Worst date you've ever been on?

Options

Replies

• LaGordita87
    LaGordita87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Some of these stories are very amusing lol.

I don't have 1 to share, I have never been on a "real" date my relationship with my husband started weird and i had never been on a date before i met him.
  • buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a baby sitter, he said " I love kids, bring your 3 year old"
    I spent hours getting dressed and trying to look perfect
    He picked me up in a blue hatchback, the church music he played was so loud I heard him before he rang the door bell.
    The car was filthy (no a.c) it was 104 degrees Alabama temperture.
    He never asked me what I wanted to eat, we talked about "Sweet Jesus" until we arrived at The Chicken Coop
    I stood in line (yes I said in line, I was soooo over dressed for this) He ordered for me
    3 wings and fries, it came up to $5.99 He didnt want to break a $10 so I gave him a dollar out my purse.
    As the greasy bag was handed to me, we headed out to his dirty car.
    There was a breast, a drum stick and a wing in the bag. He asked for the breast.
    Yes he asked for the breast, I handed my kid in the back seat a drum stick
    I tried to eat the salty fries and asked could he get me something to drink.
    He pulled up to a soda machine, got me a Coke. When I popped it open he sweating like a pig asked for a sip.
    He than asked for the wing I nimbled off of, I passed it to him and told him to keep the soda.
    He drove around a lake (beautiful lake) my son was sleep and asked me for a kiss.
    I got out his car, pulled my sleeping son out the back seat and walked over to a bunch of guys talking at a picnic table.
    I (at the time didnt know where I was, just had moved here 2 months prior) asked them how far Old Columbus Road was.
    My church going friend throw the car seat out the window and pulled off.
    It turns out it wasnt far at all, I told the nice guy name Tim what happend , he laughed the whole way driving me home.
    He took me and my son out the next day (we dated for the next 6 months)

Reading the first part of that story was pretty horrifying, but I loved the ending!!! You can only thank the crappy date for that.
  • Phoenix_Angel
    Options
    Been on a few bad dates. One guy assumed I was paying for dinner (and it was his arrangement), I payed and then he asked about going to the movies. When I said no he asked if I could give him money to go with his friends...

I've had the guy who tells me his whole life story including health problems and terrible childhood memories...

But to top them all off, my ex (whom i have children with) insisted I date his friend who was "self employed". I finally gave in. So I asked the guy what he does for a living. He's a drug dealer. My babys' daddy set me up with a drug dealer....
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Had been chatting with-texting-calling this guy for about two months so it was time to meet in person. I insisted on dragging my sister with me for safety precautions. We decided to meet at an iHop for breakfast and then decide what to do from there. We get there and right off the bat I saw that the pictures he sent me were SUPER old. He was MUCH older than he claimed to be and he stank of cigarettes. My sister and I just kept looking at each other ... she had given me the "just be nice, he's buying!" look.

So we order and the food comes and he starts digging in like a pig at a trough. I couldn't even eat because he kept running his mouth, food was flying everywhere because he couldn't be bothered to stop talking long enough to chew and swallow. He had told me that he recently had surgery on his eye (I had tried to tell him we could meet after he's fully recovered but he insisted that it was fine), and he showed up with his eye hanging halfway out his head. That probably wouldn't have been so bad if the eye wasn't oozing stuff.

The last straw was when his fork clattered to the table because he dropped it, and instead of asking for another, he took the last piece of pancake between his fingers, dragged it through the syrup and popped it in his mouth.

Meanwhile, I'm smashing my foot into my sister's and pinching her thigh under the table. We had to go!

So he says, "Y'all ain't eat much. What you wanna do now? Is there a park around here we can hang out in? Let's take some pictures."

Obviously this guy thought he was getting a 2 for 1 deal.

I said, "Ok sure."

So he gets in his car, we get into my sister's so he can follow us. About a mile into the trip, she ran a red light, made a u-turn and got us the hell out of there. LMAO!

He immediately started texting me asking what happened .. where'd we go?

