Options

Replies

• JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    She didn't care, why should yòu?

AxlRose_KMazu_194634_600-de.jpg

Bcuz Im not her?

That's the oddest example of a shorter man with a tall woman ever!!! Lol!!!

Btw axle rose circa 1990's is 5'9" ish...and rich!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' exactly and I have never met a guy shorter than me!!!

If I did it just wouldn't work out:/ Who would get the **** out of the cabinets that I can't reach??

*raises hand*
    It was a question. I don't understand where the preference comes from, so I'm assuming it's got to do with a sexist idea of men being dominant or protective. Calm down.

I've been waiting for this one to pop up. No one is allowed to compare men and women in any way, shape, or form anymore, without it being sexist and in some way an indicator of some conspiracy in which men hold women down for their own benifit.

MOST women like the feeling of being protected and sheltered that a taller boyfriend gives (don't worry, the fact that you're setting women's rights back 50yrs is ok with us men). MOST men like the feeling of protecting and sheltering they get when their girlfriend is shorter (I guess this makes us sexist pigs...sadly).

Which is it... there's no such thing as the patriarchy, or you're okay with the women's movement being set back?

Confusing.

/sigh...that's all I have to say to this.

I'm not going to get into a feminist debate on this thread...but the fact of the matter is that if a woman wants me to put my big, strong...manly arms (notice how that phrase has never been said 'womanly arms'?? Something to think about there yeah?) around her, or for me to be taller than she is to make her feel protected, she's not setting women's rights back a day, much less 50yrs. Additionally, if I WANT to put my arms around her, or stand 5" taller than she is to make her feel protected, I'm not some kind of sexist *kitten*.

THAT was the purpose of my post. Oddly enough, very few people outside of feminists have a CLUE what 'patriarchy' is in the context you're using it. And nearly EVERYONE else understood my post, precisely how I intended.

Something to think about there...too.
    shorter than me = not my preference & to whoever says 'i wouldn't date girls that are shallow like you' - that's just ridiculous. everyone has preferences ... everyone! even on a subconscious level. anyways, the reason i wouldn't is because i am 5'3 - it's hard to find guys shorter than that. i will admit my head placed in a mans chest with his arms wrapped around me does make me feel safe and protected - secure in the world - does it set women's rights back 50 years? yah a bit extreme with that comment buddy. feeling that comfort is important to a lot of women i know - so who cares if she finds it in a tall man? other people find it in how built a guy is or how attractive he is - guys find it in women that can cook or dress a certain way. but i do agree - if a man came into my life who made me feel that way and was my size or smaller i would give it a go for sure.

I think you misunderstood, I agree with you completely. A womans head on my chest in that context...is a pretty important thing for me. Does this mean she's less than I am? No. Does it mean she's not my equal? Umm...no. Does it mean that when I have a hell of a headache, that laying on the couch with my head in her lap while she strokes my temple makes me less than she is?

Umm...HELL no.

There was a pretty substantial amount of sarcasm in my post that may or may not have translated properly it seems...and it was directed at that initial, unwarranted feminist remark about height preferances being sexist.
  • SherryLohr
    SherryLohr Posts: 18
    Options
    If you are questioning a relationship with him because of his height then I think there is no point. Fall for someone because of who they are and take what they have to give. He is the perfect height for you to kiss when ever you want to without having to pull him down. He can give you the best hug because he is the perfect height to wrap around you. He seems for so many reasons that you mentioned to be a wonderful guy and a hell of a catch. BUT if you aren't sure then give him a break and don't flirt or lead him on in any way. He can't help being short anymore than you can help if you have a zit on your face. I have dated taller and shorter men and that was never anything I thought of as an issue. Really I never even thought of it until this post! Follow your heart and don't break his because you can.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my fiance is 6'5, but if he was 5'6 I would still be with him.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' exactly and I have never met a guy shorter than me!!!

If I did it just wouldn't work out:/ Who would get the **** out of the cabinets that I can't reach??

*raises hand*
    It was a question. I don't understand where the preference comes from, so I'm assuming it's got to do with a sexist idea of men being dominant or protective. Calm down.

I've been waiting for this one to pop up. No one is allowed to compare men and women in any way, shape, or form anymore, without it being sexist and in some way an indicator of some conspiracy in which men hold women down for their own benifit.

MOST women like the feeling of being protected and sheltered that a taller boyfriend gives (don't worry, the fact that you're setting women's rights back 50yrs is ok with us men). MOST men like the feeling of protecting and sheltering they get when their girlfriend is shorter (I guess this makes us sexist pigs...sadly).

