Worst date you've ever been on?

Options
kekl
kekl Posts: 382 Member
Tell me the story, I bet there's some crazy ones out there!

Inspired by the events of last night:

I went on a blind date last night (NEVER AGAIN.) My friend gave me this guys number and we texted for about two weeks before planning a date. While cordial over the phone, in person this guy was just plain rude and mean, made fun of all the people around in a very nasty way, being an a-hole to the waitress, etc, and to make matters worse he was chewing on a toothpick the whole time and kept trying to give me drinks at a bar (mind you I don't drink, and I'm UNDERAGE, which I told him numerous times), then ignored me for a while to text on his phone. Just not pleasant company.

and then when I finally saw my escape route and said I had to leave, he says "Oh, your place now?" My jaw just dropped.... did he REALLY think this had gone well? First thing that popped out of my mouth was "Yes. I am. Not you."
He starts "Wow, I drove an hour to see you, the least you could do-"

At this point I just turned around and walked off, got in my car, and drove home. I have never slapped anyone before but I really wanted to at that moment. Still thinking about it today is making me a bit angry. I am going to have words with my friend who set us up haha.

So... tell me your stories! :smile:

Replies

• Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292
    Options
    for a first date once, i went to her apt. to pick her up...walked inside, and noticed her dog laying by the window on the other side of the apt. i thought it was a tad bit strange the he didnt meet me at the door let alone bark at me. i asked if there was something wrong with the dog, and she said, "no he died a few days ago, and i just havent had the time to bury him". i was like WTF!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    for a first date once, i went to her apt. to pick her up...walked inside, and noticed her dog laying by the window on the other side of the apt. i thought it was a tad bit strange the he didnt meet me at the door let alone bark at me. i asked if there was something wrong with the dog, and she said, "no he died a few days ago, and i just havent had the time to bury him". i was like WTF!
    :noway:
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I once went on a date where the guy kept paying me compliments. Although he was obviously just being nice but it was very intense!
  • Aquaduckie
    Aquaduckie Posts: 115
    Options
    Wow. Where to start? There were a few that were really ummm... special. But I think the one that takes the cake is a blind date I went on, set up by my mother of all people. He picked me up. We went to dinner where he told me about all his health and medical problems and that his sister had died from the same conditions. We then went back to his (parents) house to watch a movie. We couldn't go to a theater because he "couldn't keep his butt shut." So that was pleasant. He introduced me to his parents with a different name and he had to keep leaving the room during the movie to go downstairs and "break wind." That was a one and only date for him. We were set up because we were both short and single. So much in common...
  • cuddlyrunner
    cuddlyrunner Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Went on a first date from 'meeting' on an internet dating site once where we met up on Dartmoor to go for a walk-I fell knee deep into a bog.

Another first meet up, I drove up, parked and drove away again without getting out when the guy turned out to be 12 inches shorter, fifty pounds heavier and with a lot less hair that the pic showed.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I witnessed a bad date, it was so awkward that it ended up making my date kind of terrible too. We were at a very crowded steakhouse and the couple in the booth next to us were on what seemed to be a first date. They were quite loud in their conversation so we got a clear show of the guy practically abusing our poor waitress. She was waiting both of our booths so we kept trying to be extra nice to her. The guy was terrible to her, for no reason! The food did take a while to come but the place was packed, what did he expect? Then he demanded to talk to the manager and talked down to her as well! It was ridiculous and made the whole atmosphere tense and awkward. I felt bad for his date at first but she just went right along with him and then proceeded to talk crap about everyone around them (including us) like we were all deaf. I gave them both the stank eye when we left. At least they can be terrible and miserable together, I guess...
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options

That is crazy. :huh:
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Lol
    omg these are great!

Sorry I don't have anything to share, I've literally never been on a date

But I'll live vicariously through you all :)
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options

....I don't even have words right now. :|
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Mine was actually with my ex-boyfriend near the end of our relationship. It was Valentine's Day and I invited him over to my place to have a quiet evening together. I did this because I absolutely HATE going out on that day and I'd rather the day be more of a thing for the both of us...plus I hate crowded restaurants. Anyway, I took the day off of class and literally spent the entire day cooking and setting everything up. We're talking a full course meal and steaks. He shows up and hands me a wal-mart bag full of Ape and Monkey themed stuff. I....hate monkeys. The receipt was still in the bag telling me that he had bought all of it right before he came over. He did it because he thought it was funny..laughed the whole time about it. Then he didn't eat hardly anything and made me feel bad about my cooking.

