Starving on Keto!

Options
123457»

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    When I first started the ketogenic diet about 2 months ago, I groaned at the thought of having to eat another snack/meal AGAIN. I was never hungry. Now, for the past month or so, I'm ridiculously hungry. Hungry in my throat and in my stomach and mouth. I don't want to go over my calorie goal, but it is so uncomfortable feeling this empty all the time! Drinking tea or eating raw vegetables like celery and broccoli make me hungrier, and meat doesn't really help either. What am I doing wrong?

for a ketogenic diet...don't worry about your calories...you need to concentrate on your macros as they determine how to eat healthy and maintain or lose weight....make sure the you have a dietary deficit of carbs 20-30 gram limit, normally that is 5%-7% of your food intake; protein is the next important factor as you do not want to lose muscle mass as you lose weight.. that consists of 15%-30% of your daily food intake; your fat intake should be around 60%-75% of your dietary intake ( you can get more fats by eating things like avacados, nuts, coconut oil..etc)

If you need help finding your true macros...here is a link for a great keto calculator:http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/KetoDiet-Buddy

hope this helps you find your keto happy place

Again, going with the non-death thing

Oh? You'll lose weight irrespective of caloric deficit? So if you have the right amount of carbs, you'll lose weight or maintain weight eating keto? Is this what you're saying?
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    OP hasn't been on since 2011... I'm pretty sure they've figured everything out by now (or, at least I hope they have...being hungry for 5 years sounds awful). :o How did I miss that
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    LOL. Keto people are so brain-starved for glucose that they don't even notice when they are talking to ghosts. Original post is 5 years old. :D

It was largely non-keto'ers who replied to the dead. :D
  • Ming1951
    Options
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    LOL. Keto people are so brain-starved for glucose that they don't even notice when they are talking to ghosts. Original post is 5 years old. :D

More than likely because of the title.

With respect, is there a time you would not recommend keto? I mean if someone said they are always starving like OP years ago, or keep binging on carbs would you say "hey maybe this isn't for you?"

• ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I also just realized how ancient this post is. Why would anyone want to resurrect a thread such as this where the original poster has very likely found the answer? SMH..... It's one thing to bring back something helpful to the community, but quite another to stir the pot on this sort of thing.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I also just realized how ancient this post is. Why would anyone want to resurrect a thread such as this where the original poster has very likely found the answer? SMH..... It's one thing to bring back something helpful to the community, but quite another to stir the pot on this sort of thing.

New users likely don't realize/know the difference. What may seem obvious to you may not be to others.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

New users likely don't realize/know the difference. What may seem obvious to you may not be to others.

Just saying. Surely the date stamp directly under the post itself should give a clue of some sort.
  • leanjogreen18
    Options

Just saying. Surely the date stamp directly under the post itself should give a clue of some sort.

It's a huge clue:) however I don't often look maybe that comes with being on here longer and posting on a necro thread like I have. I think I will try to start looking tho because these necro threads have gotten me a time or two. I haven't resurrected one yet.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    johunt615 wrote: »

With respect, is there a time you would not recommend keto? I mean if someone said they are always starving like OP years ago, or keep binging on carbs would you say "hey maybe this isn't for you?"

I just thought it was funny that the comment was directed at brain-starved for glucose keto'ers when they weren't commenting.

I never said keto was for everyone. Some don't like it. I've said that Ornish's diet appears to help with many of the health issues that ketogenic diets help with but I could never do it. I'd be starving and unhappy. If I could manage it, it may help with my health issues.... Sort of like how keto can help those who can do it.

YMMV.
  • leanjogreen18
    edited November 2016
    Options
    johunt615 wrote: »

I just thought it was funny that the comment was directed at brain-starved for glucose keto'ers when they weren't commenting.

I never said keto was for everyone. Some don't like it. I've said that Ornish's diet appears to help with many of the health issues that ketogenic diets help with but I could never do it. I'd be starving and unhappy. If I could manage it, it may help with my health issues.... Sort of like how keto can help those who can do it.

YMMV.

Thank you! I did look back to see who resurrected the thread and to see if it got me because I admit I don't look at dates, a few Keto'ers did comment tho:). The brain starving while funny I could see it being somewhat hurtful though.

I hope I didn't imply that you said Keto was for everyone I was just wondering if you've ever advised someone who keeps "falling off" or is "starving" as OP mentioned (5 years ago:)) if MAYBE Keto wasn't for them.

You answered me with Dr. Ornish's diet, thanks I was just curious.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Meh i don't even pay attention to usernames and avi pics or who writes what, let alone time stamps :open_mouth: This thread may end up helping someone else experiencing the same problem.
  • Ming1951
    Options
    Meh i don't even pay attention to usernames and avi pics or who writes what, let alone time stamps :open_mouth: This thread may end up helping someone else experiencing the same problem.

I don't really pay attention either, if it grabs at my interest I read and may post but if I'm not interested in a subject I skip over it, no big to me
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Not everyone looks at it, which should be obvious from the number of people who respond to the necro threads once they are pulled up.