For those of you that drink coffee

Options

Replies

• CarpeDiam
    Options
    Try only using one Tablespoon of french vanilla (35 calories), and another 2 tablespoon of non-fat milk (10 calories) and your sugar. Coffee has about 5 calories so you can have your coffee with the flavor you want for under 100 calories. Hope this helps.
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    since i only drink one cup a day i allow myself to have it the way i like it. it's one of those things i feel is ok. 2 flavored creamers and 2 packets of splenda. :) CHEERS!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I do some 2% milk and half a teaspoon of real vanilla extract. Try to avoid artificial sweetener and other ingredients, and coffeemate is pretty artificial. Reading the back of it puts me off.
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    Chocolate protein powder! I used to just drink coffee all the live long day, coffee for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so eating breakfast just doesn't sound good some days... or is hard to stomach. A half scoop of protein powder in my coffee helps make protein powder less icky and my coffee more like a mocha.
  • TorridSkies4
    Options
    I use two teaspoons of sugar in the raw and unsweetened almond milk. It comes out to like 40 calories :)
  • MummatoAlex
    Options
    I use Splenda and fat free half and half.
  • kskostamikel
    Options
    I use half & half and splenda, but I drink quite a bit of coffee. If you only have one cup a day I wouldn't worry too much about it!
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Black, with 1 tsp of cane sugar per 8oz of coffee...

I used to hate coffee without creamer, the key was just finding the right blend to make
  • eviltwinkie
    eviltwinkie Posts: 153
    Options
    Lately at work, 2 espresso shots, 1 shot of water, and so delicious original coconut creamer. I use a nespresso machine at work and lately have been using refillable capsul'in caps, putting my own grind in it. The machine takes up the same footprint as a small desk size coffee maker.

At home, either the same or a 'long shot' of espresso on a trio machine (ese pods), also with coconut creamer, sometimes with 1/4 t. dutch processed cocoa (no sugar.) you have to take a tinch of the creamer FIRST with the cocoa, make a sludge ball, then pull the coffee (or it's so fine it never blends right, sounds weird, but it's way easier this way.) The cocoa gives it an extra oomph on creaminess.

If you really enjoy it, look at ways to still encorporate it.

Me, I focus on good coffee (tho not admittedly the best, I don't want to get into the whole fancy grinder thing.) Good coffee doesn't need much flavoring. I like the creaminess that creamer gives to it, but I only put about 1 T creamer in my drinks. I find the less quality the coffee, the more creamer I dump in it. And a nice sweet italian espresso isn't bitter... a little cream just enhances it, but shouldn't be 'needed.' When I drink the Kcups at work (ok in a pinch), it just NEEDS creamer of some sort.

Mmmm... now I need some espresso...
  • nekochanpurr
    Options
    I usually use 2% milk and one tsp of sugar. :) If its flavored coffee (like pumpkin or Strawberry. :D ) then i'll put natural bliss sweet creme instead of milk..
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    you only have one cup per day, enjoy it! Isn't that only about 35 calories? I know you are looking for a substitute but keep thinking lifestyle change and moderation. One cup a day isn't going to kill your goals and if it makes you feel less deprived it might even help keep you motivated.

This^^^^ exactly! My coffee creamer is my one "refuse to give up" food and besides, I need to enjoy my coffee... my family doesn't care much for the Momma Bear routine that comes without it! :)
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I doubt your one cup will make that much of a difference. I used to drink mine with 2 sugars and 2 full fat creamers. Now I do the fat free vanilla or another flavour. I agree with the poser about maybe cutting back and mixing with a little milk until your taste buds get used to it but I wouldnt sweat it
  • yeoman3
    yeoman3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am the same way with my coffee. I use the creamer I want and Sweet n Low. I figure that is one thing I will splurge on and just eat fewer calories during the day.
  • emma110984
    emma110984 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i'm a decaf, skimmed milk 2 tablet sweetener kind of gal... with my caf sensitivity, I have to be!!
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein powder! I used to just drink coffee all the live long day, coffee for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so eating breakfast just doesn't sound good some days... or is hard to stomach. A half scoop of protein powder in my coffee helps make protein powder less icky and my coffee more like a mocha.

mmmm will have to try this! :) thanks!
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    EAS Rich Dark Chocolate... it's my breakfast. Two 8oz cups with one EAS with ice. mmmmm
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Too easy...I use Soy milk (chocolate for flavor) and splenda....YUMMY...I was addicted to creamers and sugars too but I switched up on my intake and been doing well with it...hope you finally made your coffee tasty in an under calorie way:flowerforyou:

12146223.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I use half and half or heavy cream, I use a good bit too. Not only does the higher fat content keep your coffee stay warm longer, but it also keeps your body satisfied longer, so no snacking at 10am.

Some of the smartest and healthiest people I know (like Kymmu on here) use grassfed butter and/or coconut oil.
    Be natural, you can't trick your body. Splenda is made with chlorine. derrrrrr.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    you only have one cup per day, enjoy it! Isn't that only about 35 calories? I know you are looking for a substitute but keep thinking lifestyle change and moderation. One cup a day isn't going to kill your goals and if it makes you feel less deprived it might even help keep you motivated.

I'm in agreement! I have one or two cups in the morning. I log everything I put in my body! But this is a lifestyle change and I have to be able to live with this long term, so there are some things I'm not giving up, like my coffee in the morning. I did give up other things, though, like my diet dr. pepper ... ;)

This...except I occasionally drink a can of diet. dr. pepper once a month or so
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I buy the International Delights single creamers (so I limit myself) and a packet of Splenda.