Heart Attack Grill claims another victim...

Options

Replies

• jcarnes66
    jcarnes66 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    "SuperSize Me!!!!" - what an eye opening movie.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    This food establishment does have disclaimers...and it is a business out to make money...I am sure this woman had preexisting medical conditions...I do not blame the restaurant....its not the one burger that did this...but years of abuse to her body...WAKE UP call I hope!!!

Well, it's not a wake up call to her. She's dead.

The article States she is recovering....not dead!
    And this can be a wake up call for thousands....myself included..

Well we see how well my reading comprehension is a day after. :laugh: That's a relief though.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be proud to work there!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options

All Supersize Me proved is that eating thousands of calories a day will make you fat and sick. Fatheads shows it is not the food that is the problem but how much a person eats.
  • RestartThisRight
    Options
    I get that people make there own decisions to eat here (though is disgusts me to no end), but it makes me sad when parents take their kids here too.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    We have TONS of heart attack grills out there in disguise. They are called "BUFFETS".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

That's deep!
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    there is almost no way she could have had that heart attack expressly because of where she was eating. this is such a BS article that's using correlation to create sensationalism. correlation =/= causation.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I have been to the one in Chandler AZ. It was fun because they gown you up and your waitress is dressed up as a nurse. Would I ever go back? Who knows, but I do know I did not eat for the rest of the day and I haven't yet been back since. They feed you for free if you wear over 350 pounds and there was someone there eating for free which is scary. I guess I thought it was fun as a novelty but I worry about anyone who would want to go there on a regular basis.

This makes me really sad. Why would they want to encourage people who are extremely obese to keep doing harm to their bodies? Sick a-holes who want to use a gimmick to make a quick buck, that's who. *shudders*

Why does everyone have to blame a company for an individual's actions? In this day and age, you would have to be in a coma to not realize that a poor diet, alcohol, smoking, and other vices have a negative impact on your health. Yes, it's a gimmick... welcome to the world of marketing and free trade. Guess what... millions of people choose NOT to take advantage of their free food campaign. So maybe the blame should really lie with the person who made their free-will choice. Trust me, many of those obese people who take that free food offer really don't care about the damage they're doing anyways, and without that particular restaurant, would get their 10,000 calories somewhere else.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I get that people make there own decisions to eat here (though is disgusts me to no end), but it makes me sad when parents take their kids here too.

I agree... it's like making the kids sit in the car while they smoke ..... the kids have no choice, and end up paying the price.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

All Supersize Me proved is that eating thousands of calories a day will make you fat and sick. Fatheads shows it is not the food that is the problem but how much a person eats.

And since both of the guys who did these movies were qualified nutritional experts and conducted long-term, double-blind clinical studies...oh wait.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread. There has only been one, which was originally in Chandler, but they moved to Vegas, because let's face it,...If you are going to make a profit on excess that's the place to do it! There were several imitations, but the owner was able to have them shut down. We ate there on the way to Sedona (literally on our 10th anniversary, I know you're thinking my wife won the lotto! :-)

It's simple, decadent and you cannot get lettuce on your burger. I'm literally wearing my t-shirt from there as I type. At the time I weighed over 350 so I ate for free and while you can eat all you want (one single at a time) I could not eat more than one single and part of my wife's. It was a novelty one time thing, but would not happen now as I'm gluten free and never want to be that big again.

You can't blame the grill, where's personal responsibility? Get online and check out some of your tastier dishes from Outback, Applebees, Red Robbin and Chili's etc etc and you'll see plenty of 1000-1500+ calorie meals.

Let's face it, most of us are on this site because we are starting to take responsibility, but I didn't get to 371 because I was being nutritionally observant.

Relax, hope she gets better and learns.
    Ps...she did not die the article said she was recovering. But look at the free press. Heart Attack Grill has never had to advertise, so they must be doing something that folks want. The scantily clad nurses/servers probably are not a big draw either. (insert Sarcasm), or the beer or the butter fat shakes, or the syrupy full sugar sodas along with lucky strike cigarettes.

Pss... for a really good burger go to Lindy's on fourth ave. downtown Tucson AZ. Now that's a burger.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    That's my kind of place, I'd love to eat there :-)
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I would eat there. Hunks of dead animal dripping with grease sounds just fine to me (but then, it's that time of the month).

As long as there is 100% full disclosure (Our burgers will kill you) it's silly to think that the corporation has any responsibility to keep us healthy. Who wants to live in a nanny state??

And I think it's great people over 350 get to eat for free. They're freaking people too and it gets expensive maintaining that kind of figure. Let them live. The restaurant is not rounding them up and throwing burgers at them- obviously if a person that obese is eating there they are not ready lose weight anyway. Or maybe they're happy the way they are. WHO CARES, it's their decision.

BTW- Whoever mentioned the McD's coffee lawsuit... that coffee was legit way too hot. She had third degree burns all over her thighs/groin. McD's kept it way too hot to keep it "fresh" longer or something like that.
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options

I agree... it's like making the kids sit in the car while they smoke ..... the kids have no choice, and end up paying the price.

I agree with both of you and have to add that not only do the kids have no choice but what are they being taught by being at dining establishments like this?? Childhood obesity is running rampant, we need to teach kids about good nutrition by talking to them and by example. Of course, we can't always know what they eat when out with their friends but if they are informed we can hope kids will make healthy choices most of the time. Okay, rant over :wink: .
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one now craving giant cheeseburgers?
    Me too, I would still eat there
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    From what I've read, they literally have a sign in the establishment that says that this food is bad for you. It'd like the surgeon general warning on cigarettes. It informs you of the harm, if you choose to forgo that warning and do it anyway no one is going to stop you (as long as you are of legal age of course) so, I actully will go against the grain and say that I do not believe there is anything wrong with this place. And for what it's worth you can have a 5,000 cal meal practically anywhere. I choose not to, but if someone would like to that is completely ok with me.
  • patranus
    patranus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    there is almost no way she could have had that heart attack expressly because of where she was eating. this is such a BS article that's using correlation to create sensationalism. correlation =/= causation.

Exactly.
    It was the sum of her entire lifestyle not the one action of eating the burger.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    MMMMMM CHEESEBURGERS

krispy-kreme-bacon-cheddar-cheeseburgers.jpg

This made me drool a little.

I'd hit it.

This is the reason I work out. so I can eat this stuff every once in awhile. Live a little people
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt that single meal is what caused her to have a heart attack. It's not about the single meal, rather then lifestyle. She was probably going to keel over that day regardless of where she ate.

That being said. Gross. No way I could eat that crap.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    s-HEART-ATTACK-GRILL-large.jpg

I'd hit it