• BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Checking in for May

exercise.png
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'd love to, but I have no idea how to know how many miles I've walked. If I get one of those pedometer thingies is it a reliable measure and is one brand better than another? I have to vary my walk a lot, because I get bored with the scenery, so it's not like I can just measure out a course with my car and then walk it every day (I've done it that way).
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm in again!!! As I made it to my goal last month I've decided to up the miles from 210 to 230. I've also done my first 5 miles. Ticker attached and updated.

exercise.png
  • stewiejrt
    stewiejrt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OK, I am new and will go for 80 miles of walking with the dog!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'd love to, but I have no idea how to know how many miles I've walked. If I get one of those pedometer thingies is it a reliable measure and is one brand better than another? I have to vary my walk a lot, because I get bored with the scenery, so it's not like I can just measure out a course with my car and then walk it every day (I've done it that way).

You can look up your distance on google map. That's what I do to find new running routes.
  • steppran
    steppran Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi - This sounds like some much needed motivation on my end. How do I get started? Where do I get the ticker and input my goals/progress? Thanks!
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options

You can look up your distance on google map. That's what I do to find new running routes.

OH that's brilliant and I love not spending money on one more gadget. However, it won't work for the walks we take in the park where I live, since Googlemaps doesn't show mileage beyond the entrance gate (hard to believe, but there are still places that Google can't or won't go). I'll figure out how to work around it.
  • kimberenee
    kimberenee Posts: 21
    Options
    Count me in again! Thanks to everyone for keeping this challange going. It definitely motivates me to move!

May goal= 100 miles! :flowerforyou:
  • luvmycoffee
    luvmycoffee Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    3.5 miles today

56.5 to go! :wink:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    2.87 miles at lunch more tonight...
    2.87/80 complete
    denise
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge if its not to late. My goal for the month of May will be 50 miles:smile:

exercise.png
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge if it is not to late . Since I'm new to this I would like to set my challenge to 50 miles:smile:
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Had a nice walk at the park.

exercise.png

San :)
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    There's a spreadsheet where I keep track of your progress at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As57uSwFQUGJdC1OU0dvNEdQSXpWQzhfYjdTb1plWnc&pli=1#gid=57

I suggest you add this to your bookmarks. For many people - including myself - checking the challenge stats can be a very powerful motivational tool.

@ jts10: Hiking miles certainly count
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    I am in for my 100 miles this month and will make it!
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options

exercise.png

Started with a short run this morning in Cordoba.
  • Hellcatinheels
    Options
    A newbie, but I'm in. My goal is 60 miles this month. I'm thinking it will be a combo of ellpitical (arc trainer) and recumbent biking.

exercise.png
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    To get an exercise ticker.

Go to: www.tickerfactory.com
    Choose: Exercise & Fitness Ticker
    Pick your ticker background and icon.
    On the next page you have to complete all the fields
    Then when you click next, a page is displayed that has the code on it.
    Copy the bb code (what's in the box.)
    Come back here and paste it in your post.

Every time you want to update, you will need to go back to tickerfactory and enter your password, update the miles(kms) and then copy and paste again.
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Please add me for 40 miles this month. I had chest infection in March. So took April off. Hopefully will be back to running again. As I have collected some pounds around my tummy.
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm kicking off day one with a 7 mile walk in the beautiful sunshine!

Ticker update

exercise.png