For those of you that drink coffee

Options

Replies

• dtiff
    dtiff Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I also only have one cup a day which I bring to work with me and it helps me have something to be excited about lol... I guess its the little things in life that make me happy : ) I use regular creamer and flavored coffee and regular sugar. So I guess its my splurge, but it makes me too happy to give up ha ha
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black. I usually get a large (2 cups) with extra espresso shots added. Then I drink work coffee which is disgusting... but also black.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Keep it the same. Why mess with a good thing. I refuse to change my coffee creamer. Like you I typically only have one cup in the morning. As long as you can meet your daily calorie goal I wouldn't worry about it.
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Black means all coffee flavor and no guilt. It takes a bit to get used to at first, but then it never contributes to the fat or sugar intake. You would be surprised that you might grow to like it. I did that more than a year ago to make a small change to my diet and I have never regretted it. I love my coffee black!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Torani (found in the coffee isle) comes in sugar free, various flavors: chocolate, French vanilla, raspberry, caramel, hazelnut to name a few~

I love Torani sugar free vanilla syrup! It makes everything taste good with 0 calories. :)
  • tlink67
    tlink67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try Teccino. It's decaf organic coffee with wonderful flavors
  • michele121212
    michele121212 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree that if you only have one cup per day then have it any way you want it. However, I kind of forced myself to drink mine black for a week just to see if I could adjust, and now I actually enjoy it more without the fat and sugar. Just a thought:)
  • cherylannedrake
    Options
    I myself love the hazelnut, but to help I bought the small creamers and added less of the sweet stuff to my coffee. still creamy and sweet but less caleries.I will not go without my good coffee the way i like. All diet plans have always lost keeping it the same.
  • runnergirl1017
    Options
    you only have one cup per day, enjoy it! Isn't that only about 35 calories? I know you are looking for a substitute but keep thinking lifestyle change and moderation. One cup a day isn't going to kill your goals and if it makes you feel less deprived it might even help keep you motivated.

I completely agree! Coffee starts my day! Enjoy it, just track it!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    you only have one cup per day, enjoy it! Isn't that only about 35 calories? I know you are looking for a substitute but keep thinking lifestyle change and moderation. One cup a day isn't going to kill your goals and if it makes you feel less deprived it might even help keep you motivated.
    This...
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    i used to drink it with creamer and splenda and decided one day to just start drinking it black. Now I only like it black
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Sugar free vanilla syrup and fat free half n half.
  • Ashatack
    Ashatack Posts: 41
    Options
    Drink the coffee mate! if you only have one cup just cut back a bit if you feel your useing too much. You cant cut back everything you like! you can always make the sacrafice some place else...
  • happinessforevercm
    Options

This... I still use my french vanilla creamer. One cup a day hasnt hurt me and I have given up soda and alot of sweets and fatty food so I figured that I can treat myself with something that I really enjoy in the morning.
  • missy787
    missy787 Posts: 35
    Options
    Im not giving up my coffe. I have my coffe first thing in the morning and drink it how iI like. I did switch to fat free cream. Unless you are a diabetic and have to limit your sugar, that might be a diffrent story. To me this is a lifestyle change. My life includes coffe. There is actually a group on here for coffe lovers. The bottom line is to do what works for you.

Love it!
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

this is the best advice.
    I drink mine black cos that's how i like it!
  • PaperThinLips
    PaperThinLips Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i like my coffee black, just like my metal!
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am not about to give up my coffee. Depending on my mood I will drink it black or I will add skim milk and I tsp of sugar.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    I love French Vanilla Coffeemate....I put it in my coffee everyday. i factor it into my daily caloric intake. I love my coffee and plan on still being able to enjoy it the way I like it. To me 70 calories is worth it. The rest of the day I'm all water. I'm trying to make a life style change...drinking something i will hate doesn't have to be a part of it.
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    hot,strong and black, like my women