Which is it... there's no such thing as the patriarchy, or you're okay with the women's movement being set back?

Confusing.

/sigh...that's all I have to say to this.

I'm not going to get into a feminist debate on this thread...but the fact of the matter is that if a woman wants me to put my big, strong...manly arms (notice how that phrase has never been said 'womanly arms'?? Something to think about there yeah?) around her, or for me to be taller than she is to make her feel protected, she's not setting women's rights back a day, much less 50yrs. Additionally, if I WANT to put my arms around her, or stand 5" taller than she is to make her feel protected, I'm not some kind of sexist *kitten*.

THAT was the purpose of my post. Oddly enough, very few people outside of feminists have a CLUE what 'patriarchy' is in the context you're using it. And nearly EVERYONE else understood my post, precisely how I intended.

Something to think about there...too.
    shorter than me = not my preference & to whoever says 'i wouldn't date girls that are shallow like you' - that's just ridiculous. everyone has preferences ... everyone! even on a subconscious level. anyways, the reason i wouldn't is because i am 5'3 - it's hard to find guys shorter than that. i will admit my head placed in a mans chest with his arms wrapped around me does make me feel safe and protected - secure in the world - does it set women's rights back 50 years? yah a bit extreme with that comment buddy. feeling that comfort is important to a lot of women i know - so who cares if she finds it in a tall man? other people find it in how built a guy is or how attractive he is - guys find it in women that can cook or dress a certain way. but i do agree - if a man came into my life who made me feel that way and was my size or smaller i would give it a go for sure.

I think you misunderstood, I agree with you completely. A womans head on my chest in that context...is a pretty important thing for me. Does this mean she's less than I am? No. Does it mean she's not my equal? Umm...no. Does it mean that when I have a hell of a headache, that laying on the couch with my head in her lap while she strokes my temple makes me less than she is?

Umm...HELL no.

There was a pretty substantial amount of sarcasm in my post that may or may not have translated properly it seems...and it was directed at that initial, unwarranted feminist remark about height preferances being sexist.

waaaayyyy to go. Lol.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", the guy I'm currently interested in is 5'4" I don't mind that he's shorter but I wouldn't go any shorter than that.
  • getskinnyby25
    getskinnyby25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    no no no, I'm 5'2 and would not date anyone shorter than me. I don't care if its shallow or not I need someone to pick me up and my feet actually lift off the ground
  • JTHRONES
    JTHRONES Posts: 75
    Options
    Sorry... couldn't do it. I'm 5'9 and I have to SEARCH to find a good guy taller than me.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    i have a friend who swears by short guys

she says she likes the "banty rooster" attitude and the "tripod effect"

short guys aren't for me, though. i like 'em BIG.

i also like 'em modest and shy, and most small framed guys i know seem to try to hard at life
  • DBell28
    DBell28 Posts: 45
    Options
    I am 5'2", my husband is 5'7". I have friends taller then him. WHO CARES?! He treats me a like a princess and is the nicest guy ever. If he treats you right, dont break up with him bc he is short.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my hubby is 5'3. I always thought I would end up with some 6'2 god, but when I started looking at their qualities instead of their quantities, I started looking elsewhere. My hubby may not be sky high, but he works for me. *shrugs shoulders*
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Would definitely. I would not discriminate. Having so many rules about who you date may make you miss out on the love of your life...
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    My husband is nearly an inch shorter than me. I hate it that i can't wear heels or tall shoes, but seriously, at 5"11 i don't need to anyway. Although i was a little petty about it in the lead up to our wedding - I made sure that the combination of my wedding shoes and his wedding shoes at least evened out the height thing - I didn't want to look shorter than him in our wedding photos!

But I don't think an inch is anything to worry about. I have a friend who's 6 foot and her husband is at least 6 inches shorter than her.

It's really not what's important, i don't think!

(but then, i'm married to a shorty :tongue: )
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6. Guys are short out here compared to me. They just don't make them big anymore... lol

I don't mind. I'd date a lil person if he/she makes me happy.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2", my husband is 5'7". I have friends taller then him. WHO CARES?! He treats me a like a princess and is the nicest guy ever. If he treats you right, dont break up with him bc he is short.

Ur husband is taller then you....

Kinda dont relate lol.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" I dated a guy for 3 years who was 5'8"ish I didn't care.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could date a guy shorter than me.. I'm only 5'1 in the first place lol.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    My ex-bf was my height (5'9). I didn't care....I could tell it bothered him sometimes lol...Oh well....
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my boyfriend is 5'6. We have been together for almost 6 yrs and the height difference isnt even noticed.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    No...but there was this one time.....and I was shocked! Would have never thought :laugh: