Ever asked the husband/wife/SO this question?

Options

Replies

• questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I did and his response was;

'It's easier to love you now because I can tell you love yourself more and that makes me happy'

I love your husband for saying this! That is the best answer ever! :)
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I couldn't even imagine if my husband loved me more then he already does. Which is a GREAT thing, but not getting the compliments about my weight loss does bother me when I don't get it from him, but do from lots of other people. When I have questioned him about it his response is, "It doesn't matter what you look like, it's what's inside that I fell in love with." So from 155lbs to 320lbs to 220lbs and now at 268lbs he just wants me to be happy with me, because he is totally happy with me.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    SOMEBODY SHOOT THE FLARE GUN!

A lot of men are going to be confronted with a very uncomfortable question tonight!

RED ALERT RED ALERT

:laugh:

but seriously

:indifferent:

You might want to go out with the boys until she forgets to ask you.
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    my husband and I have an understanding that if either one of us was to get fat we would be free to divorce or find someone else because it would show that we didn't respect or love the other enough to respect and love ourselves

props to you two...just means you guys are going to do what it takes to keep the relationship healthy and filled with fire...

I don't know about this. I didn't get fat because I don't respect or love my husband enough.

God forbid something happen that you have little control over to damage you physically. What are you going to do then?
  • chapparra27
    chapparra27 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

'It's easier to love you now because I can tell you love yourself more and that makes me happy'
    What a great and very wise answer!
  • chelchelt
    chelchelt Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have asked my hubby this and he told me "I love you no matter what size you are. I know the weight you have gained is because you gave me our beautiful kids, and I love you all the more because of that."
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Oh the stories I could tell... My fiance and I split up a month ago and it was absolutely for the best. For the last few years I had been trying SO HARD to feel good about myself, when he clearly didn't want me. The irony in this is that he prefers bigger girls (his new OMG I LOVE YOU FOREVER is definitely bigger than I am!). A big part of why we split (aside from his pathological cheating) was that he was completely unsupportive of my desire to get healthy.

The girls he preys on are all overweight and depressed and just looking for attention. It's really sad, and I'm horrified that I was ever a part of that, that I ever allowed him to make me feel unloveable, that I went to the lengths I went to to SEEM like I felt good about myself.

Long story short, go home and kiss your hubbies, because a man who can love you from the inside out as opposed to the outside in is worth whatever his weight is in gold. :)

I had a very similar story. Way to go in getting out of that relationship.
  • beyourown
    beyourown Posts: 18
    Options

Thats is the absolute sweetest thing <3
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    my sweetie hit on me at my highest weight.... and since then I've lost 50 lbs. No need to ask. The dude loves who I am, not my size.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Ex's answer : I've always been attracted to you, but you're looking great now that you're losing weight and your confidence is going up which is sexy

Male best friend's answer : You've always been pretty and the thing that makes me happiest is that you're doing this for your health but you're looking good too, girls who work out are sexy
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Mine was honest too.. which I was mad at him for a good week for.. then I said you know what... I asked... He said he still loved me just the same... when we started dating I was a twig then I grew a little bigger and bigger (I hid it well) but theres no hiding when it comes to bed time.. you know? I asked and he answered.. he told me he noticed I was bigger.. that killed me. But as Im loosing the weight he also cant get his hands off me...
    He tells me its because he can see Im happier with myself.. I think its both... :)
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    my husband and I have an understanding that if either one of us was to get fat we would be free to divorce or find someone else because it would show that we didn't respect or love the other enough to respect and love ourselves

props to you two...just means you guys are going to do what it takes to keep the relationship healthy and filled with fire...

I don't know about this. I didn't get fat because I don't respect or love my husband enough.

God forbid something happen that you have little control over to damage you physically. What are you going to do then?

That's part of the understanding. Pregnancy (which won't be happening cuz we're done with kids) or a medical condition are extenuating circumstances and at that point a discussion would occur.
  • Kari089
    Kari089 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    we have definitely had that conversation and I was a little shocked at first to hear him say he prefers me slimmer (when we met I was a size 18) until he said the reason was because I seem happier and more optimistic. My attitude definitely has changed for the better and our relationship has benefited from that as well.
    He has also lost a few pounds because we are eating healthy meals at home and he enjoys that very much. We are making plans to do a lot of outdoor activities together (already started some) so it has definitely made a positive impact in our relationship. :)
  • HeatherNoyes
    HeatherNoyes Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Yikes, no offense but to me marriage is a lifetime commitment not something you give up on because of getting "fat"....Glad my honey loves me for me and not my body.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have never asked that question to my hubby but I dont have to his actions say it all. He has never been able to keep his hands off me!!! Even when I was 9mos preggo and weighed almost what he did, his hands were all over and he has always told me I am beautiful.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't be attracted to him if he got too overweight, and not because I loved him less, but because in order for him to get that way, he would have to have a total lifestyle change for the worse. THAT would not be attractive, because he would not be taking care of himself that way, and I know he would feel the same way about me.

So we don't have to ask that question, because we both have very specific lifestyle goals that keep us the way we are, and changing those goals would be the big issue, not the resulting body changes.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Just asked and got this answer:

"baby, i've always found you to be the sexiest person that i've ever seen. i feel like your confidence has gone up though, and that's f***ing sexy in itself. just know that no matter how much you lose or gain, i'm going to love every inch of you."

I know, I'm pretty damn lucky. :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Mine has never treated me any differently, with the exception of telling me daily how proud he is of me: for the dedication to nutrition, weight loss, school, work, and our son. I showed him a picture from March of last year when I was 30 lbs heavier and he couldn't believe I looked like that. Which says to me- love truly is blind. He has gained some weight recently- and I am still just as attracted to him- what I find unattractive is his willingness to talk about how he needs to lose weight- but his lack of motivation. That's why daily I try to motivate him to go to the gym with me and to make healthier choices.
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

^^^^Love this answer!!!! :heart: :happy:
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't be attracted to him if he got too overweight, and not because I loved him less, but because in order for him to get that way, he would have to have a total lifestyle change for the worse. THAT would not be attractive, because he would not be taking care of himself that way, and I know he would feel the same way about me.

So we don't have to ask that question, because we both have very specific lifestyle goals that keep us the way we are, and changing those goals would be the big issue, not the resulting body changes.

^^^This!! the basis of the understanding we have
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!