Replies

• dunkah
    dunkah Posts: 9
    Options
    Splenda and a tbspn of half and half.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    you only have one cup per day, enjoy it! Isn't that only about 35 calories? I know you are looking for a substitute but keep thinking lifestyle change and moderation. One cup a day isn't going to kill your goals and if it makes you feel less deprived it might even help keep you motivated.

i agree.
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Protein powder sometimes. It's best with iced coffee but works as a great "creamer" in hot coffee as well.

otherwise light half n half or black w/ 1 truvia/stevia.

I'm going to try that one, never thought abt putting my protein shake in my coffee..
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I dont use sugar and just use 1tbs of creamer, trying to cut down on my sugar intake as well..
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I never stopped using my coffee-mate. I spent 3 days that I measured the exact amount I put in my cup. I use 1/4 cup in my 16 ounce cup and 1/3 cup in my 20+ ounce cups. Now I measure it daily and count it. I refuse to give up my creamer.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    2 packets of Stevia.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Use an All-Fat Creamer in Your Coffee
    me, im not a coffee drinker by definition. i dont drink it to jumpstart my day. caffeine doesnt have a stimulant effect on me. but i had been drinking it lately.

if i have it- i drink it with 1 T. heavy cream and splenda.

this information makes me feel better about it:

Millions of women think they’re doing the right thing by using skim milk or fat-free creamer in their coffee, but these dairy products can actually cause weight gain by spiking insulin. Go for full-fat cream instead since dairy fat contains CLA-conjugated linoleic acid, which has been linked to a decrease in stored body fat.

There are some studies that have seen women lose 2-4 pounds a week by making this small change, which also helps prevent afternoon energy dips. Put 2 tablespoons of all-fat cream in your coffee and you’ll actually lower your chance of gaining weight over the course of the year.
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is really good with half a packet of spenda
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bailey's just came out with a creamer that's fantastic...and you can get it Fat Free for only 25 calories. Nice alternative, and it tasted almost like the regular. Tried them at the store yesterday, they were sampling them.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Not a thing! I roast and grind my own, I buy the best organic, free trade, sustainable practices coffee. Why would I want to not then taste that great coffee flavor by adding things to it?? Plus it a calorie free thing when black.

^^^THAT!^^^
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    you only have one cup per day, enjoy it! Isn't that only about 35 calories? I know you are looking for a substitute but keep thinking lifestyle change and moderation. One cup a day isn't going to kill your goals and if it makes you feel less deprived it might even help keep you motivated.

^^^^ I agree!! Why change it? Now if you were going to mcdonalds or starbucks every morning to get a white mocha venti coffee... I would say you might need to change your habits bc those things are HIGH in calories and sugar!! But if its 1 cup a day with 1-2 servings of the vanilla coffeemate.. its not that nigh in calories, give yourself a treat and focuc tighter on other things.. :) especially if its the one thing that you really enjoy.!!!!
  • flopsy1973
    Options
    I don't drink coffee very often but when i do i either have it black or with a small amount of semi skimmed milk in it :~)
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    i drink a 20 oz. quad shot iced americano with no sugar and no cream. It's the kick in the pants i need!
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I do too in the little singles tub, and honestly if you do it in moderation it isnt that bad.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Skim milk and a packet of sugar
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    3 teaspoons of powdered creamer (I know...but I love it) and 2 teaspoons of raw sugar. When I first started my journey into healthy living I was mixing an entire cup of hot milk AND TWO TABLESPOONS of sugar in my coffee. Ugggghhhh!
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    For those of you that drink coffee, what do you put in it? I am addicted to the French Vanilla Coffeemate. I have tried to switch to the sugar free or the fat free and I think it kind of ruins the taste of my coffee. I need ideas that are lower in sugar and that taste good. I gotta have my coffee and I really want to enjoy it, I only have one cup a day.

My favorite is the Coffeemate caramel vanilla. I have 2 cups in the morning....it has NEVER affected my weightloss! So, go ahead and enjoy it! Now, the DD Caramel mocha iced coffees w/cream are a whoooooollllee 'nother story! :wink:
  • mountaingirl222
    Options
    I use Truvia and I measure out 1 tbsp of coffemate french vanilla....its my coffee creamer too
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    perhaps you could try the vanilla almond milk..... its wonderful. 90 calories for a whole cup , so im sure a couple tablespoons would be far less than the creamer... gl

I love vanilla (or chocolate) almond milk in my coffee. I will either use them or 2% milk plus a packet or two of stevia in the raw. I used to drink flavored creamer in my coffee too. But I find that the almond milk is a yummy substitution. :)
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Coffee with French Vanilla anything in it is not coffee.

Black is great, or a little cream and sugar is acceptable. Anything else is wrong, just wrong.