Ladies: Guys shorter then you?!

Options
DietingMommy08
DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
So ive met this guy who is totally cute.

Hes really sweet.

Hes in the Airforce (So he has a career).

He makes me laugh.

Ect ect...

BUT

I am only 5'3" so I already consider myself to be short AND he is only 5'2"... I know that its not much but its really kinda pushing it for me...

What about you ladies?!
Short guys?!

Replies

• fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    nope ... ETC. ETC.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    ^
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 5'11" so a guy who is 5'2" I have no attraction to whatsoever, but a guy who is 5'10" is acceptable. So what I'm saying is that the 5'2" is acceptable for you, at least in my opinion.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for saying this because he sounds like quite the catch, but personally I'm more attracted to tall guys. (I'm 5'6", the bf is 6'3")
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4" but my bf says he is 5'5" but seems shorter then me but I don't mind being a little taller then him. What really matters is do you like him? Does he make you smile, make feel good about yourself?

Height doesn't matter....
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I don't think something like height should get in the way of things if you like the person.
  • ashmarie484
    ashmarie484 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Before I entered into the topic and just had read the thread I was going to say yes, shorter guys are fine. Im tall 5'9" and Ive dated guys shorter than me but 5'2" is really really short. I just couldnt do it. But youre only 5'3" and I say if he has a ton of great qualities and treats you well and makes you happy then wth go for it.
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i just met one too. he seemed nice but i cant do the too short again....i had one that i married for 12yrs...this time i want to reach and hug him.....but eye to eye isnt bad at all....there is a man shortage..ha ha
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Well I am use to taller guys...

My ex was 6'5 and my the guy before that was 6'2...

I love my heels and its always been if I cant wear my heels around you then it aint gonna work. Lol.

Hes an amazing guy... Ive dated a 5'2 before but it was a GIRL.
    Kinda contradicting that im okay with girls being short but not guys (yes I know this)
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy who was the same height as me and I just did not feel sexy when I was with him. I felt like an Amazon Giantess and it was a turn off. Not his fault, but doesn't work for me.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    I feel bad for saying this because he sounds like quite the catch, but personally I'm more attracted to tall guys. (I'm 5'6", the bf is 6'3")

My deal is im only 5'3.
    I dont feel any guys should be shorter then me.
    Hahahahaa.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Can't force attraction. It's there, or not.

If you're not happy with him let him go.

I can't help but picture this guy getting patted on the head by some 6'5" tall girl.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could do it, but if you like him enough and you can get past it, go for it.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11. My husband is 5'9. I almost didn't date him due to his height. I would have regretted it. I barely notice the difference anymore and neither does anyone close to us.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    I can't help but picture this guy getting patted on the head by some 6'5" tall girl.

Lol.
    Ive met his friends.
    They are all around the 6' range.
    Its quite a site.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    My ex husband was only a little over 5'5" and I am 5'10" - his height was never really a problem for me. I've dated a guy as short as 5'4" - some women think height is really important. I'm not that way.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I usually try not to so shallow. But in this case I am very shallow. I am 5'7 . I can't be with a guy whose shorter than me.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I think it's about what you find attractive. I don't find short men attractive, and like someone to be at least 6 foot (I'm 5'5.5). It's about how you feel, not about what other people think you should do.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and my fiance is 5'6. He is also quite a bit thinner than I am. His height is the last thing I think about because he is a great guy. I wear my heels and neither one of us are worried about it.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    No deal. I'm 5'9 and I STILL don't date guys shorter than me