another point here I used to be 110. That is not too small for me. That is my natural body weight (110-113). I have gained some weight in the past couple years that I don't like.
    5) Those kind of tumblr girls who complain that they're fat when they're skinny are NOT the ones I'm talking about. The girls who are my inspiration are into eating clean, lifting weights, and promote overall healthy lifestyles.

I know I said to add your opinions about me, but some of your assumptions are very uncalled for. All I wanted to know is what to improve. Not know about how you think I look gross.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    This is from today. For some reasons, the lighting and the bathroom mirror make my abs look very defined.

sxkbhv.png
    Oh my awesome Lord. I ache to look this way with that tummy! I have stretch marks though so I am not sure if I can tone it that way or need a tummy tuck :/

I have stretch marks on my belly from my pregnancies. They are not that noticeable in pictures or in person, I think because of my skin tone. I also have stretch marks on my butt, but those are usually covered.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll take the bait, I know I may get some certain comments I don't care to hear, but let's have at it!

Here's me, currently:

13675645_6962.jpg
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I know I said to add your opinions about me, but some of your assumptions are very uncalled for. All I wanted to know is what to improve. Not know about how you think I look gross.

I hope you didn't take my comment to mean this at all!! I think the example of the girl who went from 130ish to 140is is a good example of what I meant for you.
  • jessicataylor2
    Options

I hope you didn't take my comment to mean this at all!! I think the example of the girl who went from 130ish to 140is is a good example of what I meant for you.

No it's not you. You did say I looked too thin but you said it nicely and also said what I should do to improve like I asked for. I'm talking about the people basically saying I have an eating disorder and how I'm unhealthy. All I asked is what I should work on.
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    2) My boyfriend is very into fitness and nutrition and he told me that I should be eating 1500-1600 calories a day. Even with eating this much I'm not really losing anything. I tend to only lose weight when I eat 1200 or less. But he makes sure I get as close to 1500 as I can.
    3) Yes I am technically underweight according to BMIs but my body structure is pretty small. So any extra weight that I have shows very easily. BMIs are bull**** anyways.
    4) I say my goal weight is 110 or lower because when I was 110 a couple years ago I still had that little bit of jiggle that I hate. Maybe I'm just picky but I'd rather be comfortable with my body. Another point here I used to be 110. That is not too small for me. That is my natural body weight (110-113). I have gained some weight in the past couple years that I don't like.

I try my best not to criticize other people's weight. You never really know where people are coming from. My sister has been underweight her whole life, and it is not the result of an eating disorder. She has a very very high metabolism, and she simply cannot put weight on no matter how much she eats, and she eats a lot. So, I'm not going to criticize you for being naturally thin, if that is what is going on here...

My concern, and the concern of some others in this thread, is that you are recovering/recovered from an ED. How do you know what your natural weight is if you have been struggling with eating in a more "normal" way? You know what your weight is when you restrict your food intake. This is not the same thing. So, while you may have been 110 before, this doesn't mean 110 is what you should be. I hope I am making myself clear. Being naturally underweight means you are always underweight even though you eat a healthy calorie rich diet (think 2000ish which is the average recommendation for women). You can have your doctor run metabolic tests, if you want to know for sure.

As to your complaint of jiggle. The jiggle is not because you need to lose weight. You asked for opinions here. Many people have said this, but you aren't listening. You need muscle definition to get rid of the "jiggle". Even if you got down to the 110 you are shooting for you would probably still "jiggle". Your previous struggles with ED has significantly decreased your muscle mass. You need to work on getting that back.

The reason why you have always struggled to put on muscle is because you have always struggled to eat enough. You are working at cross purposes here. You are restricting your calories, so you body is taking energy from elsewhere (fat AND muscle). You have to eat more if you want to build muscle. With what you are eating now, the best you can hope for is to keep the muscle you have.

If I were you, I'd continue to eat 1500 AND I'd eat my exercise calories back. I'd also work on getting my caloric intake up even higher, but you have to take small steps to this as you continue to recover. At the same time, I'd start really focusing on weight training every week with minimal cardio. Get on a good program like the New Rules for Weight Lifting for Women. In doing this, you will probably pick up a few pounds, but you'll probably not gain any inches. What you will gain is muscle, and you will lose the jiggle you are concerned about.

I hope you read this as more constructive than critique. Best of luck on your continued recovery.

ETA: fixed typos
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    ok, here's me

120423-123503.jpg

i kinda know what i need to do. i need to keep lifting and lifting heavy. it doesn't really show in this picture (i was having a good abs and muscles day) but i do have love handles and am trying to get rid of them.

right now i'm in the middle of race season, so i'm doing way more cardio then i should be. soon i'll be doing less and lifting more. i only lift two times a week, and i do one run, one bike, and one swim a week. my squats and dead lifts have definitively improved my running and biking, and my kettle bell work outs have really made my swimming top notch.

The foundations are laid out from what I can tell. And you are absolutely right building a chest, it takes time. I am still working on mine as well. I do feel your pain the love handles.

What are your goal? Size, Definition, Strength?
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll take the bait, I know I may get some certain comments I don't care to hear, but let's have at it!

Here's me, currently:

13675645_6962.jpg

Personally, I think you're perfect. :) I wish I had the petite frame, I'd be aiming to look very much if not exactly as you do. :heart:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    bump for lata
    but i suggest engine man to be in a calorie deficit and start cutting
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Love the opinions. I want some!

photo-2.jpg

Your stomach is slim and sexy. From what I can see your upper body seems to narrow out a bit towards your shoulders. Are you doing any weight training or is it mostly cardio?

If you are not lifting any weights then I would say add them to your routine. If you are lifting try increases the weight. It should not be to easy to lift. The final reps should be tough. Pullups and chinups are a phenomenal upper body workout too.

And don't worry lifting weights won't bulk you up solely on weight training :)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    ok, here's me

The foundations are laid out from what I can tell. And you are absolutely right building a chest, it takes time. I am still working on mine as well. I do feel your pain the love handles.

What are your goal? Size, Definition, Strength?

thanks man. yeah, the foundation is there. i just sometimes get frustrated because its not happening as quickly as i would like. i need to remind myself that i do way too much cardio at the moment, and not lifting enough. i have to remind myself that last year i was a completely different person. i'm doing my first triathlon in about a month and a half, not to mention a bunch of other races.
    but i suggest engine man to be in a calorie deficit and start cutting

like i said, i do tons of cardio. i like it. i'm not quite ready for a bulk/cut phase yet because like i said, race season is upon me.

good luck to you though. i'm assuming you are trying to get in shape to become a ranger or SF one day? i've got a friend in the SEALs. it's tough, but much more mental then people think.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Wow, haha. I completely disappeared. But to address some of the comments I got:

I do lift some. Not a lot, but I do. I'm wary of using the gym machines because I don't really know what I'm doing and I'd hate to get injured and have to sit out of sports season, especially now, when the season's winding down and the State Tournament is coming up.
    I usually do Chest Flys and Leg Presses and some free weights. I'll leg press from 85-100 pounds, bench press 10 on each side (plus the 45 pound bar), Chest Fly 25-30 per arm, and I don't remember my stats for all the weights I do. I usually do mainly cardio because I have water polo or swim team practice every day.

Stats: 5'2.5 and 135 pounds.

Thanks for the tips, everyone! I'll look into the kettlebell workouts and stuff! I've heard other people mentioning them around the forum and it seemed interesting.
  • jessicataylor2
    Options

I try my best not to criticize other people's weight. You never really know where people are coming from. My sister has been underweight her whole life, and it is not the result of an eating disorder. She has a very very high metabolism, and she simply cannot put weight on no matter how much she eats, and she eats a lot. So, I'm not going to criticize you for being naturally thin, if that is what is going on here...

My concern, and the concern of some others in this thread, is that you are recovering/recovered from an ED. How do you know what your natural weight is if you have been struggling with eating in a more "normal" way? You know what your weight is when you restrict your food intake. This is not the same thing. So, while you may have been 110 before, this doesn't mean 110 is what you should be. I hope I am making myself clear. Being naturally underweight means you are always underweight even though you eat a healthy calorie rich diet (think 2000ish which is the average recommendation for women). You can have your doctor run metabolic tests, if you want to know for sure.

As to your complaint of jiggle. The jiggle is not because you need to lose weight. You asked for opinions here. Many people have said this, but you aren't listening. You need muscle definition to get rid of the "jiggle". Even if you got down to the 110 you are shooting for you would probably still "jiggle". Your previous struggles with ED has significantly decreased your muscle mass. You need to work on getting that back.

The reason why you have always struggled to put on muscle is because you have always struggled to eat enough. You are working at cross purposes here. You are restricting your calories, so you body is taking energy from elsewhere (fat AND muscle). You have to eat more if you want to build muscle. With what you are eating now, the best you can hope for is to keep the muscle you have.

If I were you, I'd continue to eat 1500 AND I'd eat my exercise calories back. I'd also work on getting my caloric intake up even higher, but you have to take small steps to this as you continue to recover. At the same time, I'd start really focusing on weight training every week with minimal cardio. Get on a good program like the New Rules for Weight Lifting for Women. In doing this, you will probably pick up a few pounds, but you'll probably not gain any inches. What you will gain is muscle, and you will lose the jiggle you are concerned about.

I hope you read this as more constructive than critique. Best of luck on your continued recovery.

ETA: fixed typos

Well I don't consider myself really having an ED, I call it disordered eating. Maybe EDNOS. But I was naturally 110 before that for a few years. I was going to the gym almost everyday after school with my friend (still before the messed up eating) doing some cardio and lots of weight machines and calisthenics. We went for a few months and I kept increasing weights and doing much more than my friend was, but my body didn't change whatsoever. I was also eating plenty enough to gain muscle. So that's what started it. Note I was also around the same height that I am now, maybe an inch shorter.

That lasted maybe a year or a year and a half at the bad point. And then I recovered. It's been years since then and I gained back the weight I'd lost plus more. I've been pretty solid with weight (between about 115- low 120s) ever since. And I ate like a normal teenager, pizza, fast food, ice cream, etc. It was only recently that I began to try to get back in shape with the help of my boyfriends monitoring.

I never once said I wasn't listening when they say I need to gain muscle. As I stated, my body has a very very hard time gaining muscle. I do lift weights and use weights when I do my squats and lunges, but either I'm not getting muscle or it's hidden under the small layer of fat I have.

And if you haven't noticed yet I haven't ALWAYS struggled to eat enough like you said. That was that one period of time.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Personally I think 110 for 5'8 is way too thin. Thats just my opinion. I'm 5'7 and the lowest I would ever go is between 125-130 (130 gw) my body is my profile picture obviously thats at about 134 :) I'm at 133 now 3 more pounds to go and more muscle building.
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Even though everyone on here is slim...

158lbs :

mebikini.jpg

Im nearly at this again so its the best pic i have!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Oops, wrong thread. I thought this was "fishing for compliments..."
  • brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    bgz677.jpg

weigh 144lb and 5'6 :) i want to weigh about 118lb

i'm not near done at all!! :) i want to improve a lot. excuse my sleepy face in the pic :) i had just rolled outta bed

opinions? Area i dislike most is : tummy

2nd least = thighs

toning up...in arms is needs cuz my arms are so skinny..smaller than my 7yo sister's.. something is wrong there...big age gap too:)