Honest body opinions (add your own pic too)

Options

Replies

• WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    How is 110 at 5'8'' even safe? I'm 5'3'' and 104, and everyone I know thinks I'm anorexic. I mean, to each their own, but it just seems off.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    To OP - your body is having a hard time gaining muscle because you are not eating enough calories and not lifting heavy enough for muscle gain. You have to eat in surplus to gain muscle. So it's not necessarily that your body like to stay in the weight range, but it could be the weight range that you can maintain with the amount of calories that you are getting. Not stating this as a fact or that I think you are not eating enough, but just my thought process on it.
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    Even though everyone on here is slim...

158lbs :

mebikini.jpg

Im nearly at this again so its the best pic i have!

I love your shape - how tall are you?
    (if I look like you at that weight, I'll be stopping :D)
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Even though everyone on here is slim...

158lbs :

mebikini.jpg

Im nearly at this again so its the best pic i have!

I love your shape - how tall are you?

(if I look like you at that weight, I'll be stopping :D)

Aww thanks so much! 5'6" :) I need to slim a little more, i still have quite a bit of flab! :
    sideview-04.jpg?w=560&h=424
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    As a health care provider I have to assess people for adequate nutrition and obesity. Baseline for women is 100 lbs for the first 5 ft. of height, then 5 lbs for every inch of height past that. That means for a woman at 5'8", she should weigh a minimum of 140 lbs. This says nothing about body composition, though. A 5'8" woman with a body fat of 25% will look different than a woman with a body fat of 18% and still both will have an appropriate weight/height ratio. So, weighing 110lbs at 5'8" is underweight and could be a health detriment, even if you like the way it looks. I know for myself that at 5'2" I will never weigh 110lbs and remain as muscular as I am now. I'll keep the muscle and gladly weigh more, but hopefully keep the body fat % at less than 28%. Some people might think that looks fat, but with the muscle underneath, I would still look good and have a lower risk of all ailments that are associated with obesity or anorexia.
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I know that I, as well as probably many of you, see myself differently than other people see me. So what I was wondering is what you guys think of me. And then you can add your pictures as well and get opinions on you. Some of this might be harsh though so I wouldn't suggest adding your picture if you can't handle criticism.

So here's me, I'm not sure how much I weigh right now because I don't have a scale. But I think that it's somewhere between 118-120. My goal is to get to 110, but mainly I'm just looking to tone. I'm not a fan of the jiggle I have.

2lb2b0y.jpg

:smile: I think your body is fine, not too much jiggle that I can see, but I know how it feels. I think HIIT would do AMAZING things for your body. I recommend Bodyrock.tv. The main host is also very thin (naturally one of those people that is stick thin) but she has worked hard to build muscle and I think that would be good inspiration.

This is her:
    Main_Feb1_12.jpg&w=594&h=412&c=1&q=100

Now some people assume she's anorexic because she is so small, other find her body "gross" but some people are just genetically born that way! I can't stand when people criticize something that can't be changed! And she is IN SHAPE, there is no way someone anorexic would have that much energy!
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    No need for weight loss, just build muscle! Your shape is enviable so aim for strong, not skinny.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Should have called the thread "honest opinions if they are nice" if you didn't want people to tell you to add mass. I'm 5'3.5" and I have more lean mass than you have body weight. In my honest opinion, you have a small frame, so you don't look sickly... But I think you would look better with some more muscle. In any case, I hope you get the body you want!
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    Should have called the thread "honest opinions if they are nice" if you didn't want people to tell you to add mass. I'm 5'3.5" and I have more lean mass than you have body weight. In my honest opinion, you have a small frame, so you don't look sickly... But I think you would look better with some more muscle. In any case, I hope you get the body you want!

I said I wanted opinions on what I should improve. I'm perfectly fine with people saying I need to add mass. What I didn't ask for is people saying I look ill and the rude comments that way. But thank you
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Love the opinions. I want some!

photo-2.jpg

WOW you look great! && your stomach is so so flat ! :]
  • dirtsurfer2002
    Options
    It's not about what the scale says, it is about how you feel about yourself. If you don't like the jiggle, then as everyone else said, you need to tone up, as your size looks proportionate to your height.

Me, there is no way I would post pictures right now. I have been on a bit of a roller coaster. I started at 147.8, got down to 130.2 and then fell off the wagon so to speak and went back up to 135.6. I am back on the wagon and headed to reach my goal weight of 110 and I'm 5'0". If I get down to less than 110 I'm okay with that, as I was 104-107 before kids, just figured 110 would be realistic since I'm older and have bigger hips from child birth. The only unrealistic thing I'm looking at is trying to lose a majority of the weight in a short amount of time. This is only because hubby is out of state and coming home, will be here on our 12 year anniversary (13 May) and I want to wow him and him not recognize me when he gets off the plane. :) Plus the BIG 40 is coming up and my goal was to fit in this little black dress I had for my birthday. The only issue is that I already fit in the dress, so now I need to go find a smaller one to fit in. YAY!

I will only post before pictures, when I have amazing after pictures to post with them. Just sayin.....................
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Oops, wrong thread. I thought this was "fishing for compliments..."

Not how the thread started. I was looking more for negatives and room for improvement.
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    before, mid february:
    0214122122.jpg
    after, beginning of april:
    0402020735.jpg

i'm happy with my progress so far, but i hate the pudge around the midsection. i'm really trying to hit the cardio hard. however, this is the lowest weight that i've been walking around at in about 4 years (190). i really wanna get to the sub-180 mark, but it feels so far away.

EDIT: ok i guess i don't know how to post pics
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    I'm all for some honest opinions. Loving the feed back.

FxCam_1330632950560.jpg
    Okay, honest opinion?.... Your body rawks! Totally gonna try look this good :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    before, mid february:
    0214122122.jpg
    after, beginning of april:
    0402020735.jpg

i'm happy with my progress so far, but i hate the pudge around the midsection. i'm really trying to hit the cardio hard. however, this is the lowest weight that i've been walking around at in about 4 years (190). i really wanna get to the sub-180 mark, but it feels so far away.

EDIT: ok i guess i don't know how to post pics

lower case img
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    lower case img
    [/quote]

thank you!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    No opinions on my body? :sad:
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Oops, wrong thread. I thought this was "fishing for compliments..."

Sigh.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    4) I say my goal weight is 110 or lower because when I was 110 a couple years ago I still had that little bit of jiggle that I hate. Maybe I'm just picky but I'd rather be comfortable with my body. Another point here I used to be 110. That is not too small for me. That is my natural body weight (110-113). I have gained some weight in the past couple years that I don't like.
    5) Those kind of tumblr girls who complain that they're fat when they're skinny are NOT the ones I'm talking about. The girls who are my inspiration are into eating clean, lifting weights, and promote overall healthy lifestyles.

I know I said to add your opinions about me, but some of your assumptions are very uncalled for. All I wanted to know is what to improve. Not know about how you think I look gross.

To 4) that's fair enough, but it still stands that 110 or below for 5"8 is underweight. Not only that, but building muscle is what you need to do to get rid of jiggle, not lose even more weight.

To 5) Apologies for making that assumption.

I never said you look gross so I'm going to assume that isn't directed towards me.