Reached my goal! One year, 60lb lost and a whole new me.

Options

Replies

• kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, congrats !!
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Holy crap you look amazing!!! Congrats :D You really have inspired me :):):)
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    Love the post-race pic, and you look amazing!!
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    awesome, very inspirational.. those are great outifts! I can't wait to wear stuff like that ! great job again!
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Not only did you lose weight, you look amazing and have an AWESOME fashion sense! Tell us what you did ;)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! !! You are a lovely young woman and should be so proud of what you've accomplished!
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    wow you are such an inspiration to me. thanks for posting!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I feel fantastic to finally be able to make this post. I've made one small thread of my own when I had completed most of my journey, and have reached my goal weight for a while now - but I wanted to hold out until today when I completed my first ever half-marathon.

Last year I was 185lb, unhappy & unhealthy when I joined MFP and decided to make a change. I was completely lacking in confidence, didn't believe I was pretty enough for anyone and constantly snacked on food which my body just did not need. I had no idea about the poor nutritional content of much of the foodI was consuming.

It has not just been a change in the way I eat and my nutrition, but also in my exercise and also my lifestyle. I would NEVER in a million years choose to go back to my old eating habits. I now have more energy, more confidence and feel so much better about myself.

It has taken me ~a year but I am now 135lb. Today I completed a half-marathon in 2 hours 10 minutes (in very bad weather conditions, I believe I could have done it in 2 hours had they not been so bad) and I could not be more proud of myself! :)

Here are some "old" photos

2010a.jpg
    edinburgh10.jpg

Now some new ones!

DSCF1731.jpg
    555534_10150813533140021_588860020_11940371_42519412_n.jpg
    DSCF25952.jpg

and finally my victory picture from today (I was too cold and wet to get one straight after the race so waited until I got home!)

DSCF2738.jpg

If I can do it you can too! :)

Edited to say.... I'm 19 and 5'7.

oh sweetie.......you look soooooooo BEAUTIFUL!:flowerforyou:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Congrats.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    That's totally awesome. Congrats on your awesome transformation. Keep up the great work.
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're my age, height and at my goal weight ^_^ I hope I look as amazing as you when I get there! :flowerforyou:
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    w2g!
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Great job you should be so proud of yourself and you look AMAZING!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! You are very pretty! EXCELLENT JOB AND CONGRATS!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS awesome you look great
  • Newlyweds
    Newlyweds Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on both the weight loss and half marathon, that is wonderful. Your inspiring me so much, I am also 5'7 and would love to get down to 135. Again congrats to you, your beautiful!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    you rock girl
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow!!!! u look amazing!!!! this is one of the best transformations i have seen !!! im so happy for u!!! :)
  • amibeachcomber
    Options
    Wow! :noway: You look amazing! Great before and after photos. You deserve to be proud of yourself on a job well done! All the best to you.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Great progress with your before and after pics!

Congratulations on the weight loss and the half-marathon!

:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!