Worst date you've ever been on?

Options

Replies

• PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I went on a date with a guy and he brought me to his house and then played video games for a few hours and ignored me - I hate video games.
  • kkjay
    kkjay Posts: 62
    Options
    My worst date was the first real date I was ever on. We met online and met in person at Starbucks. He seemed fine at first, nothing too strange. Then he got hungry and wanted to go eat and I agreed, we had been talking for awhile at this point. So I get into his car and he starts driving and I feared for my life because his driving was horrible. So bad, I'm surprised he didn't get into any accidents. And while he was driving he was talking about how he was looking for the one, he wanted to buy a house and settle down. Soon. I was 19 at the time he was 24, that was not at all what I wanted. That's still not what I want at this point. I was ready to jump ship then.

So then he takes us to Taco Bell because that's what he wanted. It would've been fine really, except for the fact that I don't really like Taco Bell. I have this hatred of tacos most of the time, I'm just not a fan. I got a drink because he insisted I get something even though I didn't want to. Then we sat in the Taco Bell parking lot talking some more. He wouldn't stop staring at me and he kept telling me how pretty I was and it was compliment after compliment. At this point in my life I was so self conscious. It was so weird, especially since I didn't really have anything to compliment him for. It was a bit too much. Eventually he took me back to my car and I told him I had a good time (such a lie) and went home.

The next day he texted me and got angry because I didn't tell him via text I had a good time. Er, I thought I said it in person which to me means more than text. So then he called me immature and other things because of this. I'm glad he did, now I didn't have to let him down.

Then there was the time I went out with a guy which was actually a pretty good date, I just saw him more like my little brother than romantic interest. His inspection sticker had expired on his car so we had to avoid cops the whole time. We almost ran into a couple. Then the next date I had with another guy I joked about how the last date I was on the guy didn't have his car inspected and we had to hide from the cops the whole time. His response? "Oh, mine's been expired for like a month." Oh. Can you say awkward moment?
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    for a first date once, i went to her apt. to pick her up...walked inside, and noticed her dog laying by the window on the other side of the apt. i thought it was a tad bit strange the he didnt meet me at the door let alone bark at me. i asked if there was something wrong with the dog, and she said, "no he died a few days ago, and i just havent had the time to bury him". i was like WTF!
    I once had a friend who put her dead farret in her freezer >.< lol yea i was like WTF too lol
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    for a first date once, i went to her apt. to pick her up...walked inside, and noticed her dog laying by the window on the other side of the apt. i thought it was a tad bit strange the he didnt meet me at the door let alone bark at me. i asked if there was something wrong with the dog, and she said, "no he died a few days ago, and i just havent had the time to bury him". i was like WTF!
    I once had a friend who put her dead farret in her freezer >.< lol yea i was like WTF too lol
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just remembered one more. It wasn't horrible like some of yours, admittedly. Just odd. I went on a Match.com date with a nice enough guy. We went mini-golfing and things were going nicely. It was early when they closed the mini-golf course, so I asked if he wanted to grab a bite or a coffee. He said he wasn't hungry and didn't drink coffee, but of course we could go somewhere. We went to a Starbucks, I got a plain coffee and bought him a bottle of water. I offered to get him whatever he wanted (he'd paid for all the mini-golf and arcade stuff) and he just said he wanted water. Fine.

We sit down, and begin talking. The conversation turned to food. I tell him I love sushi. He says he doesn't eat sushi. I playfully tell him he doesn't know what he's missing, and he says "No, I just don't eat anything from the ocean." Ah-ha, ok. So I ask him what he likes to eat. It came down to the following things: Well-done steak, no sauce; fried chicken, and he really only ate the skin; "tacos" made with those crunchy Ortega taco shells, ground beef, and 1000 Island sauce, plain pizza and he threw out the crust, and Totino's pizza rolls. THAT'S IT. Nothing green, nothing from the ocean, no ethnic cuisine, no drinks other than water, no fruits or vegetables, pasta was "too bready", etc. I kept looking around for a hidden camera because I thought I might be getting punk'd. He just told me he was a picky eater growing up, and that's all he wanted to eat. He was in his mid-30s and said he never got fat, so it couldn't be that bad for him.

