Where did you meet...?

Options

Replies

• froggadelic
    froggadelic Posts: 14
    Options
    I've been happily dating my boyfriend for 3 years and we met in kindergarten, believe it or not! He was my first and second grade boyfriend and we stayed friends all throughout school. After we graduated we still kept in contact--we each always had significant others. About 3 years ago we got to talking on AIM (yeah I still used that lol) and it came up that we had crushes on each other. "Hey, I've always had a crush on you." "Hey me too. Want to go to dinner and see where this goes?" "Sure!" We had our first date on Cinco de Mayo in 2009 and our second date on my birthday. The day after my birthday we went to a party at my best friends house and that night we officially started dating. I love him to pieces...he feels like my soul mate. <33
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    7th grade. I asked him out the first week of school. We dated four million times throughout middle school/high school, the final time being senior year - present.
  • J3SSP3NNY
    J3SSP3NNY Posts: 235
    Options
    I met my man on here :) Talked for a month or more. He took me on a date and I have never been more happy since :)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    We met in health class my first year of high school and started dating right before summer.
    I just finished my sophomore year of college and our 5 year anniversary was on the 9th of this month :)
    Not married yet, but we are engaged on planning on getting married in May 2014 (after graduation). We've been living together since July 2011.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    It was definitely not love at first sight. In fact at that time I was certain I'd never love again.

My (now ex-)husband was having an affair with his (now ex-)girlfriend. He found out and felt I deserved to know. So he contacted me and confirmed my suspicions. That's how I met him. We became each other's support through the darkest time of our lives and also became best firends.

We are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary in a few months. Everything happens for a reason.
  • JenivaDoll
    JenivaDoll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on a site called justachat.com. We never really talked, but I had his Yahoo for about a year before we started (this was 2007) he asked me out on March 22, 2007 & I said yes. We've been dating for 5 years, I've seen him once & I'm seeing him again this summer. I can't wait, & when I spent time with him yes it was love, I've never felt so comfortable with someone that I am with him.
  • sahrajane5
    sahrajane5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend of a year in a club- at an over 21's night (I was 18, naughty!)

Can't do one night stands apparently!
    Paha.
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    These stories are inspiring. I am honestly kind of nervous about online dating.... but I want to be proactive about it.

May I ask why your nervous?

I think mostly because of all the horror stories I have heard about awful dates and creepy people..
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    we grew up together, first place, met when we were probably 5ish, probably at a friend's house or church, I can't remember that far back! My best friend growing up was his best friend's sister, so we saw a lot of each other :)
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Joe's Grotto. It is/was a heavy metal music bar. We didn't even talk until we were on the way to an after party. :happy:
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    We met in Jr. High, he liked me back then, but I wasn't interested in having a boyfriend. We went to the same high school and he dropped out. Then we met again at work. We talked and got to know each other for two months then started dating, 6 months later we were engaged, 1 year later we had our daughter and then 10 months after that we were married and 4 months later had our son. We've been together 6 1/2 years and married 4 years 5 months.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I was at Chili's eating alone & so was he, I am not the type of person that can just be quiet, I even talk in my sleep. So, I started talking to him & we ended up at the same table & have been together ever since :) Married for almost 2 years with a 8mo old little boy :)

That is awesome! :heart:
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    We lived in the same dorm freshman year in college. We met when he stole my roommate's mattress as a prank. We've been friends ever since. About two years after graduation, he finally asked me out. We got married almost 2 years ago.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Okcupid.com

We've been together since 2008. Moved in together after 2 months, and got married in September 2010.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Actually met on a dating service. Plenty of Fish, spoke several time via the email on plenty of fish, Then phone text and finally after a couple of weeks phone calls. Met 2 1/2 weeks after 1st speaking for Brunch and have been together ever since. He's a wonderful giving man, works hard and was just looking for someone to enjoy life with.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    These stories are inspiring. I am honestly kind of nervous about online dating.... but I want to be proactive about it.

May I ask why your nervous?

I think mostly because of all the horror stories I have heard about awful dates and creepy people..

It can be scary. I always made sure to meet in a public place, to get my own drinks and never leave a drink on the table while I went to the bathroom and come back and drink it. Common sense and be alert to stories and actions. Helped being a former cop also.. Good Luck
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My friend was dating a Navy guy who wanted to set up one of his buddies off the ship. We both
    said no to a blind date, but they tricked us into meeting. We got married almost a year later, will be
    celebrating 20yrs in January. They, on the other hand, split up after a few months.. lol.
    We were both 20 when we met....
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    I interviewed my fella for a position on my team. I didn't like him and wanted another candidate (who was female) to have the position. My boss wanted "a nerd" though so he got the job... and now I am very glad that he did :wink:
  • baloney17
    baloney17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I met doing summer musical theatre at a local college. We hit it off really well and decided to go on a couple of dates. When we realized we weren't in the same place we decided to remain friends and continued to talk, text, facebook, and get together with mutual friends. The next summer we did another show with the same theatre and our friendship really blossomed from seeing each other almost every day for 2 months. After the show's run, he came, with a friend, to see me perform at a local Renaissance Festival and something just clicked. He told me that his feelings were there and would like to try and make things work. On August 26th, 2010 we went on a date (second go around) and have been together ever since. He proposed to me the following August at the same Renaissance Festival on August 14th, 2011. We are about to begin work on our 3rd show together with the same summer theatre and they are so excited to have their first "couple" come out of their program. Our wedding is this coming October and we couldn't be more in love!
  • baloney17
    baloney17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I guess I would like to add the addundum of How old were you when you met. Everyone seems to be finding love so young it is a little discouraging at times.

My fiance and I started dating when we was 27 and I was 29. By the time we get married in October we'll be 29 and 31. Many of my friends got married between the ages of 23-26, so I'm the late bloomer of the group. I think love is out there for anyone, it doesn't matter your age. A positive outlook and a little faith can go a long way. Also, I had been single for 7 years until I met my husband-to-be. Once I realized I didn't necessarily need a significant other, I found one :-)