Reached my goal! One year, 60lb lost and a whole new me.

Options
aleexFIT
aleexFIT Posts: 77 Member
I feel fantastic to finally be able to make this post. I've made one small thread of my own when I had completed most of my journey, and have reached my goal weight for a while now - but I wanted to hold out until today when I completed my first ever half-marathon.

Last year I was 185lb, unhappy & unhealthy when I joined MFP and decided to make a change. I was completely lacking in confidence, didn't believe I was pretty enough for anyone and constantly snacked on food which my body just did not need. I had no idea about the poor nutritional content of much of the foodI was consuming.

It has not just been a change in the way I eat and my nutrition, but also in my exercise and also my lifestyle. I would NEVER in a million years choose to go back to my old eating habits. I now have more energy, more confidence and feel so much better about myself.

It has taken me ~a year but I am now 135lb. Today I completed a half-marathon in 2 hours 10 minutes (in very bad weather conditions, I believe I could have done it in 2 hours had they not been so bad) and I could not be more proud of myself! :)

Here are some "old" photos

2010a.jpg
edinburgh10.jpg

Now some new ones!

DSCF1731.jpg
555534_10150813533140021_588860020_11940371_42519412_n.jpg
DSCF25952.jpg

and finally my victory picture from today (I was too cold and wet to get one straight after the race so waited until I got home!)

DSCF2738.jpg

If I can do it you can too! :)

Edited to say.... I'm 19 and 5'7.

Replies

• PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    you look SOOO pretty now! you just made me feel inspired all over again at the end of a bad day of Binging! thanks!

i was on the verge of breaking down and crying because i felt that bad..and now your post made me feel inspired again and to make me feel like working out!!
  • SuzieZimm
    SuzieZimm Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    wow you are beautiful! what a fantastic journey! (P.S. i'm so jealous of that red dress...you rock it!) Congratulations :smile:
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Excellent run time and excellent weight loss!! You are beautiful in the before and after photos. You look very healthy now though and I bet your running got better by leaps and bounds for every pound you lost! Great job :)

How tall are you?
  • thejesspress
    thejesspress Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!! So inspiring! Congrats! :)
  • katisabanana
    katisabanana Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic, and i love your style. :) i can't wait til i'm small enough to buy stylish clothes, and have them look right.
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    U look sooooo pretty :flowerforyou:

Well done!!!

Amazing transformation!
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    truely incredible!
  • LauraCR1990
    LauraCR1990 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love your story! you have done so well!! congrats on the half marathon, that's an amazing achievement! :happy:

how tall are you by the way?
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Very well done! :)
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl.. Great job... Very motivating for us still doing it... You should be very proud of yourself.. Thanks for sharing.. :smile:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Wow you are so beautiful! And congrats on all your hard work! You look so amazing! You are definitely an inspiration!
  • aleexFIT
    aleexFIT Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone.

Oh I forgot to add, I'm 19 & 5'7 tall. :-)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! What a HUGE difference! You should be very proud of yourself you hot thing you!
  • Mendham07945
    Mendham07945 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...you are beautiful AND healthy! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing! You are beautiful!
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    Holy swear words. You were gorgeous before but WOW! One of the most impressive transformations I've seen. So inspiring! Can't wait to make this post myself!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    you've done it. really really fantastic work. i'm sure you(and others, specially boys) are enjoying the way you look and feel
  • NJ64a
    NJ64a Posts: 13
    Options
    Very well done! Your before and after pictures show an amazing transformation. You have worked so hard to lose the 50lbs and to complete your half marathon. You should feel so proud of yourself. Ps You were pretty to start with - I hope you realise that now.
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!
    I also want to second what a pp said.. you were always beautiful, now you glow (with confidence)! Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!