I never responded. He was just so gross! My sister refers to him as The Cyclops.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    He picked me up in a blue hatchback, the church music he played was so loud I heard him before he rang the door bell.
    He never asked me what I wanted to eat, we talked about "Sweet Jesus" until we arrived at The Chicken Coop
    I stood in line (yes I said in line, I was soooo over dressed for this) He ordered for me
    3 wings and fries, it came up to $5.99 He didnt want to break a $10 so I gave him a dollar out my purse.
    There was a breast, a drum stick and a wing in the bag. He asked for the breast.
    He pulled up to a soda machine, got me a Coke. When I popped it open he sweating like a pig asked for a sip.
    He than asked for the wing I nimbled off of, I passed it to him and told him to keep the soda.
    He drove around a lake (beautiful lake) my son was sleep and asked me for a kiss.
    I got out his car, pulled my sleeping son out the back seat and walked over to a bunch of guys talking at a picnic table.
    I (at the time didnt know where I was, just had moved here 2 months prior) asked them how far Old Columbus Road was.
    It turns out it wasnt far at all, I told the nice guy name Tim what happend , he laughed the whole way driving me home.

OH MY GOSH CHARLIE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My favorite "worst date" was when a man asked me to dinner and a very nice restaurant (got all dressed up), we got there, sat down, and his first statement was "go ahead and order anything, I'm not hungry." Begrudgingly, I gave him a (what was very uncomfortable) second date.

Oh! Because we barely ordered anything, I wasn't sure if he was even going to tip our waitress, so I went around the corner to find her and tipped her myself.
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Worst date I've ever been on didn't actually happen. I was waiting for the guy (my boyfriend at the time actually) to pick me up for a dinner and then go see some fireworks at 10pm. It's 1030 and he hasn't shown up and I go about to make other plans assuming he ditched out. Then close to 11 o clock at night my friend calls me telling me my date is in jail and asking me to help bail him out. Lovely. I would have rather gotten stood up.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i went on a 4th date with a guy that started ok, but by like 8p he was drinking pretty heavily and by 11p and completely and utterly passed out.

that was probably my worst. i had one date eat all of his food and then finish all of mine too! LOL
  • allisonrozsa
    Options

I'm so sorry!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It was with a guy I worked with at the time. We had been flirty and chatty with one another for probably a month or so before he finally asked me out. He asked me if dinner at Olive Garden and a movie was okay - I said yes. Date started off well. Then we get to Olive Garden. I'm looking at the menu and say "Have you ever had ___ (something on the menu, which I do not recall now as it has been YEARS since this happened)? and he said "Yes, it is good. Get it if you want it". So, I decide I will and close the menu. The waitress walks up, he orders first and just as I go to order, he says "You brought your money didn't you? I'm buying MY dinner, but NOT yours". I had only brought $10 or so with me because I was under the impression he was paying as I'd NEVER been asked on a date before and the guy didn't pay. Had *I* asked, I would have paid!

He sat in front of me eating a full meal while I ate salad, breadsticks and drank water because it was all I could afford. I went to the bathroom in the middle of dinner, called my mom and asked her to pick me up. I paid my bill quietly and left.
  • allisonrozsa
    Options
    Ouch. I'm sorry
  • lmtrevin77
    lmtrevin77 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    for a first date once, i went to her apt. to pick her up...walked inside, and noticed her dog laying by the window on the other side of the apt. i thought it was a tad bit strange the he didnt meet me at the door let alone bark at me. i asked if there was something wrong with the dog, and she said, "no he died a few days ago, and i just havent had the time to bury him". i was like WTF!
    :noway:

You win. All of my bad dates seem pretty insignificant now. :embarassed:
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    for a first date once, i went to her apt. to pick her up...walked inside, and noticed her dog laying by the window on the other side of the apt. i thought it was a tad bit strange the he didnt meet me at the door let alone bark at me. i asked if there was something wrong with the dog, and she said, "no he died a few days ago, and i just havent had the time to bury him". i was like WTF!

I dont know whether to laugh or be horrified :noway:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    With my husband.

We met when we were 15 & 18 and have been married for almost 33 years so it's all good!

One date we went out with friends to 'Taco Friday' at a dive on the lake that was also a bait shop. We had fun but then I ended up with food poisoning that lasted 4-5 days. On the plus side, I lost 10lbs. lol I learned that you never, ever eat at a restaurant that also sells bait.

Prom night in umm I'd say 1977 or 78,, we were both dressed up, heading to the dance and his jacked up camaro( yes, back then you put big, wide tires on your hotrods and somehow raised the rear end up, don't ask me why or how! lol) got 2 flat tires. Then an ice storm hit. We couldn't find anyone to help us so we just stood there in our nice clothes and laughed it off. Once we got the tires fixed, there was so much ice in the parking lot that we couldn't get up the small hill to exit it. So then we had to push it. We ended up making it to prom and even had pictures taken but we don't look too happy in them!

The last bad date we had, we went to a movie and my hubby got sick from the 3D movie and nearly barfed the entire drive home and ended up with a severe migraine. Needless to say we missed dinner that night. I felt so bad for him that I didn't mind.

We date a lot so 3 bad ones in 35 years is ok with me. :)
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh.. These are funny and terrible at the same time!

I went out with a guy a while back who seemed fantastic. Polite, thoughtful, smart and cute. So, we get to the restaraunt and he fast walks to the door, walks right in without me(meaning he didn't bother to hold the door). I followed him in and we were seated. At this point, he hadn't even made eye contact with me yet. I couldn't make conversation with him because he was on his damn cell phone and the only time he looked up was to check out women as they walked by.
    When it was time to order, I started to talk and he interrupted me to order his food. We didn't talk AT ALL through the whole meal.
    I wasn't expecting him to pay, but shockingly he did but of course seriously cheaped out on the tip. Then he asked me what I wanted to do next. I think he should have understood from the look on my face that I wasn't having it, but he said "Night in then? My house?" I said something about being tired and having to be up early the next morning. He tried to kiss me and I turned my face away.

Later on he texted me saying what a good time he has and how we had to go out again ASAP.
    I didn't respond. I still get a "Hey babe!" text from him every so often.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I was taken to a Hyla banquet. 7 freaking hours of listening to people talk about how many over prices vacuums they sold that quarter.

I wanted to burn the building down with everyone in it
  • Rickly
    Rickly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in Bangkok of all places, and a friend of a friend fixed me up with her friend. When I met her in my hotel lobby she just looked at me and turned around and walked off. I followed her, because I really had nothing better to do. She went into the coffee shop, sat down, looked at the waiter, pointed at me and said, "American breakfast." Then she told me that I had to change hotels, because the one I'd picked was really just for hookers. I couldn't believe my ears, it was all so weird.

That was 1992. We've been married 19 years now and have 2 kids. Ya just never know! I'd give the girl with the dead dog another chance.....
  • AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband and I had split up before I found out I was pregnant. An old friend had been calling me and we were having great conversations. I told him I was pregnant. Thought that would keep him from wanting to go out, but we went out...2 hour date - it was torture. He spent the whole time telling me about the dates he'd been on with these wonderful women and how much he missed his ex. I went home and decided I was through with men. (I remarried when my son was 1 and 1/2, but that night kept me away from dating until I fell for my husband.) :drinker:
  • lmtrevin77
    lmtrevin77 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I did once have a date with a guy who picked me up in a truck that had the passenger side door tied closed with a rope. It had bucket seats and was standard so I had to climb over the driver side and middle console. Luckily, I was wearing jeans.
    Then we got to the movies and he ordered one large drink for us to "share." I just said I wasn't thirsty.
    After the movie, he refused to take me home and instead took me to a house he shared with six other guys and several reptiles...snakes, iguanas, etc. It was then that he told me about being on probation for various drug offenses and how now that he was clean and sober he was fighting his ex girlfriend for custody of his daughter.
    I called a friend and had her come pick me up. As I left, I told him that things just were not going to work out, but I tried to keep it civil since he knew where I lived. That was the last time I ever let a first date pick me up at home.
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That was 1992. We've been married 19 years now and have 2 kids. Ya just never know! I'd give the girl with the dead dog another chance.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: