For those of you that drink coffee

Options

Replies

• 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    For those of you that drink coffee, what do you put in it? I am addicted to the French Vanilla Coffeemate. I have tried to switch to the sugar free or the fat free and I think it kind of ruins the taste of my coffee. I need ideas that are lower in sugar and that taste good. I gotta have my coffee and I really want to enjoy it, I only have one cup a day.

I use 4 tbsp of Half and Half and 2 tsp of Stevia extract for my 16 oz of coffee. Sometimes I make bulletproof coffee by adding 1 tbsp of unsalted butter to it.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I will either drink it black, or if i am not in the mood for that, i'll put skim milk and one packet of sugar
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I like variety. Sometimes I drink coffee black. Sometimes with Natural Bliss (all natural) coffee creamer. Rarely I add sugar. Most times I drink it with Elite Gourmet Vanilla or Milk Chocolate protein powder.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I used to have skim milk, but have since started taking it black, nothing added. I compensate with some flavored or special coffee's like Kona at times.
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Usually skim milk, but the silk pure coconut vanilla is good too and a packet of stevia in the raw
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    I say just keep it like it is, I did!! I made alot of changes in my diet and I'm proud of myself, but why do I have to change the one thing I really enjoy and u only have one cup a day, u burn those calores probably cleaning house, drink away, I have a tbsp. of dry creamer and a tbsp. of creme brulee everyday and have lost 14lbs!!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Black coffee.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I drink mine black (always have) but i would suggest maybe trying the vanilla silk.
  • EmmEfff
    EmmEfff Posts: 14
    Options
    you only have one cup per day, enjoy it! Isn't that only about 35 calories? I know you are looking for a substitute but keep thinking lifestyle change and moderation. One cup a day isn't going to kill your goals and if it makes you feel less deprived it might even help keep you motivated.

Yep. So true.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I use either So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer in French Vanilla or Coffemate's Belgian chocolate toffee creamer. 1 or 2 tablespoons depending on the amount of coffee.

I also got a Keurig recently and the french vanilla coffee is good too. I can drink that black, but I prefer it with creamer still.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I was obviously the only person who read this thread and immediately thought 'whisky'. ☕
  • kristi3565
    Options
    I couldn't agree more with the person who says to just drink what you enjoy. Creamer isn't aweful for you and is only 35 calories. You can't give up EVERYTHING you enjoy, I think that sets you up for failure. Good luck!
  • des24rob
    des24rob Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    lowfat/skim milk and raw sugar
  • fruitful9
    fruitful9 Posts: 32
    Options
    USE WHOLE MILK....full fat has more flavor and many times I can skip the sugar :)
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You could always try vanilla soy milk or almond milk. Both are heathly alternatives to dairy and are low in calorie/sugar. I think Silk may even have a light verson of the vanilla soy milk. Another idea would be honey.
  • zoeelizabeths
    zoeelizabeths Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Half a cup of milk and sugar free coffee syrup (Torani etc...). I make espresso though so it's a little different from black coffee. Sometimes I will use a hot chocolate powder to sweeten it up.
  • cancousins
    cancousins Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use 1 1/2 packets of sugar twin and 1 tbsp of 10% cream
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    tbs or 1/2 tbs. of whipping cream
  • saugonda1
    saugonda1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    don't change anything.... You will be Fine
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    If i put anything, i put 2% milk or bolthouse mocha protein shake instead of cream. Gives it a nice chocolatey flavor without being too sweet. I usually have it black though.