for heavens sake, I STILL EAT BREAD AND LOSE WEIGHT!

Options

Replies

• Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I EAT IT ALL. Except fast food because it makes me feel icky and sick.
  • sunshineshica
    sunshineshica Posts: 277
    Options
    Dr.Oz says that eating wheat bread is just as "bad" as eating white bread. It's still bread. I assume the benefit of eating wheat or whole grain bread is the diff grains/fiber in it. I don't think you can get a shredded stomach overloading on bread. It's about portion control. I still eat bread. I still lose weight as well. Portion control people!
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    seen a lot of posts lately regarding "whole grain/wheat" bread/brown rice.. and such.. I am not understand why alot of people choose to cut them out COMPLETELY... I have lost weight with still eating bread, at a deficit.. eating healthy and working out...

please tell me I am not the only one? share YOUR success so we can put the "bad carbs" posts to rest!

Not the only one... I have lost 50lbs since the first of the year and am, for the most part, eating what I want... in moderation, and small portions... :smile:

I do believe you should limit white bread, but 100% whole grain/whole wheat bread is just fine... Every person is different, and they do lose differently. What works for some, doesn't specifically work for others.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Every body is different :smile:

It is bad to cut out all carbs from your diet. But it is important to eat unprocessed carbs, such as fruit and rice. Some of us chose to exclude processed carbs which include most breads. The only bread I every eat is the bread baked right there at the bakery, which is very yummy :bigsmile:

I have lost 25 pounds since the beginnning of the year by cutting out most processed carbs. But again, every body is different :flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27 lbs and kept it off for almost 9 months while eating whole grains, including bread on occasion. My sandwiches are usually wraps because I like to stuff more in them than 2 slices of bread will hold, but the wraps are whole wheat. I also eat a lot of brown rice and decent amount of corn chips (love tortilla chips & salsa) as well as other whole grains.

I do try to stick to grains with a good amount of fiber whenever possible.
  • Wolkensdorfer
    Options
    I just started eating a whole grain bread. It's actually very good. I will eat it in moderation. I think that's the key - moderation and appropriate portion control.
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    pfffffft I eat bread all the time, I've lost 12 pounds in just over two months. I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing(: if it doesn't work for some people, so be it(: I love me some bread and rice! :tongue:
  • Aineko
    Aineko Posts: 163
    Options
    The only bread I every eat is the bread baked right there at the bakery, which is very yummy :bigsmile:
    for my standards that's the only thing that counts as 'bread' :flowerforyou:
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I think it's great you lost weight eating carbs, for myself, I have PCOS which mimics insulin resistance. So for myself I try to eat very low carb, if I don't I won't lose weight or I'll gain, despite working out 6 days a week and staying within my calorie range. For me, a calorie isn't just a calorie.
  • xobron
    xobron Posts: 4
    Options
    lucky you- but it depends on the person... some peoples bodies are much more tolerant to carbs than others in regards to weight loss.
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I EAT IT ALL. Except fast food because it makes me feel icky and sick.

^^^ this ^^^ (:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Some forms of bread, pasta or rice every day.

Grilled ham & cheese sammich for lunch yesterday, garlic bread and rice with dinner last night. The day before I had leftover mac & cheese with lunch, and ravioli and garlic bread for dinner. Love potatoes, too. Great big baked potatoes.
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body everyone is different. For me if I look at carbs I gain weight. So I have to limit them but I do not omit them completly. I went to weight watchers and did their points program for 6 months and did not lose one ounce I gained. That was with excersise. They had me to the point of tears saying if you bit it write it and I was. It wasn't until the end six months later that after I left and was crying that one of the ladies followed me out and told me in some cases it doesn't work for people that I should get my thyroid checked and sure enough I had a thyroid problem once fixed I figured I could go back to the points system but it still did not work for me. Only when I did some reserch and found out with some people when they have a thyroid issue the only thing that works is to do low carbs. Not extreme but low. I do around 100-125 grams per day of carbs and excercise at least 2-3 x a week at an 1 hour each time. If not I don't lose a anything.

I am glad that alot of you can eat all the carbs and lose weight, just some of us don't have that luxury.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I lost nearly 40lbs without ever paying attention to carbs. Only thing I cared about was a calorie deficit and exercise.

I'm looking at carbs a little more now because I'm trying to maximize my fat burn, and your body will use up the glycogen in carbs first. But that doesn't mean cutting carbs, rather just balancing them.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Well i guess most of you are lucky not to be carb sensitive.
    Some people really don't get on well with carbs, despite being, in a deficit.
  • alison_elena
    alison_elena Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs everyday, granted I've switched from white breads to whole grains, white rice to brown rice and so on and so forth, but i still get as full as i was before, but in a much healthier way. I absolutely need that energy considering how much I want to be working out, otherwise I wouldn't have the energy to do anything.

I've only lost weight--not gained over the past month to month and a half, even while eating some carbs.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yup, same here. Bread, pasta, rice, even the occasional donut or pop-tart. If it fits my daily calorie allowance and macros, any kind of carb is fair game :drinker:
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The only reason I would cut traditional breads entirely would be if you are like one of my friends that has Celiac disease, or if you had other allergic responses. She actually does have carbs but they have to be 100% gluten free. As a teenager, before the doctors figured out what was wrong, she nearly died from the ravages of gluten on her body. Carbs come in many forms, although we generally think of wheat products. I should rephrase my response, because food allergies just redefine the types of carbs, grains and vegetables, in the diet, and we always need some!........I still eat breads, but not tons of them. I think it is fun to experiment with a large variety of breads.......Happy eating everyone!!!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Dr.Oz says that eating wheat bread is just as "bad" as eating white bread. It's still bread. I assume the benefit of eating wheat or whole grain bread is the diff grains/fiber in it. I don't think you can get a shredded stomach overloading on bread. It's about portion control. I still eat bread. I still lose weight as well. Portion control people!

What exactly did Dr. Oz mean? Was he talking about 100% whole wheat bread or bread labeled "wheat" that is not whole grain. Most white bread is wheat bread, after all.
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Portion control and exercise, baby! There is nothing I 'can't' have. I just can't have EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME!