Worst date you've ever been on?

Options

Replies

• torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Must have been about 17. A friend of mine had met a guy at a pub, but wasn't keen on going on a date with him on her own. So I agree to go out with the two of them and his friend Paul.

Turns out her charming date has a pregnant ex who he is currently being charged for throwing a brick through her window and assaulting....

Paul is completing obnoxious and unattractive but there's no way in hell I am leaving my friend with the other guy, who for some bizarre reason she still seems interested in.

Between the bar and a nightclub Paul tries to kiss me, despite the fact I've clearly told him I am not interested. I pull away so he bites me!

Since I still don't dare leave her alone we go to the club. Paul still hasn't given up and attempts to make a move on me again. I pour my drink over his head. We get thrown out of the club, I am actually relieved as it let's me rescue my friend and get home.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Mine was hiarious in retrospect. But had consequences.

I should probably share how I met this guy. Many moons ago, I did one of those electronics store rep jobs. You know the person who demos printers or cameras or whatever. Full disclosure: I am a chatty person and make small talk easily. So it was a really slow day, and this guy came up and started asking questions about the product. I gave the demo. Chatted for a bit and then went on my merry way. Well later that evening this guy brough his boys to the store to show them the cool product (and me I presume). So he basically asked me out a few different ways: to a performance because he was a "rapper," to a club so I could hang out with him and his friends, and then to coffee.

Well we all know coffee is noncommittal. So I said, OK we can have coffee. So a few days later I met him for coffee. And let's just say it started off horrible. First he didn't buy my coffee. Um Hello! Coffee is $2-3 (I get plain small drinks). The we sat down. It was a packed day at the cafe. He had a backpack with him.

Problem number 2. He opened up his backpack to show me his CV and product info from the place he worked because a. I should be impressed because he has a "professional" job and b. because I am "techy" I should care about random industrial technology.

So obviously this date isn't going very well. And this leads to problem #3.

So he pulls out a sealed paper bag full of random stuff from the backpack. And asks, "so how much do you think people would pay for a grab bag like this?" So I humor him and say $3. Then he starts asking all of the nearby tables if they want to buy it. I was so embarrassed. Someone bought it. I think to end the harassment. And this guy was so proud of himself. He said..."I just sold this bag for $4 and the stuff inside only cost $.50. Look at all the profit!!!!" And then went on this long explanation on how he does this to make extra cash.

I quickly finish up my coffee and say "oh i have to go to work early tomorrow." Anyway this guy thought we had the best date ever, because he tries to get me to get into his car for some "private time." and then tries to schedule a second date, and schedule a time for me to meet his kids (?!?!?!?!?). I say I am busy, get in my car and head home, thinking this had to be the dumbest date ever.

And then the next day, this guy shows up at my work, around 30 minutes before I get there just to "see how I am doing" and ask me out again. *rolls eyes*

Oddly, that same day, my car had a really random dent on the hood......I have no idea how it happened......
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    There is a beautiful young lady on these forums by the name of Odusgolp.

This is her story:
    So, my inordinately tall date and I go out for lunch. We meet and it's a tish awkward and first, but always is on a blind date. No biggy.

He immediately says something in regards to how he eats really healthy which launches into something about meat and slaughter houses and how he doesn't believe in killing animals. I... like my dead animals. I love a good steak. But alas, to each their own. I just find it an odd first topic as we look to order. He orders chicken and states he's not up for a greasy burger.... Ok.

From there, however, things got much smoother. Conversation flowing, good laughs, etc. Really, perfectly lovely date.

Then the check comes. He immediately grabs it, and I pull my wallet out of my purse. He shows me the bill ($21.89) and I throw in a $20. Awkwardly, he follows suit. The waitress takes it. He comments "I hope she doesn't think that's a $19 tip!" Then, when she does come back, he keeps the change after leaving $3 on the table.

Analyze....

You can follow along here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/323995-what-do-you-make-of-my-date?hl=Inordinately&page=1#posts-4320285

You should follow along, the discussion is entertaining to say the least lol.
  • Monze1
    Monze1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    These are terribly great! haha

My worst date, was my first date. I went on a blind date with this guy, who told me to met him at a coffee shop, then later messages me to met him in the local 'Cheap as Chips' shop. After looking around the shop for ages, I find him and introduce myself, and he bear hugs me! That was a bit unusual. So was the way he smelled (little bit of a B.O problem)...And he was wearing a kids style comic book shirt.
    We then head over for a coffee, he did pay for mine, and he bought himself about 6 huge bags of skittles, and promptly starts devouring them. Then, out the shopping bag he was carrying he pulls out these little toy soldier figurines and starts playing with them at the table! I was like whaaaat?
    Then before I even finish my coffee he says we need to get up and go for a walk because he's got a ****y leg that goes numb, and to prove his point he starts beating his leg up against a pillar in the coffee shop. People stared. I was so embarrassed.
    So out we go for a walk along one of the busy main roads, and he grabs my hand and pulls me to a stop and tells me 'I'm the most awesome person he's ever met, and can't wait to spend more time with me'. Okay, I was a bit startled. Then he smothers me in a another bear hug, and I'm trying to pull away and he's just holding on tighter and people are driving past yelling out 'Get a room!'
    I couldn't come up with an excuse fast enough to get away. I felt a little bad because he traveled an hour to meet me, but that date was all too weird to continue on with.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    A girl I know (and I know for a fact she didn't make this up) went out with a guy she met in college. It was their first date. They lived in Utah and he flew with her in a small private plane to Vegas. They go see Phantom of the Opera and then go to a super pricey restaurant. She asks him, "Uhhh, how can you afford this?" He gives her a really wishy-washy answer about how he has "several jobs" (keep in mind this guy is in his 20s and still in college). So after dinner, he takes her to Tiffany & Co. and tells her to pick out whatever she wants. She declined and they flew home. On the plane ride home, she mentions to him that she loves to fish. The next morning, he calls her and says, "I have a surprise for you!". He drives her to a lake that he BOUGHT for her. Oh and he named it after her. So, of course, she is like, "Something is not right with this guy." So she doesn't go on another date with him. A couple months later, she finds out he was arrested for drug dealing... apparently business was good. haha
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    When I was in my 20's a guy picked me up to go to the movies. I didn't realize he had been drinking, we get into the theatre and he pulls out a flask and is sitting there drinking, totally ignoring me. Next thing I know he wants to leave saying the movie is boring. We were supposed to go have dinner then. I think we are on our way to dinner but he goes back to his apartment complex and says "would you mind if we called it a night? I actually have another date on her way and I ran out of money today so I can't take you to dinner.". And that was the last time I dated a dude who worked in mall retail! Lmao
  • insaneandroid
    Options
    My worse date experience would be when this guy took me to play basketball and the place we were going to play at...was first of all closed. Then he spent the next couple of minutes talking about how much he loves football and older women. And then he gave me some sort of..."demonstration" and got my hand and licked it. :T that was the last time I saw him.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    His wife called while we were having coffee.

(he told me he was divorced. He was not. He was in fact very much still married)
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Any that involved shoe or clothes shopping.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    for a first date once, i went to her apt. to pick her up...walked inside, and noticed her dog laying by the window on the other side of the apt. i thought it was a tad bit strange the he didnt meet me at the door let alone bark at me. i asked if there was something wrong with the dog, and she said, "no he died a few days ago, and i just havent had the time to bury him". i was like WTF!

They don't have the right emoticon in the smileys list to describe this level of "fail". just wow.
  • bolderopal
    bolderopal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think there are three tied for first place! The dead dog, the woman who got peed on, and the woman with a broken nose. GEEZ!

Worst date with a boyfriend? He took me to ikea (we had been together for 2 years and known each other forever... and he knew how excited I was that ikea opened) but we got in a fight in the car. I forget what it was about, but it was stupid so we moved on. We get to ikea, get some food, and all of a sudden he tells me about this "hilarious" story of a guy that performed an incredibly degrading sexual act on his girlfriend without her permission. He is laughing so hard about it, and I'm telling him I find it very offensive and please stop talking about it. He didn't like that, so instead he got angry again, we argue, he leaves me at ikea. I had to call my mom who lived 30 minutes away to pick me up.

Worst first date? We met on okcupid, and he asked me out for a Friday dinner. He had a work event at a bar and I had a friend's birthday and improv show at ten, but for some reason he insisted that it was fine and he really wanted to meet me. So I met him outside the bar at six because it was right by my house as well as walking distance to the restaurant we were going to.

Now I'm a super chill person, and so I expected him to probably be a little tipsy since it was an open bar for him, and I was okay with that. Just roll with the punches.

He was straight up drunk. Also, to be honest, if we hadn't ever spoken before and I just saw him out in public, I would assume he wasn't into the ladies. So I was actually a little confused for a minute there, and re-thought our conversations to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

At the restaurant, it is community seating. It's packed, and as soon as he saw an opening he dove for it, pushing a girl to the side. She was very irritated by him, and I felt awkward so I asked the girl next to me if I could sit, and she said of course. Then he leans over the table and says to me "so this girl said I was rude for not asking if I could sit here, and since you are with me that makes you rude by association! Sorry!" I was floored by his idiocy. When we leave, he wants to take a little walk around the area, and so I go along thinking maybe he'll sober up by now and I'll get to see if there is anything. Nope. He pees off the side of a bridge. Then asks if he can come to my friend's bday party/improv show with me. Uh... NO. He walks me to my car, then leans in for a kiss but i just brush it off to a hug. He keeps grinning and saying he can't wait to go out again. That was it. I made sure when he finally texted me again that I was polite and blunt.

Since I also am a very social person and often recognize people out, I will say hi to them even before my brain places where I know them from. I saw him months later at a local film release party, and instinctively as I walked by I smile real big, threw my hands up and say HI!!! Then I realized who he was and I quickly scurried away with my friend. Oops.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I think anyone who is considering a serious relationship should undergo an Ikea test (along with building a complex piece of furniture together). I once broke up with someone I had been dating 3 months less than 24 hours after a trip to Ikea...: the two were definitely connected!
  • smantha32
    Options
    I was taken to a Hyla banquet. 7 freaking hours of listening to people talk about how many over prices vacuums they sold that quarter.

I wanted to burn the building down with everyone in it

OMG, these stories are killing me. LMAO..:laugh:
  • smantha32
    Options
    Another time this guy took me to Joes Crab shack and conveniently "forgot" his wallet. I paid, we went outside and I was going though my phone to call my cousin to come get me because I was scared.. and he peed on me.. He literally urinated on me whilst outside. I have never been so mad in my entire life

WHAT THE WHAT THE WHAAAT

I didn't know that was a thing that people did if they didn't like you while on a date. I was 18 and he was 27 or something. I was leaving for basic only a few months later so I couldn't beat him up..

Well this is new to me. Everywhere I've ever been, peeing on someone is considered assault.
  • bigswedeman
    bigswedeman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That's cause they just don't know how to P A R T Y!
  • smantha32
    Options
    lol
  • smantha32
    Options
    Ok, sharing, I haven't had any really bad dates. My worst ones were mild compared to some of ya'll's. lol

I went out with a guy I knew from an internet chat room who spent the whole first date telling me about knowing/learning Gaelic.
    It was an ok date, but afterwards he told all our mutual friends I was his girlfriend.

So I was like... no... I don't think so. And I caught *kitten* from everyone we knew for "being mean to him". So if refusing to pretend to be someone's girlfriend is mean, I could have done a lot worse. lol

I went out on a second date with him to a rangers game, and it got cold and he didn't want to go up to the indoor bar, so I went to the giftshop and bought a team jacket. It went into extra innings and I suggested we leave then to get ahead of the traffic. 2nd date= last date.
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I had met a guy online that looked very attractive. I had told him I really only date guys taller than myself (5'10") AND he agreed, telling me there is no issue there. So, we decide to meet up. I pull up to the restaurant, hop out of my car and head towards his car. He hops out. And he is a straight up midget. I turned around and got in my car and left.

Now- so I don't catch a ton of flack- I was just pissed he lied!!!! Yeah, I probably wouldnt have gone out with him had I known he was a little person, but dang. Really?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread.....I cannot remember the last time I read through an entire thread! Very entertaining, and makes me feel better that I am not the only one that has had some crazy dates in my day!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    what's a date? :P