I kept the Ape stuffed animal after we split....my dog uses it as a chew toy.
  • Mzfoster0517
    Mzfoster0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Worst date ever was a date to a run down East of Chicago pizza all you can eat bar. I got food poisoning , and the dressing had a coating on it. But to make it worse the dude had a coupon.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I went out with myself once. Conversation was almost non-existent and I didn't even put out afterwards.

I was mortified.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I was set up by a friend & this guy looked OK in pictures, but in person he wasn't appealing to me at all & I found him pretty annoying. He was also a couple inches shorter than he said which is a big deal when you are a 6 foot tall woman. I wanted the date to end within the first 15 minutes but he had driven 2 hours to see me so I felt too bad to just walk away. Instead I tried to get him to make the first move to end the date by kind of ignoring him, which totally didn't work because our date ended up being 3 freaking hours long. At the end of the date I gave him a polite hug & right after we parted ways I got a text saying he couldn't read my "mixed messages" because it seemed like I was going in for a kiss but ended up just hugging him...umm what?! This guy was totally clueless, I never talked to him again thank god. Poor guy was new to the area, I felt so bad.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Let's just say...bad Mexican foot led to an unpleasant evening
  • Mzfoster0517
    Mzfoster0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

....I don't even have words right now. :|

lol too funny
  • hnpervert
    hnpervert Posts: 10
    Options
    My worse date lasted less than an hour. She turned up, told me that she had a party to go to later that evening, made me do all the talking and didn't ask a single question. A drink later, we said our goodbyes and that was that.

I went on a blind date once as well, but that was good. Ended up staying with her for over three years.
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    The dead dog story is going to haunt my dreams! Hahaha That is insane!

I have not been on many dates so nothing has gone really horrible but now I am worried about the future...

Worst date I heard about recently was about my ex boyfriend! he got drunk at a wine TASTING and made the girl drive him around all night. Plus her passengers window is broken and he freaked out asking if she really needed to put the child locks on. "Do you not think I can handle it? Do you not trust me to roll my own window down?" lol.... Thank God he is an ex-boyfriend!!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

Thank goodness you turned around and never went back. Right?
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    I didn't have a baby sitter, he said " I love kids, bring your 3 year old"
    I spent hours getting dressed and trying to look perfect
    He picked me up in a blue hatchback, the church music he played was so loud I heard him before he rang the door bell.
    The car was filthy (no a.c) it was 104 degrees Alabama temperture.
    He never asked me what I wanted to eat, we talked about "Sweet Jesus" until we arrived at The Chicken Coop
    I stood in line (yes I said in line, I was soooo over dressed for this) He ordered for me
    3 wings and fries, it came up to $5.99 He didnt want to break a $10 so I gave him a dollar out my purse.
    As the greasy bag was handed to me, we headed out to his dirty car.
    There was a breast, a drum stick and a wing in the bag. He asked for the breast.
    Yes he asked for the breast, I handed my kid in the back seat a drum stick
    I tried to eat the salty fries and asked could he get me something to drink.
    He pulled up to a soda machine, got me a Coke. When I popped it open he sweating like a pig asked for a sip.
    He than asked for the wing I nimbled off of, I passed it to him and told him to keep the soda.
    He drove around a lake (beautiful lake) my son was sleep and asked me for a kiss.
    I got out his car, pulled my sleeping son out the back seat and walked over to a bunch of guys talking at a picnic table.
    I (at the time didnt know where I was, just had moved here 2 months prior) asked them how far Old Columbus Road was.
    My church going friend throw the car seat out the window and pulled off.
    It turns out it wasnt far at all, I told the nice guy name Tim what happend , he laughed the whole way driving me home.
    He took me and my son out the next day (we dated for the next 6 months)
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    none of my dates have led to anything more which make me sad but at least they were all friendly and polite. :laugh: