5'8" ladies, what is your goal weight?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'8 the lowest weight I have ever been was in my early 20's and I weighed 128 lbs. I rarely ate, (diet coke and sugar free gum for dinner) and I smoked (I quit at 37)

My highest weight was 250 lbs. I was miserably depressed, unhealthy, borderline type 2 diabetes, etc.

I lost 90 lbs three years ago, and have been able to maintain, give or take 5 pounds.

I am just working on firming up and being HEALTHY. (eating, exercising, etc) Trying not to be a number, because it just messes with my head.

Good luck to all.

Oh, and I'll be fifty this year.
  • italianinhi
    italianinhi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and currently 199. I am not sure what what will look the best since my body has changed so much since having children. I am very hour glass so I tend to carry weight better. I am so unhappy at this weight though and at the moment would like to come in around 155-160.
  • rbrea001
    rbrea001 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yeah you look great at 140!!! Thats my goal. To be around 145 however I will be ok with 150....

SW: 240
    CW: 188 **I started My fitness tracker at 194**
    Goal: 150

I feel like i have a long road ahead but hope this journey will be over in Nov at the latest!!
  • nfroff
    nfroff Posts: 24
    Options
    I am 5'8" with

sw 223 lb
    cw 208
    gw 170

I'd love to see 170 which hasn't happened in about 10 years. Once I'm there I'll see how I go but I'm trying to be realistic!
  • jandashl
    jandashl Posts: 7
    Options
    My goal weight is 175 and to reevaluate once I get there. My starting weight was 254, CW 243. I just started about a month ago and have a long way to go. I too want to be stronger and healthier. Once I hit 175, I will see how I feel/look and what size clothes I am in at that point. Just looking forward to getting under 200 at this point :)
  • christacb
    christacb Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9". I have a large frame and my goal weight is 155-160. I have been thinner (135 pounds) but I think I look my healthiest and best at around 160.
  • septemberskinny
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'8" and I'm currently about 130-135 lbs.
    I want to end up at 120-125 lbs.
  • schocron
    schocron Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey there,

I 5'8" ish closer to 5'9" and I started at 312lbs. Currently I am at 183lbs and in a perfect world my goal is 165 lbs, but ill be happy in the 170s. I think that the best way to determine one's weight is through BMI (body mass index). You can calculate it online and is what most doctors based their calculations on. Hope this post can help!!!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I don't really care what I weigh for the most part....I seem to settle well into 165-170 for a reference point but that is subject to change. I just care about my body fat %. I started at 34% and am aiming for under 20%....whatever I weigh when I get there is just a number on the scale.......people can weigh 140 pounds at this height and still be flabby (low body weight but high body fat......skinny fat). I would much rather weigh more, get to eat more, have lower body fat and look like a lean mean fighting machine :)
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8"

Starting weight 156
    Current weight 152
    Goal weight 145ish

Not really sure once I add a little more heavy lifting.

If you look at the super heavy weight lifting ladies, muscle doesn't seem to weight all that much. If a woman is 5'8", she weighs 160. I would have imagined around 185 or so.
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 5'8" and 5'9".... started on MFP in January of 2011.

SW - 250
    CW - 155
    GW - 145-150

I'm working a LOT on building lean muscle. I'd say I'm happy where I am, but I still have quite a bit of body fat, especially in my stomach and thighs. Some of that is just loose skin that I'm hoping will tighten up over time. Here's a before and after. Before is Christmas 2010, after is at my cousin's wedding the end of April 2012.

Untitled.jpg
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8"

I started at 180 (less on MFP) and am currently sitting at 150. I'd love to lose another 5-10 lbs, but I am focusing more on getting in shape now and toning up. I am very comfortable at this weight!
  • brittany127
    brittany127 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add ME!!! I am new!

CW & HW: 205
    GW: 155
  • emshields1
    emshields1 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11"

SW: 165
    CW: 155
    GW: 145

I have a very small frame. My wrist is about 5 1/2" inches. I like 145 but it is very hard to maintain.
  • vbuell997
    vbuell997 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look great! I am trying to get where you are now.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I started at 202 but am down to 167.5. My Rough goal is 150 but I just want to get to a point where I'm happy!
  • redhead1206
    Options
    I'm 5'8" I'm currently down to 145. My goal weight is 135-140. I think it just depends on the person
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!