I pictured my future with him, pushing a shopping cart sadly past the produce section, past the fish department, past the spits of delicious roasting chickens... filling my cart with box after box of pizza rolls while a single tear slides down my cheek. Couldn't do it. He was sweet, very kind, cute, friendly, and a total gentleman. But we'd never be compatible. I hope he found the girl of his pizza roll dreams.
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Lol these are hilarioussss, I have tears in my eyes from the laughter

Haven't been on many dates and those I've had were mediocre

Worst one was a blind date, we texted and talked on the phone for a while, he had a super sexy voice, he sent me a picture of his face, I could tell he was a little chubby and he had amazing eyes, it was back in high school and I went to get us Chinese food and thought we could share it while we hung out at my cousings house, it was kind of a blind date so I was so nervous and wanted to look cute, got to my cousings house which wasn't there, walk in and see this 400 pound guy sitting on the couch.... I didn't wanna be rude lol but I was like who are you? He was like I'm your date lol I tried to act normal and said oka I brought Chinese we can eat sat it down and he DEVOURED it like I didn't even get a chance to eat anything. It was so horrible then he was like oh are u hungry? What the heckkkkk? Such a turn off and he had holes in his clothing which leaked out back fat, stomach fat and all sorts of other fat.

Personality will only get you so far.

Therefore I had my bff call me and tell me my mom was sick and to come home soon, I deleted him from MySpace (so long ago lol) and AIM, told him I was engaged and shouldn't have seen him and that we were moving to Alaska.... he believed all that lol

2 months ago, about 6 years after this incident happened he found me on fb and asked how the marriage was going and how I was liking Alaska and heard from my cousin I had a baby on the way and that he was happy for us rofl, I didn't reply.

Lies. All lies. (=
  • ChristaFall
    ChristaFall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I went out with myself once. Conversation was almost non-existent and I didn't even put out afterwards.

I was mortified.

Hahaha :-)
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Holy *kitten*! You win.
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    She had gas the whole time we were out!! she kept saying excuse me, excuse me, then we get to the club and her "babies daddy" is there with her BFF and it's on. All we needed was some mud and oil!!! Left her and her friends there!!! With one of the bar dancers!!!
  • Connie_Cupcake
    Options
    I just remembered one more. It wasn't horrible like some of yours, admittedly. Just odd. I went on a Match.com date with a nice enough guy. We went mini-golfing and things were going nicely. It was early when they closed the mini-golf course, so I asked if he wanted to grab a bite or a coffee. He said he wasn't hungry and didn't drink coffee, but of course we could go somewhere. We went to a Starbucks, I got a plain coffee and bought him a bottle of water. I offered to get him whatever he wanted (he'd paid for all the mini-golf and arcade stuff) and he just said he wanted water. Fine.

We sit down, and begin talking. The conversation turned to food. I tell him I love sushi. He says he doesn't eat sushi. I playfully tell him he doesn't know what he's missing, and he says "No, I just don't eat anything from the ocean." Ah-ha, ok. So I ask him what he likes to eat. It came down to the following things: Well-done steak, no sauce; fried chicken, and he really only ate the skin; "tacos" made with those crunchy Ortega taco shells, ground beef, and 1000 Island sauce, plain pizza and he threw out the crust, and Totino's pizza rolls. THAT'S IT. Nothing green, nothing from the ocean, no ethnic cuisine, no drinks other than water, no fruits or vegetables, pasta was "too bready", etc. I kept looking around for a hidden camera because I thought I might be getting punk'd. He just told me he was a picky eater growing up, and that's all he wanted to eat. He was in his mid-30s and said he never got fat, so it couldn't be that bad for him.

I pictured my future with him, pushing a shopping cart sadly past the produce section, past the fish department, past the spits of delicious roasting chickens... filling my cart with box after box of pizza rolls while a single tear slides down my cheek. Couldn't do it. He was sweet, very kind, cute, friendly, and a total gentleman. But we'd never be compatible. I hope he found the girl of his pizza roll dreams.

Maybe we talked to the same person! I went out with a guy just like that and I was like.. Oh no.. I LOVE Pho and sometimes Indian. I love pasta and sushi.. and seafood.. Hah! Just because you aren't fat doesn't mean that you are healthy
  • dancin2011
    dancin2011 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have soo enjoyed reading these! Great thread OP! Though I am sorry about some of your all's dates. And I agree that the dead dog one wins!
  • Labriska
    Labriska Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I laughed til i cried some of these are funny...but that dead dog one takes the cake
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Ohhh, honeyyy. You dodged a bullet! D:
  • KidTarget
    KidTarget Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well, the stories I have aren't so much bad date stories, as dating disasters. The worst part is that they happened with the same woman, who fortunately later became my wife.

The first one was on our very first date. We were coming home from a club in one of the absolute worst parts of DC. We pulled up to a stoplight, and my car stalls and would not start again. To make matters worse, the rain was coming down in buckets. Yeah that was a fun half hour wait for the tow truck. I really could have died from embarrassment at that.

The next one was on our fourth date. I was taking her home after a lovely evening out, when I get pulled over. Now when I say I pulled over, I am not talking about one police car. Instead, try eight. Four in front and four behind. My wife looks over at me and asks "What did you do?" To make matters worse, I am a smart *kitten* with a MAJOR problem with authority. All of which my wife by this point in our relationship had picked up on. So she spent the next ten minutes repeating "Shut up, Dave" like a mantra. Finally, it turns out my car matched the description of a car that was used in the robbery of a gas station, and after the police determined that we were not the suspects they let us go.

The last story has to do with our first Valentines day together. I had received a recommendation from a friend about this awesome Italian restaurant in Alexandria, so I took my wife there. Unfortunately, the restaurant was not so awesome. It was one of those places that the pasta sauce very obviously came from a can, yeah. Although I did manage to salvage the evening, by taking her to the National Cathedral afterwards. The choir was practicing, and we sat in the prayer garden just being swept away by the majesty.

Have I mentioned that I am petitioning to have my wife beatified? She certainly deserves it...
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    First time I ever went on a date.

I was 20. I had never had a boyfriend or even kissed a guy before. My friend set me up with this guy, I was afraid to meet him so she offered to drive me down to meet him. I am very shy and quiet but we got along just fine. We saw Clerks 2. It was funny and I was happy. We then walked around Rasputin, which is a music store and had Thai food. (omg sounding like a good date right?). We then ended up walking along the shore of a pond, holding hands as the moon reflected off of the Pond, we were also playing in the park on the swings which was around 2am. Me wearing a corset and stripey socks complete with black make up and him dressed like a goth pimp we surely got looks. We then did EVP work in a graveyard. He kept trying to kiss me but I was afraid because I hadn't before. He then guessed I didn't like him though I insisted I did...

We got back in the car with my friend who was resting and we all started to talk. She started prodding me a to why I hadn't kissed him. She told me he was her ex and a great kisser. She then kept poking at him giving him a boner. "See Lulu! He has a nice ****! Get some of that!" I looked away and she started playing with him. At that point I wanted to run off and I was fighting back tears. She said if I didn't want him she'd take him. I didn't say anything after that, she would have ****ed him if I wasn't there. Which thankfully she hadn't because I don't know if I could have handled it.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    3 worst dates. All with my husband. I was 14 when we met., he was a year older.

We'd been dating about a year, went snowboarding together. I was going off a jump, the guy behind me came up too fast, hit his head on the tail of my board and sent me into a tree. Broke my femur in 4 places and cracked my pelvis, internal bleeding in stomach and kidneys. Got 188 more dates out of it, he visited me every day in hospital and rehab, slept in the visitor's chair some nights. We got to know each other really well.

About a year after that, we were at a house party. Got drunk for the first time ever. Danced in my underthings on a patio table in the rain. Slipped and landed on my *kitten*. He fell off the back deck rail cause he was laughing so hard. Ambulance got called, police showed up, the manly got stitches in his head and about 40 teens spent the night in lockup until our parents came to get us.

When i was 17, we were going camping a few cities away. His dad drove as he didn't want us driving that far with only our learner's permits. I sat in the backseat, behind his dad. We drove thru mcdonalds for lunch, and i decided to try the fish burger. I hat a bite or 2, felt suddenly very sick, and before we could pull over i had projectile vomited all over the back of the driver's seat and the back of my (now) father-in-law's head. Found out i was pregnant the next day. 8 years later he still calls me barfy.

We've been through a lot together. He think's he's the lucky one.
  • saralynn594
    saralynn594 Posts: 321
    Options
    i never want to go out on another date again..thank you all
  • bigswedeman
    bigswedeman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Well that's a real shame!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Oh god....

I reconnected with an old classmate. He had graduated a few years before me, so I didn't know him that well. A friend of a friend, if you will. When he asked me out to dinner, I figured, what the hell, he seems nice.

Here's how the date went:

1. shows up nearly an hour late to pick me up, I had figured he wasn't going to show. At this point I had changed back into my lounge clothes.

2. Takes me to In-n-out for dinner.....I was wearing a cocktail dress. I'm not high maintenance or anything, but I felt really out of place.

3. Stops by his friend's house on the way back because they were having a party and wanted to meet me. Introduces me as his "girlfriend". Proceed to watch 3 dudes smoke pot and talk about warcraft for an hour before I demand to be taken home. *** As it turns out, he had asked me out on a dare, and wanted to prove that I really accepted. I was used as some sort of creepy girl-trophy.

4. Calls me every day for an entire year and even shows up at my house pounding on the door. I never picked up and ended up having to change my phone number. I moved as well, for good measure.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    This one may be tied for first.....

Guy takes me to the movies, and holds my hand. I think "awe, that's kinda sweet"....until he keeps inching closer to his crotch. I pull my hand away, and think "maybe an accident?" Then, he tries to be smooth and do the "I'm going to stretch reeaaallly big, and then subtly put my arm around you"

He fails, and elbows me in the eye so hard, it breaks my nose. I was gushing blood all over the popcorn, and had a gnarly black eye for weeks.