Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    what an awesome run Kackie. way to go.
  • Alwaysnancy
    Alwaysnancy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just back from boot camp. In our testing we do a 1km run and in 4 weeks my time as improve over 1 minute. Everyone did really good. I think most everyone had an improvement over a minute. It was a beautiful night tonight. Cool enough that we were very comfortable and no bugs.

I'll go for a longer run tomorrow evening.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Mary,hope you had a good birthday.Busy day,hubby was having weakness and numbness in his hands and arms.
    Dr thought either stress or a medication he was on.Dr wanted to be sure so ordered an Mri.Spent all dy at dr and hospital.Got the results,the MRI was normal.Thanks God.
    Have a good night all!

HUGS
    jane
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: It is bedtime for me so I've started the new thread for June.......I hope to see you all there :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/616653-women-ages-50-for-june-2012
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hello Ladies

just stopping in to say hi and will try to check back later , have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    This is the new thread for June.....please join us there

• nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    I went to the doctor to ask about my hips. Turns out I have bursitis. There’s not much that can be done short of pain pills or a cortisone shot (not at this point!). I told my mom and she told me she was prone to bursitis. Thanks a lot Mom!

As walking bothers my hips too much right now, I’ve started water aerobics. I took my first class day before yesterday. It felt good and, even though you use all the joints (amazing how many muscles I didn’t know I had), it didn’t bother my hips. Hurray for being able to exercise again!

Kat, thanks for the reminder to count my blessings. It’s easy to slip into focusing on the negative things. I am grateful for so much…not for the bod, but for so many other, more important, things.

BTW, I’m just finishing an intriguing and amazing book. “Intriguing” because I’ve never read anything quite like it before. It takes you into another dimension. “Amazing” because it’s a powerful story, told well.

It’s set during WWII from the point of view of a German girl. I really didn’t want to read it. I really, really didn’t. That was such a terrible and depressing time and I’ve read many book about it. I read it anyway because of my Book Club. Yep, another adventure all due to the Book Club. Anyway, I highly recommend it. It’s called the Book Thief.

What did you think of Phillip Phillip’s winning American Idol? he is SO cute! The voice doesn’t even make much difference although I do like his voice too. He’s just easy on the eyes. To me, he has the same sort of appeal as Paul Newman had…just nice, sweet and easy on the eyes.

Robin, I’m glad your foot is feeling better.

Barbie, I admire your persistence!

Amanda, I’m happy you had a good visit with your grand twins. I don’t know the backstory but I hope the rift with your SIL heals soon.

Congrats, Mary. You made it! Woo hoo.

Congrats on the weight loss, Nancy. It’s so good to see the scale moving in the right direction. As soon as I get my act together (grrr), I hope to see that too.

It's looking stormy here today. I'm actually cold, even with a sweater on. The end of May can be like this though. I hope the thunderstorms don't start too many fires.

I'm off to a movie with some friends from the Meetup group I like so much. I'm glad I joined. About time I got out and about!

xx Mimi SVQ

I love American Idol and you are right Phillip Phillips was the best...hey he is a GEORGIA BOy too, so I had to support him. lol
  • barbiecat
    Options
    This is the new thread for June.....please join us there

• twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    How do I join this group. I am 50 and suffered a stroke a year and 3 months ago, Since then I quit smoking and gained weight, Now I want to get the weight off, because I finally feel good.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Here is the link to the thread that we are using now for July.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/652461-women-ages-50-for-july-2012
  • GraceYZ
    GraceYZ Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello everybody,
    I am here for 3 weeks and trying very hard ......but is not easy :(:sad: :sad: :sad:
    any suggestions and support WELCOME :smile:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Hello everybody,
    I am here for 3 weeks and trying very hard ......but is not easy :(:sad: :sad: :sad:
    any suggestions and support WELCOME :smile:

here is the link to the thread we are posting on now

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/689358-women-ages-50-for-august-2012?page=13#posts-10219876