THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ WEEK 21!!

Options

Replies

• aprilrenee71
    Options
    Good morning team..I am having a very good week. I am really working hard. I am so excited about my up coming vacation. I have a hard time keeping up with everyone. I can't wait till tomorrow. I am taking the kids to the fireworks on Sat. They have such energy and keep me soooo busy.

Well Sheila maybe I will be able to talk to you today.

Have a great day everyone. It is going to be in the 90's today...whoa......
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    Good morning all :flowerforyou:

Cyndee - yeah I know what you mean, I really didn't want to cook... the weather was actually alright here yesterday, but I still didn't do anything....our little city decided that most of our Canada Day celebrations are going to take place on the weekend, that way we celebrate both, July 1 & 4th ... we have a lot of tourists here in the summer so I guess it makes sense :smile: You should get that treadmill ... I love it, I just walk while I watch TV and the time just goes by so fast!!

lulu - good luck with the interview :flowerforyou: I hope you get it!!

adopt - don't beat yourself up to bad over the take out ... todays a new day :flowerforyou:

LI4G - glad to see you back and I hope you feel better soon! Congrats on those 14's being to big ... feels great to lose inches!! I can't wait until I get measured next week to see exactly how many inches I've lost :smile:

Well time to get ready for work ... you all have a great day!! :heart:

Lori
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday to all who get tomorrow off! I am off tomorrow Yippee. Today a gal a work (rachael) is off and I am doing her job. She does all the prescripton for 3 clinics. They can fax over 50-125 prescriptions a day. Her shoes are big ones to fill today and Monday. Those clinics are owned by one guy and he is soo picky so there is more to do for one of their prescriptions than regular one. I need prayer that I can keep up and get it all done. I am not as fast as she is becasue she is used to it and I have to concentrate and make sure I don't forget all the extras. Plus I have to run all the shipping labels and I never knew how until yesterday so I am slower at that. I already had 20 orders last night that came in the last hour. I just want to do well!

Gonna be a hot one today. They are feeding us at work today Subway sandwiches! I am getting in some exra time today at work so 2 hr overtime yippee will be nice for my beach trip.

Have a good and healthy day. Stay cool and see you all tonight.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

Hope you all have a great week 4th of July weekend...

LuLu - good luck, hope you get the job..

CrazybeeRX - You will do just fine at work I have faith in you... :-} its been kinda chilly and raining up here the last few days but its supose to be getting hot again...the other day it went down to 64 then the next day it was 70 and now its going up to the 80's can i say that this is sick weather..all the ups and downs always make me sick!!!

Li4g - congrats on the moving ticker!!!! I love when that happens, i hope you feel better soon...I think i am feeling sympathy sick cuz i feel like i am running a fever now... OH NO...

April - I will be home all day cuz the fridge guy is coming over plus Dustin came by and spent the night with my grandson they are going home today sometime cuz they are going on vacation for two weeks they are leaving on the 5th and wont be heading home until the 19th.. so he wanted to see me before he goes...

you know how you all weigh in all the time!!!!! I have my mother messure me all the time... and she always yes at me not to messure so offten!!! LOL

i will check back in later I am going go roll on the floor with my grandson!!! while he is here..

Sheila
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone...

(Anyone who has me on Facebook knows I had a really bad start to my day...)
    Long story short...Last summer, I hired a babysitter through a licensed childcare agency. Her son is in my daughter's class. At first, all was good, but the woman annoyed me because she constantly complains about having kids around. What the...? If you choose to make a living out of watching children, shouldn't you enjoy having kids around? Anyway, recently her son has been asking my daughter (Britt) if she'd come over and help him entertain the kids that his mom is watching. He got her over on Monday, and said he'd pay her $10. Okay...
    Britt came home the other day and said that they wanted her to come over on Thursday (today) to watch the kids again. But this time...for free. I said "Absolutely not." Offensive for two reasons: First of all, no one is going to use my child for free labor. The woman makes about $40/day per child, and I find it offensive that she gets her son to help out for $10 or $15 - and that's for watching 2 or 3 kids. She sits in front of the TV. And my daughter...helping out for free?
    Second...It offends me beyond words, that this woman makes a living off of watching kids, when she SO doesn't like having them around. Even worse, the woman just took Foster Parenting classes, and she's giddy with the idea of getting paid! In Canada, they pay about $900/month per child for fostering..

Can you see why I'm upset?
    Anyway, when her son called and got me out of bed, he sniped at me, said "Where's Britt? She's supposed to come over and help me watch the kids..."
    I asked him "Are you paying her for both Monday and today?" He said No. Just for Monday. So then I said "I won't let her go, Kyle. She'll be over later today, to get her pay for Monday, but I'm not letting her babysit for free."

A few minutes go by, and the mother calls Britt. Says "Kyle is crying because your mom yelled at him."
    Holy cow...BS! If I'd yelled, the whole town would have heard me...
    Then the mother went on to say "Of course we would have paid you, Britt. You misunderstood..."
    Again, BS! Because Britt had already told me that she wasn't getting paid for today, I specifically asked Kyle that question...and the answer was No.

Anyway, I do believe the mother wants to talk to me. And I'm not looking forward to the call. But not for the reasons you might think...
    She doesn't intimidate me. I'm worried about me and my mouth going off the deep end...
    I know that if she gets me started, I'll start yelling and ranting about the fact that I think she's lazy, exploiting children...and it will likely end with me telling her that I'm going to report her...
    So that's a call that I'm definitely avoiding, until I feel more in control.

Anyway, that's my lovely start to the day. Trying very hard to get myself in check, because I try to be a rational, pacifist type of person. I absolutely hate dissension...
    And I'm wondering...How many calories have I burned...being so hot under the collar?

My goal today is to erase the craziness of the morning, and have a positive day...
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.. Thanks for all the Facebook ads... Fun to see you all there..

I am feeling better.. I think it's an ulcer but I am going to go to the DR. next week.. DH has once again decided he MIGHT go to Texas.. Ugg he is killin me..

I've lost 3 of the 4 lbs I've gained back.. So i am excited about that.. I have been so bloated this week.. I think it's all the carbs in the 50 million lb challenge diet... I dunno.. I will figure that out next week.. My meals have been planned and doing good on that till last night, I had pizza.. Why... oh well.. Today is another day.. Breakfast and lunch is packed and I am out the door.. I am only going to work a half day today then fake sickness leave pick up my grandson and come home and hang out with the DH.. He turned 43 yesterday and told everyone he is 44 and I had to remind him he is younger than me.. He got a kick out of that....

I will read all the posts when I get to the jail and catch up with you all...

Anita
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone...

(Anyone who has me on Facebook knows I had a really bad start to my day...)
    Long story short...Last summer, I hired a babysitter through a licensed childcare agency. Her son is in my daughter's class. At first, all was good, but the woman annoyed me because she constantly complains about having kids around. What the...? If you choose to make a living out of watching children, shouldn't you enjoy having kids around? Anyway, recently her son has been asking my daughter (Britt) if she'd come over and help him entertain the kids that his mom is watching. He got her over on Monday, and said he'd pay her $10. Okay...
    Britt came home the other day and said that they wanted her to come over on Thursday (today) to watch the kids again. But this time...for free. I said "Absolutely not." Offensive for two reasons: First of all, no one is going to use my child for free labor. The woman makes about $40/day per child, and I find it offensive that she gets her son to help out for $10 or $15 - and that's for watching 2 or 3 kids. She sits in front of the TV. And my daughter...helping out for free?
    Second...It offends me beyond words, that this woman makes a living off of watching kids, when she SO doesn't like having them around. Even worse, the woman just took Foster Parenting classes, and she's giddy with the idea of getting paid! In Canada, they pay about $900/month per child for fostering..

Can you see why I'm upset?
    Anyway, when her son called and got me out of bed, he sniped at me, said "Where's Britt? She's supposed to come over and help me watch the kids..."
    I asked him "Are you paying her for both Monday and today?" He said No. Just for Monday. So then I said "I won't let her go, Kyle. She'll be over later today, to get her pay for Monday, but I'm not letting her babysit for free."

A few minutes go by, and the mother calls Britt. Says "Kyle is crying because your mom yelled at him."
    Holy cow...BS! If I'd yelled, the whole town would have heard me...
    Then the mother went on to say "Of course we would have paid you, Britt. You misunderstood..."
    Again, BS! Because Britt had already told me that she wasn't getting paid for today, I specifically asked Kyle that question...and the answer was No.

Anyway, I do believe the mother wants to talk to me. And I'm not looking forward to the call. But not for the reasons you might think...
    She doesn't intimidate me. I'm worried about me and my mouth going off the deep end...
    I know that if she gets me started, I'll start yelling and ranting about the fact that I think she's lazy, exploiting children...and it will likely end with me telling her that I'm going to report her...
    So that's a call that I'm definitely avoiding, until I feel more in control.

Anyway, that's my lovely start to the day. Trying very hard to get myself in check, because I try to be a rational, pacifist type of person. I absolutely hate dissension...
    And I'm wondering...How many calories have I burned...being so hot under the collar?

My goal today is to erase the craziness of the morning, and have a positive day...

WOW cyndee... just WOW! So, I dont know how it is in Canada, but here..you have to have a license to do daycare under most circumstances. I personally dont need one because I only have 3 kids that I watch and not on a full time basis and thier schedules vary from week to week. I may have them only 1 day.. i might have them 3.

Anyway...You are 100% right! Britt should be getting paid if she is going to help this lady, but you also may want to make sure that it is Legal for Britt to babysit at her age. In the US, they have to be 12 years old and for home daycare ANY child 12 & under counts tward your capacity for the daycare. Home daycare here is limited to 7 children unless you have a certified helper and guess what? Your not gonna find anyone for less than minimum wage to help you.

My kids help here, but they arent forced to. There has been a few times where I have specifically asked my youngest to help me when Ive had the 2 babies and yes, I DO pay her. She is a good helper and very creative.

Just the fact that this lady called Britt, instead of talking to YOU sends up my red flag. If she has a problem with how you talked to her son, then why is she calling your daughter?? That to me doesnt make any sense. I would be on the phone to the parent if I thought my kid was treated rudely by them, so that right there tells me that this lady has NO common sense when it comes to dealing with parents or children. (rolling eyes) I would seriously consider reporting her for her lack of brains... LOL
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

Li4g - congrats on the moving ticker!!!! I love when that happens, i hope you feel better soon...I think i am feeling sympathy sick cuz i feel like i am running a fever now... OH NO...

Huh??? No.. you misunderstood... the ticker went DOWN for weight lost... not UP....:laugh: :laugh:
    I was 215 before and now its saying 219. Im losing inches, but not weight. and if I thought it was because I was working out and gaining muscle, Id be thrilled but like I said... this week has been a bust for me in the exercise department. :grumble:
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    LI4G...I finally did talk to the mother and, of course, she's back-pedalling. Which is fine, because I'll respect her desire to hold on to her dignity.
    Now she's saying that, of course, Britt would have been paid. And she's saying that Britt and her son are "Mother's Helpers," but that's not true. On Monday, she watched TV while Britt and her son watched the kids in the backyard, took the kids to the park. And then she had a nap...
    And not once...but twice...we confirmed that the amount they intended to pay Britt was $10 and only for the one day.

But we cleared the air, and I told her that Britt could go as a Mother's Helper, but I expected the mother to be there, fully alert, awake. When you're licensed, the government is expecting you to nurture and ensure the safety of the children in your care. How do you do that when you're sleeping, or allowing wee ones to go to the park to be supervised by 12 year olds??? The park is nowhere near her house.

Anyway, putting it behind me. Hopefully, I've made the mother think about what she's doing, and how it appears to other people. I told her that she really ought to stop complaining about kids on Facebook, especially since a lot of parents can see her comments. It's just bad form to constantly complain about "brats" being underfoot, when everyone knows that you're getting paid well.

And now I'm going to get dressed, head to the grocery store, buy some healthy stuff...
    I'm hoping that I can see another pound lost tomorrow. Definitely going to stick to the good stuff today.
  • swignal
    Options

Huh??? No.. you misunderstood... the ticker went DOWN for weight lost... not UP....:laugh: :laugh:
    I was 215 before and now its saying 219. Im losing inches, but not weight. and if I thought it was because I was working out and gaining muscle, Id be thrilled but like I said... this week has been a bust for me in the exercise department. :grumble:

opps then sry the ticker isnt moving in the right direction!!! but gaining muscle is good your still losing inches so keep up what your doing your gonna be in a size 8 in no time!!!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I do not understand how the scale is not budging but that I am obviously losing inches and they arent small inches either...:angry:

Cyndi, my friend - an inch is an inch. There are no small inches, only inches. The chocolate milk has finally gone to your head. I expected this to happen one day. :wink:

But, otherwise. congrats on the inches lost.

Have a story for you all. I have been trying to find clothes in my vast array of clothing from sized 18 to 50 that fit. Everytime I would find something, I would discover that I should have tried it on a couple of weeks before, because now, its too big.! :grumble: :grumble:

Well, so a few days ago, I picked some of the pants that are the closest to my size that are decent looking, and I took them off to a tailor. I picked this tailor because he has an italian name, and lo and behold, he's Italian!! Chance to speak the language, which is all good. So, today, I go to pick up a couple of pair of pants, and neither of them are small enough yet. BUMMER! One pair is close, but not really there yet. So, here is this little Italian man, standing behind me, gazing at my butt, (in the pants that are close, but not quite there) and he says, "non mi piace." Which means, "I don't like it." So, I turn and say, "Da vero?" Which is like saying "Really?" Then he gets all flustered, and says, "Mi piace la persona..." Which is like saying, I like the person. So, he is trying to say "I like you, just not how the pants fit." However, when you use any form of the verb "piacere" and relate it to a person, it becomes sort of sexually charged, because it is the verb "to pleasure" so, then he and I are both embarassed..... :embarassed:

And, on top of that, the pair I wore are WAY too big, and I need to go to work after this, so he says, ok, this one pair will be a real quick adjustment, so I will do them,and then you can wear them. So, I find myself sitting in his little dressing room in my undies waiting........

True to his word, he gets done lickety split and brings me the pants. I put them on and then we do the thing where he stands behind me and checks out the fit. This time, they pass, because he is checking the fit, and then gives me a little tap and says, "va bene" which means "goes well." SO, today, I had my bum tapped by an elderly Italian man who is about 5' 2" tall and weighs about 90 pounds. And there I am, nearly 6 feet tall weighin in at 380+ pounds!! How come this stuff always happens to me? Remember the hair dresser story? Boy oh boy.

Well, take care all. See you tomorrow for the weigh in. The plan seems to be working fairly well. We'll see tomorrow. Love you guys!
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    Oh my gosh, kristi...love that story!

Isn't it lovely that so many of us are struggling to find clothes that FIT? I'm going through the same thing. I have a huge pile of jeans in my closet, and about every two weeks, I go through every pair of pants in the house. Some get tossed out of the dresser, others go in, a bunch go to the closet...

But I've promised myself that once I hit my "normal" weight, I'm going to take the jeans that don't fit, and they'll go into a new quilt. Hmmm...I wonder if I can make a quilt with a weight-loss scheme, for T.H.E Team?
  • indianagranny
    Options
    CrazybeeRX - you have a porch swing - I 'll be right there. I love swings. You make sure you enjoy your Friday off. I am working a 6am to 6 pm at my second job. it is easy though - receptionist at a tanning place. I bet you done well at the job today.

Lorann - I have tried watching movies while walking on treadmill - it don't work for me. Good for you - I am glad it works for you. Good - Luck on the contest. Let us know how you did.

Lulu - good luck with the interview.

Adopt4 - don't beat yourself up over it. you learned from the experience and that is the important thing.

LI4G - I hope you are feeling better. WTG on the 14's being too big. Isn't it awesome to be moving on down?

Anita - glad to hear you made doctor's appointment - let us know what you find out. When does DH have to go if he goes? This would drive me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristi - loved your story. it made me laugh which I really needed today.

Cyndeebee - I am glad you got the situation with Britt helping the babysitter taken care of. It is great we are struggling to find clothes to fit. Last night before I went to work, I tried on five pair of jeans which were too big to wear to work. It had cooled off tremendously so I thought I would wear jeans. I ended up having to wear the pair or shorts I have been wearing which are too big. Need to get to the store now and buy work clothes before I have nothing I can wear.

April - I am excited for you and Sheila and getting to vacation together. It will be soooooooo exciting.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Evening, ya'll. Hot here again... but I did go to the grocery store and get fresh fruit and veggies. We need to go to Costco to get food for the party on Sat, so figured might as well have a hot dog there (cheap). I may not eat there, though, I may come home and have my fruit!! But we need to get that errand done because a lot of places are closed tomorrow in honor of the 4th, since it's on a Sat.

Cyndee, that woman should have NEVER called your daughter so say that. You have all of us behind you on this... Poor Britt. And if I was paying someone to watch my kids, and I found out she was having other CHILDREN do it, I would be up in arms. That is so NOT OK.

Kristi.... what can I say.... only you.... you made my afternoon.

Tomorrow camp is closed, argh! 3 boys, all day.... hubby better get his butt home EARLY tomorrow (he works European holidays, not US, but he's supposed to get off at 8:30 am). He's worked 14-18 hour days every day this week. In fact it's nearly 5:30 and he's not home yet... he goes in at midnight, so that's a LONG day.

I did get the boys water guns for tomorrow, we'll see how dumb of an idea that was. Figured I'd give them something new to torture each other with.

For the first time since I started this, I have enough clothes that fit. Hurray! But if I keep losing, I'm going to be back in the same boat as everyone else. The 18s are getting big on me... but I have a belt so I should be able to get enough of them to last the summer. I hope... It still just shocks me that I"m nearly at the size I thought was my goal, and I"m nowhere near my goal weight. I'm going to be shopping shopping shopping when I get down to what, a 10? 8?
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Beware of Costco's polish sausage dog. It's like 550 cals! I've been eating them all week. Leftovers from Saturday's party.

Kristi; cute story. Wish someone would smack my butt, been a LONG time.

Cyndee: good going! Hit her with both barrells. ppsssttt friends remind me not to piss Cyndee off!

Wish I could be telling loose clothes stories. I did try on the next size down jeans that I have and I can almost button them. I hung them on the outside of my closet to remind me to keep trying them on. I keep forgetting to buy a tape measure.

IndyGranny: My swing seats 3 so you are more than welcome to join me. In fact I am posting from it right now. Breeze is nice and I can type and swing at the same time...I amaze myself with my talent!!

Work went good today. I think the clinics must not have seen any new people today cause I only got 3 prescriptions that weren't already refill requests. They are gonna kill me on Monday I bet. BUt I only have 3 prescriptions I didn't get done today for Monday's mail so I am starting off on the right foot. Hopefully I will just KEEP my footing. I want to do a good job for Rachael.

I think when we hit our goal weight we need to send our jeans to Cyndee and have her make the quilt and put our names on our pant patch in different colors with our amount of lbs lost!

Well I think I am looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow. Not too sure though. Up and down all week. No telling what tomorrow will bring. I just can't believe I have stuck with this for 2 weeks! That is totally amazing for me and to me.

Love you all! Have a great night and see you in the morning. I'm gonna try to sleep in though since I am off!
  • swignal
    Options
    good Evenign Team -

I see everyone is doing okay... Well I had my MRI of my brain this evening...it was supose to be an open one needless to day it didnt look to open to me!!! they had to give me two volumes and demeral!!! and put music in my ears.. needless to say I did the test but i was freaking out... I wont know anything until I go back to the Dr's I still have another test the EEG on the 7th I really cant wait for all these darn test to be over...this not knowing anything is driving me crazy!!!

Kristi- That is totally funny an old Italian smaking your bum too funny but had to make your day!!!

April - Tomorrow make it 10 more days!!!

Li4g - really them 8's will be coming soon keep doing all your hard work....

Lisa - I wish you could come up one day and meet april and i when she is hear.. or mabye we can meet you half way or something... Just a thought...

i am going to get off here I am getting sleepy... check back in tomorrow
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    Have ya'll started the new thread yet?

SW 198, GW 135, CW 172 = 1 lbs loss

I worked really hard this week, didn't miss a day. I did yoga and cardio. I'm kinda dissapointd at only a pound loss but its better than gain. I'll have to look closer at my food, salt and water and see if I need to make some corrections. I have a great week.
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    Hey manda...
    A pound lost is a loss! Be proud of that.

Debbie...That's a good idea about quilt squares! Only question is: What would we do with the quilt when it's finished??? Maybe a better idea is making cushions out of your old jeans...Much easier to ship. And just a suggestion...Anyone who is interested could buy their own fabric paint, put a few blocks together with "milestones" painted, or embroidered, on the squares, and sew it into a cushion. Then...display them here for everyone to see...

Must say that it was nice to wake up today to no upsetting phone calls. I can't handle stress, and especially not in the morning. It affected my whole day. Silly, I know. Woke up this morning with a mass of broken blood vessels in my arm, which is what happens to me when I'm super stressed.

And...indianagranny...Update on the mice. Three of the little rotters in two days! Even though they're small critters, it's grossing/freaking me out at night. Twice, I've been sitting on the couch, and heard that ominous SNAP-BANG! Yuck! So I'll bug the landlord tonight and tell him to call an exterminator. I just don't want to deal with mice anymore. It's either that...or move...

My focus today is on r-e-l-a-x-i-n-g!!!

Sheila...Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts to you, until you get through your tests. Praying for good results. My tests are pretty much behind me, and just have to get to the doctor's for the results.

Happy Friday, everyone. Wishing good weigh-in results to all...
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Doesn't look like a new thread is open yet still week 21 but I lost 4 lbs. I don't even know how to post right . One day I will figure that out. Have a great 3 days weekend all.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    here goes, i just woke up so it's not every eloquent, lol

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/58930-the-trying-hard-everyday-team-week-22