For those of you that drink coffee

Options

Replies

• shaX07
    shaX07 Posts: 28
    Options
    I've been putting in Bailey's Fat Free Creamer (They have Original Irsh Creme and French Vanilla in the fat free variety).

With 16oz of Coffee, I usually put in 4Tbs of my creamer, which comes out to 100 calories worth. I know this sounds like a lot, but I don't need to any sweetener with the 4Tbs of creamer. On the days where I want extra sweet, I just put in a couple Tsps of Sugar and call it good.

I find that drinking coffee actually reduces my appetite significantly, therefor I find that there's no sense in getting overly obsessed with what I put into my coffee. If adding 150 calories of creamer/sugar to my coffee keeps me from eating a whole bunch of random food, it's surely worth the trade off.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    French Press all the way! You get such a better flavor and it is not bitter at all. I use to use soooo much sugar with drip and now and I don't have to use any!
  • KathleenIves
    Options
    I agree~! the true taste of coffee is wonderful and I found it by accident. 4 years ago caught at a very cold graduation outside my choices were coffee ofr hot chocolate-knowing I oculd not "afford" the hot choclate claories I opted for coffee (which I had given up dur to my need of half-half-I was pleasantly surprised and now I choose to drink coffee with a jsut a 1/4 t. of splenda. Try it you might love it!
  • kpwatson
    kpwatson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I use a little of the extra rich walmart brand creamer( this is my favorite). 1 to 1 1/2 stevia, and a little soy , almond or coconut milk per mug . I brew my coffee strong . You can also add a like vanilla extract ( just a very little) if you are hooked on vanilla flavoring.
    I did not like stevia at first, but cannot use the other artificial sweeteners I found out recently. So I started weaning from 2 tsp of sugar to agave, then stevia. I have grown accustomed to it because I did not like drinking all my calories up. ( I am down to 2 mugs a day!) You can do it! Where there is a will, there is a way!
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    I don't log my coffee at all. I have 4 cups a day. I put 1/4 cup of milk and 3 TBS of sugar in my thermos and that is for all 4 cups. I probably should log it though, but I workout a lot and eat close to my required calories without the exercise.
  • NatGnat
    NatGnat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1-2 Tablespoon(s) half and half and 1 packet of stevia. Sometimes just 1 packet of stevia.
  • madmex569
    madmex569 Posts: 49
    Options
    i tried nonfat milk. tastes terrible. if you are cutting calories in your diet throughout the day, reg creamer is fine. But i did cut out the sugar and now use splenda.
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    you only have one cup per day, enjoy it! Isn't that only about 35 calories? I know you are looking for a substitute but keep thinking lifestyle change and moderation. One cup a day isn't going to kill your goals and if it makes you feel less deprived it might even help keep you motivated.

THIS 35 calories isn't going to make or break you.
  • deez2015
    deez2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For those of you that drink coffee, what do you put in it? I am addicted to the French Vanilla Coffeemate. I have tried to switch to the sugar free or the fat free and I think it kind of ruins the taste of my coffee. I need ideas that are lower in sugar and that taste good. I gotta have my coffee and I really want to enjoy it, I only have one cup a day.

I love French Vanilla! Have you tried the French Vanilla coffee with just a little coffeemate or low fat/fat free creamer?
  • lauralaurafish
    lauralaurafish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think I might be the only person in the world who drinks a whole cup of 2% milk with just two teaspoons of instant coffee and one of sugar. I can't stand coffee, it gives me heartburn, and I am very sensitive to it (gives me the shakes), so I only drink it when I need the caffeine (finals week, like right now). So I guess it would be "Cafe con Leche."
    I would never in a million years try black coffee. The bitterness would kill me, not to mention I would probably get an ulcer... lol
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Not sure it is enough cals to worry about...I use half and half and Sweet & Low and I like a lot of half and half so mine ends up more cals than yours and I am doing well with my diet.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    sugar and creamer, usually fat free but I love almost all of them. It's the one thing I will NOT give up.
  • Mogwai1985
    Options
    I never thought I could drink black coffee. It was something that took alot of determination. I find using flavored coffee such as hazelnut or french vanilla make drinking black coffee easier.
  • drmcclish
    drmcclish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Stevia also has a french vanilla packet. I use that and a little fat free half n half.
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Before I started this I'd drink a 16 oz mug of coffee with a half cup of milk, and about six Tbs of sugar. Now I drink my coffee in 8oz teacups either hot and black, or wit ha packet or two of stevia in the raw. though I do sometimes treat myself with some blond coffee
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I stopped adding sugar decades ago. I use only skim or 1% milk. The key is good coffee, because low fat milk is not very forgiving.

I know someone who uses Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup. I believe it has Sucralose.
  • Vi0l33t
    Options
    French Press all the way! You get such a better flavor and it is not bitter at all. I use to use soooo much sugar with drip and now and I don't have to use any!

I love french press coffee! I need to replace ours since the glass got broken, but when I find one i'm all over it!
  • Vi0l33t
    Options
    One thing about black coffee, you see people here saying it's about the coffee and it's right, good coffee is unmatched, the best coffee for drinking black, I've found, is French Roast.
  • zanmarie
    zanmarie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I drink about 50/50 coffee and lowfat milk, with a tablespoon of syrup. I find coffee to be very bitter. This is actually a reduction in sugar for me. I prefer lattes with a lot of flavoring. ;) Oh, and I don't use artificial sweeteners - just don't care for them.
  • 4845rossst
    Options
    Buy a milk foamer and use skim milk to foam the milk. Heat in microwave and pour coffee on top. Makes your non fat coffee way more fun