Ladies: Guys shorter then you?!

Options

Replies

• mackdaddymisa
    Options
    im 5'3 (almost always the shortest round haha) and my gf is 5'8 and half...all the girls iv dated have been atleast 4 inches taller (i dnt know guess its the way things r) personally i hv no issue being shorter (heck all sports i play r for taller ppl lol) but i know that my gf deep inside dsnt allow herself to to show that she'd like it if i was taller...its easy now since we live in separate countries...but she clearly says she refuses to wear heels and that makes me sad cz i want her to be herself and wear wat she likes regardless of wat ppl may say...maybe with time she'll realize that i rly dnt care that she's taller and even less bout wat ppl would say...im short and very proud of myself

give the little man a chance to prove how much he'll be worth in your heart ^^
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I refuse!! I like them 6ft or taller. The taller the better! I like to climb trees! ;)
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, my boyfriend is 5'6...no biggie to me.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I've never been able to date guys shorter than me. There are some that are cute but I'm just not sexually attracted to shorter men. You really need to be at least an inch or two taller than me, the more the merrier. It may sound shallow but there's really nothing I can do about it. Short is just a turn off. But that's me and my personal feelings.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't date guys shorter than 6ft.. I'm 5ft myself.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    No can do. I am 5'11 and wear 4 to 6 inch heels and proud of being a tall woman. I have gone on dates with shorter guys and the first thing that's mentioned is my height and why I still wear heels. Among my friends I am the tallest and when we go out, I stand out and I like it. My bf is 6'2 and I am still taller when I wear my heels, but he loves it!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and my husband is 5'0"....We can sleep on our king size bed either direction!!!!!
  • ashhhhole
    ashhhhole Posts: 74
    Options
    I have friends in exactly the same boat as you. She accepted that she has given up her heals and he puts up with a little teasing, but for the most part no one will ever notice an inch's difference between you. If he were 6 inches shorter, or even 3 shorter I would understand the problem, but its only 1. Also, if an inch were really a deal breaker to you then you wouldn't be asking for advice here.. you would have said no already. I think you like him but you're worried about what other people will think. Don't. Live your life for you.
  • Fallen_Angel226
    Options
    I'm personally more atrracted to tall guys......my ex was 6'5 (I'm 5'9) But I honestly don't think height should have anything to do with it. Unless it's extremely drastic....there's this guy I know that likes me and he's only 5'. I think that's pushing it haha
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    1" difference isn't that big of a deal if you really like him.

I've dated a few men who were my height (5'8") or an inch shorter with no issues.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    This is my one shallow thing... I just can't get past it. I am 5ft6 and I like a guy to be at least 5ft11. I know it's awful but i just can't help it
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm personally more atrracted to tall guys......my ex was 6'5 (I'm 5'9) But I honestly don't think height should have anything to do with it. Unless it's extremely drastic....there's this guy I know that likes me and he's only 5'. I think that's pushing it haha

I think there's something about tall guys that even if they are not THAT attractive, their tallness makes them more attractive. ;)

That being said- I am 6 feet tall so naturally I am only attracted to guys taller than me. But I've dated guys an inch shorter than me and seen no problem with it, although the one guy I dated that was shorter than me was also a total dbag!!!!

My boyfriend of 4 years is almost 6'10 (yep- not an exaggeration!). I always joke that if we have a son, NBA talent scouts will be waiting outside the delivery room to sign our baby to a contract. I think its purely biological for a woman to be attracted to a man taller than her, but you aren't weird for liking a shorter guy!
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I couldn't :indifferent:
    I'm 5'10 and ahh I can't. Even 6' is too short for me. Shallow as it sounds... I feel it *looks* better when the guy is bigger and taller.
    Just my personal opinion. A great guy is a great guy so height shouldnt really matter but yaaaa he'd have to be at least 6'1-6'5 for me lol
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    nope ... ETC. ETC.

:drinker:
  • Mezzle13
    Mezzle13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im 6ft and used to have a rule that I wouldn't date anyone unless they were taller than me with heels on and a rugby player... admittedly this cut down my choice rather a lot!

Then I met my current OH, him being shorter than me by about 2 inches and a football player it wasn't exactly love at first sight. Buut then we went on a date and it was the best thing that ever happened to me :-). Hight only matters if you make it matter, my biggest issue was that I felt 'masculine' around shorter men but funnily enough this has not once crossed my mind since we have been together. *Get the sick buckets out*

Anyway I guess what I am trying to say is if you like him go for it, he might just be the perfect man for you!
  • Mezzle13
    Mezzle13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh and no one else notices the height difference... it only becomes obvious to others when we make a joke out of it!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

I'm surprised no one has reported it and got it deleted yet. Seems every time I piss off a feminazi...my posts get removed.

And I mean that in the kindest possible manner.

Just wait for it. Lol.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I have friends in exactly the same boat as you. She accepted that she has given up her heals and he puts up with a little teasing, but for the most part no one will ever notice an inch's difference between you. If he were 6 inches shorter, or even 3 shorter I would understand the problem, but its only 1. Also, if an inch were really a deal breaker to you then you wouldn't be asking for advice here.. you would have said no already. I think you like him but you're worried about what other people will think. Don't. Live your life for you.

I wasnt looking for advice.

I was just seeing other ppls outlooks.

I dont care what other people think.
    Never have.
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Runs4CupCakes Posts: 132
    Options
    I dated a guy who was the same height as me and I just did not feel sexy when I was with him. I felt like an Amazon Giantess and it was a turn off. Not his fault, but doesn't work for me.

i feel you there maybe it was bc i was bigger built then he was... i'm 5'8 my husbands 6'5 so i love it nothing against short guys how they treat you is the most inportnant but i like to feel danity in a guys presence....
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i used to think pretty narrowly about height. i'm 5'7" and my man is 5'9". yes, he's taller, but just slightly. i used to love tall guys and when i met my bf, i even told him that i preferred tall guys. i was just being too narrow and close-minded. height, in the end, shouldn't matter.