for heavens sake, I STILL EAT BREAD AND LOSE WEIGHT!

Options

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Carbs are necessary for proper brain funtion. Carbs are your bodies energy.
    Want poor brain function and low energy.... skip the carbs. :/

Sorry, but untrue. There is no biological need for carbs.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    My body reacts very poorly to empty carbs as I am diabetic. That being said, I would never cut them out completely. I simply limit my take in to a certain amount per snack and meal. Isn't the no bread thing Atkins? I love dough far too much. I've lost nearly 70 lbs simply by portion control and exercise. You can still have "bad" things on occasion. GASP!

Actually with Atkins you will eventually add back in bread.

Paleo / Primal is no bread or grains of any kind, except some occasional rice if your body is tolerant.
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 lbs this month and definitely didn't cut out carbs, just followed the amount we're allowed to have!!! :)
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I've always been a big carb fan - and I have lost weight while eating carbs.

I choose healthier whole grains instead of over-processed grains...I go for unbleached and natural grains (NO WHITE BREAD).

I have a certain percentage of my diet that is for carbs/grains/wheats....and I stick to it as close as possible.

I did the Atkins diet a long time ago when it first became popular....and I did drop weight on it - as well as have stinky breath all of the time due to ketosis. Once I added carbs back into the diet - I gained weight immediately! SO, unless you're prepared to NEVER eat a slice of bread again - I wouldn't bother.

Well it is so obvious that you did not do Atkins properly. If you had, you would have found your optimum carb level for losing, maintaining and going above that causes weight gain.

I know several people that have lost a bunch of weight with Atkins and still eat that way and still have some bread on occasion.
  • CindyCountingCalories
    CindyCountingCalories Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    LOL! :laugh:

Me too I :heart: bread and still lose :drinker:
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I love my carbs!! however, because i love them so much, it is easy for me to go WAY overboard. So, i do have to limit what I allow myself, but I do still have carbs in moderation, and I feel great!
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump for later...
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I eat bread and I eat pasta...I do try to always use whole grain bread and pasta though. I eat pretty much what I want to eat as long as it fits within my calorie limits. Ya know, that's the beauty of this program...as long as you stay within your limits you can eat anything you choose to eat. Otherwise I would never have lasted this long. Another thing...I have always been anemic and my last blood test was apparently within range, so I know I am making better choices and I am sure my doctor is happy. :)
  • Amy271189
    Amy271189 Posts: 66
    Options
    I've lost almost 55Ibs and eat bread quite alot!!

I think it depends on the person but personnaly have never had any difficulties losing weight while eating the stuff!!

=)
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I don`t even track carbs lol love pasta and bread and will always include them in my life <3 so far down 43pounds and this is my first ever atempt at weight loss and since I`m making it a life change it will be the only ever atempt :) carbs included
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    lost 21 lbs in 2.5 months, and i ate whole grain and yummy carbs EVERY DAY. :)
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Just because you can lose while eating them doesn't mean they are healthy or the right choice. One of the things I credit to my 30+ pounds down in less than 3 months is drastic reduction in bread and almost eliminating white bread.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    I say to each their own. Everyone is different. For me, I can eat carbohydrates and lose weight just fine. For my hubby, he has more trouble. He chooses a more lower carb lifestyle. He is 10 years older than me and is discovering he can't eat like he did when he was 25. Does it make things difficult in the cooking and meal department? Absolutely not. I know what works for him and know what works for me. Everyone is different in the way their bodies work.
  • Mandy7698
    Mandy7698 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    37lbs down and most of what I eat is carbohydrate-based. :)

I am down 20 and my nutritionist gave me a meal plan that is carb consistent! Your body does need carbs for nutrients as well!
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    19.5 pounds so far AND 24.25 inches. I don't even track carbs. I just eat and exercise.

Same!!! Except for the measurements. :-)

Oh..and the child.
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever kind of bread/rice/pasta I want. I stick to whole grain/high fiber products 90% of the time. I do moderate how much of them I eat though. For example...if I want potatos, rice, or pasta at dinner I don't have a roll or garlic bread as well. One carb selection per meal for me.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have Celiac. That's reason enough for me to cut them and I've lost 38lbs. Certainly won't be eating them anytime soon and honestly, I don't miss bread.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza, candy bars, donuts, cheese, red meat, fast food and still lose weight. I eat at a deficit and I don't eat all of these things every day. If I can't find a way to eat what I enjoy, this won't be a change for life. I am eating now like I want to eat when i am done losing weight.
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have lost 39 pounds and I eat a lot of carbs daily. I would not survive without them lol
  • lmtrevin77
    lmtrevin77 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    eat it every day :) and so far I have lost 11 pounds :) everything in moderation!

Yes! Moderation is the key. I wish more people thought of this word everyday. It has helped me so much :)