for heavens sake, I STILL EAT BREAD AND LOSE WEIGHT!

Options
seen a lot of posts lately regarding "whole grain/wheat" bread/brown rice.. and such.. I am not understand why alot of people choose to cut them out COMPLETELY... I have lost weight with still eating bread, at a deficit.. eating healthy and working out...

please tell me I am not the only one? share YOUR success so we can put the "bad carbs" posts to rest!

Replies

• MissLaurenR88
    Options
    lol LOVE this post.

I lost 9 lbs by still eating wheat/bread/grains..
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Carbs are necessary for proper brain funtion. Carbs are your bodies energy.
    Want poor brain function and low energy.... skip the carbs. :/
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    37lbs down and most of what I eat is carbohydrate-based. :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I ate white bread yesterday. Also had some m&ms and an ice cream sandwich. Yeah.

I weighed .2 lbs less today than I did yesterday. :) uh huh.
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I eat bread but I make sure it is the 35 calorie a slice kind. I am trying to only eat 1200 calories so this bread fills me up. I think it is unrealistic to think you can cut bread out all together.
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    19.5 pounds so far AND 24.25 inches. I don't even track carbs. I just eat and exercise.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Sames.

besides a medical reason (ie the doctor TOLD you not to eat as many carbs) i think people should eat however much they want.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    yea I don't know why people keep saying they have to cut out certain types of foods. I eat a lot and a variety of foods, I just lift a lot too. :P #progress
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I still eat bread every morning...I also eat pasta.....and I also eat corn chips with salsa!! OMG!!! I really do..and I don't plan to give any of it up!!!

Hold the gravy train....because I still have gravy

I even have beer!!!

YIKES!!! Someone shot me now......I am doing so bad!!! LOL!!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I love my carbs. The thing I changed as far as bread is I changed from white to wheat and then changed from normal fiber to high fiber because I eat a lot of protein and I want to keep things regular. So yup, eat bread, lose weight: It works!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Ive tried low carb... I didn't have the energy to get out of my own way... I eat bread, potatoes, pasta and all the yumminess lol.
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    All the weight I've lost so far is by going over on the carbs and under on the fat and sugar :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I cut down on bread a little, because sometimes I was eating it out of habit and not because I especially wanted it. But I still eat plenty of it, and I lost weight just fine.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have been eating whole wheat cinnamon raisin toast every morning for a week. Before that I was eating smart white toast and peanutbutter. I eat carbs, I just eat fewer and try to make better selections of carbs.

I ate pizza for lunch yesterday.
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    eat it every day :) and so far I have lost 11 pounds :) everything in moderation!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    seen a lot of posts lately regarding "whole grain/wheat" bread/brown rice.. and such.. I am not understand why alot of people choose to cut them out COMPLETELY... I have lost weight with still eating bread, at a deficit.. eating healthy and working out...

please tell me I am not the only one? share YOUR success so we can put the "bad carbs" posts to rest!

I think this type of debate will continue until the next food item is demonized. Trying to pin obesity on any food item or macronutrient is just plain sillyness, IMO.

I eat bread and I drop weight on 200-250g CHO/day. I also pay absolutely zero regard to digestive rate of CHO. I hit my macros and stay near my calorie goal and I use "some common sense" with food choices and that's about it.

Why complicate it.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    :heart: carbs! It is only calories that matter in the end for weight loss.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My body reacts very poorly to empty carbs as I am diabetic. That being said, I would never cut them out completely. I simply limit my take in to a certain amount per snack and meal. Isn't the no bread thing Atkins? I love dough far too much. I've lost nearly 70 lbs simply by portion control and exercise. You can still have "bad" things on occasion. GASP!
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    MMmmmm bread
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Guilty.

I don't think I'm ever going to be able to give up foods I love, I just eat them in better moderation now. =)