WTF is wrong with me

Options
123457»

Replies

• 1RBelle512
    1RBelle512 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I happened upon this article this afternoon and it reminded me of your post. The gist of the article is: Willpower is finite, so take a break. They show this with lots of interesting studies where people eat cookies or radishes. http://youarenotsosmart.com/2012/04/17/ego-depletion/
  • anarod0513
    anarod0513 Posts: 119
    Options
    Allow yourself one of your favorite foods once in a while, but in moderation. I also happen to binge, the last time I did this was two days ago. But I'm back on track now, and I just have to keep reminding myself how awful I feel afterwards, and how it might counteract all my hard work. I find that not having any junk food in the house helps me, but unfortunatley i dont live alone so there is always some form of junk food. Hope you find what works for you.
  • Ttrishaa
    Ttrishaa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth and I know that if I try to completely cut out everything, I will binge and eat whatever is in sight. I am pretty good about sticking to serving sizes and putting the bag away so I don't just mindless grab for it. I have a bag of Gummy Sharks (who the heck makes a serving size of gummy sharks 170 calories for TWO!!?) that I keep out of sight, so when I do have them I take them out of the bag then move the bag away from me so that before I grab more I actually think about the prospect of logging extra ones on here.

I also log even on really bad days. I just cringe and keep logging. Hahah
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    "Cheezits have knocked me off the wagon too ;) Damn their cheezy goodness!!!"

LOLOLOL!

This cracked me up!